Schopp slammed Bills over Merriman, what do he think of Pats?

If there is a bigger blow hard, contrarian tool bag on the radio than Mike Schopp, The guy is total garbage as a Buffalo sports talk show host and the only reason he has ratings is because Entercom has a monopoly on talk radio in this town. They bought out WNSA after Adelphia went belly up and changed the format and squashed Brad Riter's attempt to make WECK reputable. Now with Shredd and Ragan on in the morning on the Edge, if you want any semblance of sports talk, you're forced to listen to that jerk. It's embarrasing that he, a guy who admittedly doesn't really like football, is going to be the host of the official Bills postgame show on 20 something stations on the Bills radio network.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, Im flattered. And even with great humility agree that I or anyone here could probably do a better job than Schoop.

Would love to do a show. Guests would include Jboyst, Buftex, RRich, BillinNYC, JohnCockestean, WhySoSerious?, CaptHindsight, OCinBuffalo, PtR... I know Im forgetting plenty of other worthy candidates

The list of people with better football opinions is basically endless from TBD. Would probably hire Jauronimo as a full time co-host. We'd also need to keep DCTom on staff for when people call in with horrible ideas.

Lets get this started!!

only on one condition.... van miller does the show introduction.. 100% hit

we dont personally know Jim Kelly.. but we know he never had what it takes to win a superbowl no matter how many chances he gave him self. We dont personally know RKelly... but we know he pee'd on girls, and we dont personally know Chad Johnson but we know his wife filed for divorce.

NObody knows Todzilla... but we know ur a Schoop supporter, we know u grow ur ego callin someone a tough guy online, and with that im sure the Zilla in todzilla is adding 'height' to a short minded man.

Get to know what ur talking about, facts are facts and if I was a friend to Schoop... I too would be a loser by association

so let me get this straight I'm the internet tough guy, but when you do the same thing, you are above all that somehow. My ego gains nothing by calling you anything. I could make a comment about the 'biker' in your name alluding to that tricycle you ride around the neighborhood, but I won't.

And to your point, I get that you can learn about people you don't actually know by reading stories online and listening to the news. but you throw out things like HUGE gambling problem and alchoholism without any basis, like they are facts and that seems quite short minded to me. You say facts are facts, but don't have any.

I get that you don't like Schopp and thats fine, he certainly isn't for everyone (or many according to this board). I just don't get the personal attack.

According to Ross Tucker via Twitter the Pats cut Fanene under "failure to disclose a physical condition" and are likely going after the $3.85M bonus he received. Not really comparing apples to apples anymore.

Good point. No one seems to have noticed as they tee off on Schopp. Not sure why the OP would think Schopp would comment on Fanene anyway....

Who really cares? The money isnt coming out of our pockets directly and I think the majority of us hoped it was going to work out. It certainly didnt keep us from signing Mario or Mark...........

Agreed. I wish it would have worked out, and we would have looked like Geniuses, but unfortunately it didn't work out that way. I think he did play a big part last season in the Pats game before he got hurt. I def think he made an impact in the locker room that day.

so let me get this straight I'm the internet tough guy, but when you do the same thing, you are above all that somehow. My ego gains nothing by calling you anything. I could make a comment about the 'biker' in your name alluding to that tricycle you ride around the neighborhood, but I won't.

And to your point, I get that you can learn about people you don't actually know by reading stories online and listening to the news. but you throw out things like HUGE gambling problem and alchoholism without any basis, like they are facts and that seems quite short minded to me. You say facts are facts, but don't have any.

I get that you don't like Schopp and thats fine, he certainly isn't for everyone (or many according to this board). I just don't get the personal attack.

I thought u weren't trying to say something about my name? looks like your honor is as good as ur word. Must make ur mama proud. You defend ur self as pointless as you defend Schoop. What proof you want? Records are public records. There is a reason Schoop has been around the block. Personally I find his opinions to be entertainment... i like when he gets all worked up. I just know his audiences get bored from city to city, and when a real radio jocky becomes available he will get bounced again. You cant reinvent the wheel, yet i like ur effort.

Pats signed injured vet Jonathan Fanene in the off season to a contract, paid him a 3 million dollar roster bonus, then cut him. I wonder if he think they are a joke?

Schopp isn't even a Bills fan so whatever. I doubt he even likes sports as he is always first to talk about movies and other stuff and almost seems annoyed that he has to waste his mental superiority talking to us simple mined folk.

I understand the criticisms of Schoop, and I don't necessarily disagree with them...but I don't hate the guy. I didn't here his comments on Merriman. What exactly did he say?

Basically he was ripschitt over the Bills wasting $10M on Merriman and he was trying to whip up the pitchfork-and-torches crowd. When a majority of people said they supported the move despite it not working out, and even attacking Schopp for being a tool via Twitter, he lost it. I think he was pissed that his usual go-to move, making people angry about the Bills, was gone. Frankly I don't even understand what his point was. Did he want Nix fired? Did he want the front office to jump off the Peace bridge? Forfeit the season over Merriman? You messed up. Move on.

PTR

According to Ross Tucker via Twitter the Pats cut Fanene under "failure to disclose a physical condition" and are likely going after the $3.85M bonus he received. Not really comparing apples to apples anymore.

Can't believe the Pats* crack medical staff missed this.

According to ESPN this policy was just enacted by the league this year and the Pats* are one of only two teams to use it. Kraft must be a cheaper bastard than I thought.

GO BILLS!!!

Basically he was ripschitt over the Bills wasting $10M on Merriman and he was trying to whip up the pitchfork-and-torches crowd. When a majority of people said they supported the move despite it not working out, and even attacking Schopp for being a tool via Twitter, he lost it. I think he was pissed that his usual go-to move, making people angry about the Bills, was gone. Frankly I don't even understand what his point was. Did he want Nix fired? Did he want the front office to jump off the Peace bridge? Forfeit the season over Merriman? You messed up. Move on.

PTR

Even Bulldog disagreed with him which never happens.

PTR

grrrrr....now I am mad!

Here's my take on the issues between Schopp and WGR vs the Bills. The people in Buffalo have limited $$, so they have to decide, do I spend it going to a Bills game or a Sabres game? Since WGR was broadcasting the Sabres, Schopp kind of figured he'd help things along, wouldn't even surpise me that was encouraged by his management to bash the Bill's and remind people how inept the Bill's are whenever he had the change so go spend your $$ at as hockey game instead. Since he admittedly doesn't even like football very much was easy for him to do. So for a number of years did that. Well I don't think the Bill's liked that too much so they made things a bit tougher on him, wouldn't grant interview requests, wouldn't give him a story, etc and again can't blame the Bill's for doing that either. So what did Schopp do, he took that personal so he racheted things up even more against the Bill's to the point they both I'd wager a guess won't give each other the time of day. I'm sure the Bill's treated others somewhat the same at WGR as the bashing was somewhat station wide, but since Schoop was the worst offender and he seemed to take it personally, things were worse with him that others like say Howard Simon.

Now WGR is broadcasting the Bill's so no longer want to bash them, instead wish to prasie them, but again with Schopp it's personal so I don't think he read the memo about that part. I no longer live in western NY so haven't heard him in awhile, is he as negative as ever against Buffalo or has he toned it down some, but still as bad as he was, even toned down is still pretty bad.

It wouldn't shock me if he keeps up the negative stuff, the next time the Bill's broadcast writes are up, they make it part of the deal with WGR, either Schopp goes or we go!

Here's my take on the issues between Schopp and WGR vs the Bills. The people in Buffalo have limited $$, so they have to decide, do I spend it going to a Bills game or a Sabres game? Since WGR was broadcasting the Sabres, Schopp kind of figured he'd help things along, wouldn't even surpise me that was encouraged by his management to bash the Bill's and remind people how inept the Bill's are whenever he had the change so go spend your $$ at as hockey game instead. Since he admittedly doesn't even like football very much was easy for him to do. So for a number of years did that. Well I don't think the Bill's liked that too much so they made things a bit tougher on him, wouldn't grant interview requests, wouldn't give him a story, etc and again can't blame the Bill's for doing that either. So what did Schopp do, he took that personal so he racheted things up even more against the Bill's to the point they both I'd wager a guess won't give each other the time of day. I'm sure the Bill's treated others somewhat the same at WGR as the bashing was somewhat station wide, but since Schoop was the worst offender and he seemed to take it personally, things were worse with him that others like say Howard Simon.

Now WGR is broadcasting the Bill's so no longer want to bash them, instead wish to prasie them, but again with Schopp it's personal so I don't think he read the memo about that part. I no longer live in western NY so haven't heard him in awhile, is he as negative as ever against Buffalo or has he toned it down some, but still as bad as he was, even toned down is still pretty bad.

It wouldn't shock me if he keeps up the negative stuff, the next time the Bill's broadcast writes are up, they make it part of the deal with WGR, either Schopp goes or we go!

Oh Mike has toned it way down on the Bills but you can hear it in his voice, he doesn't believe his own words. It sounds like it pains him to have any enthusiasm for the Bills. He honestly sounds lost lately, like he doesn't know what to do. Can't B word about the Bills anymore. He must really miss Jerry Sullivan. At least Sully can piss, moan and be an ass. Then Schopp can jump in. Guaranteed if the Bills have a good start you will be reminded about 2011 and 2008 every week.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So where is Sully, I recal he had surgery back in the spring. Is he still out?

He must really miss Jerry Sullivan. At least Sully can piss, moan and be an ass.

PTR

True, be he helped amplify it more. I think the distrust dates back to the TD era, he's the one who froze out Schoop and started the ball rolling down hill and it hasn't stopped yet.

Pretty sure the Bills took care of that themselves