Vick Fitted with Military Grade Armor

I can't see how this is legal. It's giving him an unfair advantage in a game where pain inflicted upon your opponent is a strategy (especially to shake a QB). Sure, the same can be said for pads preventing pain and discomfort, but everyone is using them, it's an even playing field.

In addition, where does it end? Metal helmets and shoulder pads? I sure would want to be tackled by metal/armor exoskeleton.

Edited by kas23

I can't see how this is legal. It's giving him an unfair advantage in a game where pain inflicted upon your opponent is a strategy (especially to shake a QB). Sure, the same can be said for pads preventing pain and discomfort, but everyone is using them, it's an even playing field.

In addition, where does it end? Metal helmets and shoulder pads? I sure would want to be tackled by metal/armor exoskeleton.

Most players err to the side of the absolute bare bones minimum. Not Vicks fault if he goes above the minimum. Injured players often use equipment to protect ribs and the like

Most players err to the side of the absolute bare bones minimum. Not Vicks fault if he goes above the minimum. Injured players often use equipment to protect ribs and the like

It's not Vick's fault that he's making the conscious decision to wear a performance-enhancing device? Plus, this is not the same as an injured player wearing extra protection on his injured body part. If so, what's Vick's current injury that he wills to protect?

If this body armor serves to protect the person wearing it, I sure hope it doesn't lead to an injury to the 270 lb DE running balls-to-the-wall into it. lead with the helmet, I'd say. Would be worth the fine.

It's not Vick's fault that he's making the conscious decision to wear a performance-enhancing device? Plus, this is not the same as an injured player wearing extra protection on his injured body part. If so, what's Vick's current injury that he wills to protect?

If this body armor serves to protect the person wearing it, I sure hope it doesn't lead to an injury to the 270 lb DE running balls-to-the-wall into it. lead with the helmet, I'd say. Would be worth the fine.

He's currently got injured ribs

And anyone can wear it. It's an nfl approved padding option. Not his fault everyone declines as they feel more padding hurts their performance.

Continue on though, if you want.

Count me skeptical it will work as well as advertised. If it allosw movement of the chest to run and pass how is it going to prevent a dislocated rib..Sure it may lessen the direct impact but will it lessen the abnormal motion of the chest/ribs when he is getting hit by a 285 lb lineman and driven into the ground? And it was his shoulder and hand that cost him games last year wasn't it?

So Vick will be able to handle a BAR toting DE? Maybe not. .30 perhaps. If he'll be wearing plates he better bring lots in case he runs into Mario. The name Unequal technologies infers neither promising nor negative aspects. Unequalled would be better.

Edited by Pilsner

Sounds like "Vito" is scamming Vick. Sews some Kevlar into an underarmor shirt and calls it "military grade protection". Then he guarantees he won't get injured. This company waits until after their only sponsored athlete is injured and then fits him with a device that guarantees to prevent this injury?

This is a joke.

Edited by Mr. WEO