5 Wide

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eagles are trying to trade kafka

It makes me feel good to know that Cpt. Checkdown pulled the pre-season wool over someone else's eyes. The Philly radio guys keep going on and on about how well he played. He was against 3's 4's and 5's the whole time. He threw a HORRIBLE pick 6 that was negated by an unrelated penalty which everyone magically has forgotten. God help them if they think he can play in an actual NFL game and throw further than 4 yards, not because of his arm, because he REFUSES to throw anywhere else! He did it in the PS - 3rd and 8 throws a 4 yd pass.

It makes me feel good to know that Cpt. Checkdown pulled the pre-season wool over someone else's eyes. The Philly radio guys keep going on and on about how well he played. He was against 3's 4's and 5's the whole time. He threw a HORRIBLE pick 6 that was negated by an unrelated penalty which everyone magically has forgotten. God help them if they think he can play in an actual NFL game and throw further than 4 yards, not because of his arm, because he REFUSES to throw anywhere else! He did it in the PS - 3rd and 8 throws a 4 yd pass.

I imagine the Eagles are envisioning Foles as the number 2, and Edwards as veteran "insurance".

Edited by mob16151

The Patriots have released Deion Branch, Dan Koppen, Brian Hoyer. and James Ihedigo.

Surprised about Branch, Hoyer is interesting, Koppen was a backup, and Ihedigo played in all 16 games last year.

Would love to see us pick up Branch and Hoyer. I think Hoyer could be a 3rd string QB here with the potential to be groomed into something more and would be cheap. Branch would instantly be our 2nd best WR and not to mention the insight these two could give us on the Pats.

Wonder if the cardinals will fall for it again this year

haha.

Andy Reid: "No, this time we're serious. He's good."

Ken Whisenhunt: "Okay; take a few more 2nd round picks. But we want Trent Edwards too."

Andy Reid: "Done."

edit: apparently the cardinals are not that stupid. Eagles cut Kafka.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/eagles-dump-kafka/

haha.

Andy Reid: "No, this time we're serious. He's good."

Ken Whisenhunt: "Okay; take a few more 2nd round picks. But we want Trent Edwards too."

Andy Reid: "Done."

edit: apparently the cardinals are not that stupid. Eagles cut Kafka.

http://profootballta...les-dump-kafka/

From comments at the above link:

"Kudos to Andy for acknowledging the Kafka mistake. Edwards gives us a much better chance if Vick gets hurt and if Foles can’t get it done."

:w00t: