60 Million Dollar HS Football Stadium?

BRAWNDO

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20140312-report-allen-stadium-may-need-partial-teardown.ece

"Fixing structural problems at Allen Eagle stadium may require demolishing major components — possibly in areas that include the athletic field, a preliminary forensics report says."

id imagine (or atleast hope) thatll be on the builders not the county

My father-in-law was in the concrete business for decades. He says it's obvious to him the contractor used too much water and didn't allow the concrete to cure. Essentially they rushed it and this is what happens. There is no fix other than complete demotion.

id imagine (or atleast hope) thatll be on the builders not the county

Just a guess, but I doubt the builder is going to agree, which means a fight in court. Once that's settled (a long time from today), and assuming the blame is put on the builder, there's a good chance the company will not be able to afford the demo and repair costs to fix their mistakes. They'll go bankrupt (easily starting another company under another members name), and the county is stuck with a stadium they can't fill due to safety reasons.

Even the best case scenario (temp fixes will do the job but need to be repeated over and over again) doesn't look good long term for the county.

I agree, somebody will lose their job for this! :nana:

Ha! Chances are 99% that the contractor knew they were cutting corners. This was either an attempt to shave a few bucks or an attempt to catch up after falling behind. Either way the result was predictable. If I were the county I'd make the builder eat that stadium.

PTR