Have you adjusted your expectations based on preseason?

zow2

I have a little. Just from what I've seen i don't think the Bills offense will be much better than last year. Remember, they had some great offensive games (KC, NE, Oak) to name a few.

It all falls on the defense. If they can upgrade to a top 12 overall defense leaguewide, then this team has a chance to be a wild card contender. If they continue to give up chunk plays on 3rd down and NOT win the turnover battle then it will be a tough year. The young DB's and not so active LB's could doom them.

On July 1st I thought 10-6 was very realistic. Unfortunately they look more like a 7-9 team to me right now.

No one fears the Bills on their schedule and every team will take defensive liberties on Fitz and blitz like crazy to disrupt the pass happy offense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills be fine, IMO your O was never AMAZING , lighting up the Pats D early last yr was NOT a very difficult thing to do 9they were lit up more than an XMAS tree early last year!!), that and your D made your O look better with those 4 picks of Brady they dont make those picks the game is VASTLY different. (That game was awful watch looked like neither teams D wanted stop the other teams O.)

I still see a WC birth for the Bills and probably a 10-6 or 11-5 record IF they stay healthy!!

I have a little. Just from what I've seen i don't think the Bills offense will be much better than last year. Remember, they had some great offensive games (KC, NE, Oak) to name a few.

It all falls on the defense. If they can upgrade to a top 12 overall defense leaguewide, then this team has a chance to be a wild card contender. If they continue to give up chunk plays on 3rd down and NOT win the turnover battle then it will be a tough year. The young DB's and not so active LB's could doom them.

On July 1st I thought 10-6 was very realistic. Unfortunately they look more like a 7-9 team to me right now.

No one fears the Bills on their schedule and every team will take defensive liberties on Fitz and blitz like crazy to disrupt the pass happy offense.

Adjusted my expectations-No. This FO and coaching need to put up or shut up this season. Have I adjusted my optimism a bit, yea probably have.

I think we'll be fine.......but I'll be drinking and cheering them on regardless.........I haven't gotten my hopes up in years!

i agree, it has been so long that one is hesitant to let his hopes get up again to face disappointment. Hopefully that long pattern ends this season.

Well, the thing that concerns me is the way we have been getting blown out in the preseason. Fortunately it does not count, but getting blown out can't be encouraging.

I wish the league would go to 2 preseason games so fans can't overreact as much. I'm just going to wait until the 9th and watch the games to see what happens. Preseason games in any sport do not mean anything.

Just think if there were only 2 preseason games this year, there would have been no need for the Jackson trade, as coming off the second game, VY looked pretty good and everyone said he had the backup QB sewn up.

Well, the thing that concerns me is the way we have been getting blown out in the preseason. Fortunately it does not count, but getting blown out can't be encouraging.

The Steelers had a real long drive against them, but it really isn't defense that has me real worried, they have been pretty good for the most part (alot of the points have been scored by the opposing defense or at least put in good position by the opposing defense). The problem with this team is going to be the offense and it could be a real big problem. They didn't address any of the weaknesses (QB, WR) starting a rookie at LT (not saying he won't be good but he is a rookie), have maybe the weakest WR depth in the AFC in not the entire NFL. Our QB depth is a mess. Defense will be much better then last year, but the offense is going to take a miracle, and maybe Jackson turns out to be that miracle-but I highly doubt it. Edited by BuffBill

I think the Bills be fine, IMO your O was never AMAZING , lighting up the Pats D early last yr was NOT a very difficult thing to do 9they were lit up more than an XMAS tree early last year!!), that and your D made your O look better with those 4 picks of Brady they dont make those picks the game is VASTLY different. (That game was awful watch looked like neither teams D wanted stop the other teams O.)

I still see a WC birth for the Bills and probably a 10-6 or 11-5 record IF they stay healthy!!

Congrats Bills fans. One of the most reasonable and rational posters on the board is a Pats fan. SMH...

(Thank you PFNH)

In the spirit of "the best predictor of tomorrow is yesterday," I'm saying 7 - 9 for the 2012 season. I just don't believe that the pre-season is all a sham and has no value in terms of what comes next...Oh yeah, that and the past ten years figure in there, too.

ya, I just don't know if the Bills are as good as I thought they were coming into the season. We have a great dline and safeties but our corners are both young and shaky and our linebackers also seem to be a weakness. On offense we lack a second wr and a proven lt. It really comes down to Ryan Fitzpatrick becuase qb is what it's all about in the NFL. I keep debating whether this team is ready to take the next stop and I think if you put a top ten nfl qb on this team it is ready no question. We'll have to wait and see if RF can take us to the promised land. Also, I really wish the bills had a young qb they drafted in waiting to take the team over at some point.

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Jesus H Christmas! Must you ALWAYS be such a wet blanket around here? Can't we just enjoy our mosh pit of misery without your insipid ray of sunshine posts?

GO BILLS!!!