McGee suffers setback

papazoid

not looking good for terrence making team....

The long road to recovery for Terrence McGeeicon-article-link.gif coming off patellar tendon surgery saw a bump in the road after practice Monday and it kept him off the practice field Tuesday. It will also keep him out of the preseason finale Thursday night in Detroit.

“Terrence had a setback yesterday,” said Gailey following Tuesday's practice. "His knee got a little weaker in practice yesterday so we’re sitting him and seeing where he goes looking into the future. He’s not going to play this week so we’ll have to see where that takes us.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/McGee-suffers-setback/46de1488-67b0-454a-af2f-2e7010728359?campaign=BillsBuzz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking more the PUP where Bills retain rights til week 6 and then see how he is. Saves a roster spot til then, only problem is they'd have to figure out who to cut to bring him back to the roster, but it buys McGee time to heal up.

I'm thinking more the PUP where Bills retain rights til week 6 and then see how he is. Saves a roster spot til then, only problem is they'd have to figure out who to cut to bring him back to the roster, but it buys McGee time to heal up.

He isn't pup eligible

This was inevitable. He clearly wasn't even close to healthy, yet he pushed and pushed himself. It's a credit to the guy that he tried as hard as he did this offseason, and played last week despite not being healthy.

McGee has been one of my favorite Bills for both his play and his attitude, but it looks like his football time is done.

Maybe if he get's healthy as the season goes on, he could be considered as an injury replacement if necessary.

In the article, Gaily said he does not see him getting cut on Friday. So either Gailey is lying or McGee is going to make the final 53.

Hate to say it, but I think the Bills would be wise to cut him on Friday but let him know he will be re-signed after the first game. I know he restructured and all, but still would give the Bills more options in terms of cap space if his salary is not guaranteed.

If they cut McGee then the combined NFL experience of our CBs (excluding Leodis) is less than 2 years total. S. Gilmore, A. Williams, J. Rogers and R. Brooks.

McKelvin has looked terrific so far throughout the summer, but if he's the veteran of the group...

It's a scary proposition.

I've always liked McGee. He was a solid physical corner and even better kick returner in his prime. Nobody is more disappointed than him that he can't get healthy. It's probably time to hang 'em up.

In the article, Gaily said he does not see him getting cut on Friday. So either Gailey is lying or McGee is going to make the final 53.

Hate to say it, but I think the Bills would be wise to cut him on Friday but let him know he will be re-signed after the first game. I know he restructured and all, but still would give the Bills more options in terms of cap space if his salary is not guaranteed.

He also said that he will do what's best for the team. Time will tell...

I've been lambasted for this opinion before, but I've been steadfast in it: McGee needs to go.

He needed to go 3 years ago, when the Nix-less front office signed him to a $7M/year deal and let Jabari Greer--a better player--leave in FA for $5.5M/year.

McGee's a good person, and he was a great kick returner, but his coverage ability was severely over-rated for a long time, and the skills he did have in that department have eroded.

Best of luck to the guy, but he's done.

If they cut McGee then the combined NFL experience of our CBs (excluding Leodis) is less than 2 years total. S. Gilmore, A. Williams, J. Rogers and R. Brooks.

McKelvin has looked terrific so far throughout the summer, but if he's the veteran of the group...

It's a scary proposition.

Terrific is a strong word, but yes McKelvin has played well this preseason. Why? Because playing nickle allows him to make plays IN FRONT of him. On deep plays he simply has no instincts, and is clueless as to how to defend the ball. However he is very athletic and quick, and when the ball is in front of him, he can see and read the action, and make some very nice plays.

IMO, it's clear he cannot be a good starting QB in this league based on his lack of ball awareness over top. However I've always thought he could succeed at nickle, because he's proven he can play well when the play is in front of him.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I wont be surprised either way, but I hope they keep Terrence. he is an excellent corner when he is healthy and hopefully he will be soon

Key words. When is the last time that truly happened?

The bills have no issues with cap space.

I think he can contribute, if healthy, but healthy has been a problem for him.

The bills have no issues with cap space.

I think he can contribute, if healthy, but healthy has been a problem for him.

But if they relase McGee, that will leave a sizeable chunk more cap space we can roll over into next year, with Byrd, Levitre, Urbik, et al, needing new contracts.