One thing worth noting from tonight's scrimmage

Simon

From what I was watching. Mario dosen`t look super. I seen him one on one, pass rushing. Nothing. Dogging these games. Hope so. T.J. graham,stronger, good hands looks to be a real # 2 upcoming. Bills linebackers as Simon Noted,look like a real weak spot. Sheppard still to me , seems like a 2nd team player . #36 is a player,all over everything. Potter is a lock. Kelsay,super effort,always a step or two away . Anderson looks alittle Maybinish, A polished Maybin. Same hyper type but stronger. I hope the the real team shows up for the season,because I`m not seeing much now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will be fine, so teams have different approaches to pre-season. would love to see the bill come out and dominate...

Viking had a screen play to harvins, simpsons leaping play and gerheart 16 yard run they caught lightening in a bottle .... Other other big play was Jenkins vs AW .... It was good d, just a better pass and catch....

for the first time in a long time, all the starters are essentially fleshed out heading into the preseason, and the games can be used to suss out some of the finer points of the offense, and get a solid depth chart established with regards to our backups.

this is the best preseason i can remember since... well... i dont remember any preseasons from when we were good... because... THEYRE SO MEANINGLESS. but halfway through and no injuries? my god, i feel like we've won the superbowl already.

but i suppose some fans wont be happy until chan spends his winters and springs making game plans for these scrimmage opponents, devoting OTAs and mini camps to full pad practices to prep for games like last night against the vikings, and we hit the ground running in the preseason.

i wish i could go back in time, bring twobillsdrive with me, and see how people felt about camp marv.

Agree with Simon 100%.

If it isn't obvious that the Bills are only going through the motions whereas the Redskins and Vikes were actually trying. Maybe people need to start watching another sport because they don't understand what is going on and complaining about it is first and foremost on the list.

Wow, I'm just out of it, I guess. I keep thinking that preseason is the time to test things, make progress, build a momentum, show some spark, develop a swagger, etc., but I guess the vast majority of those posting above know better. According to them, the preseason is just a time period to suffer through, and all will sparkle once we get into the Jets game. But wait, my thoughts may just be foolish caterwauling.... Still, I think just a smidgeon of doubt is acceptable at this point, don't you?

Nope, not at all. No concern what so ever.

This game, although obviously not identical, is quite relative to the Broncos/Bills preseason game last year. I saw the Bills play vanilla with few audibles, no blocking help for the O-line, absolutely no blitzing, and the D playing mostly man coverage out of the same base 4-3 look with no LB movement pre-snap, over and over again against a team that was blitzing, stunting, mixing up coverages, and using most of the tricks out of an NFL playbook. Big deal. If this was a regular season game I would be pretty p****d off but it isn't so I am not. The team is one day healthier and that's all I care about this time of year. Go Bills!

I haven't seen the game yet, but it doesn't look like they are putting too much effort into whether or not they win in these first two games. I know that it is preseason and you can't read too much into it, but it sure looks bad to play this badly for two straight weeks.

For whatever reason, I feel like the first teams are going through the motions as if they just want preseason to end so they can start the season. This may work if we were coming off a 12 win season. We are a better team than 2011 but buffalo is not ready to phone in the preseason. I see a lack of effort all around, including the coaching staff.

I haven't seen the game yet, but it doesn't look like they are putting too much effort into whether or not they win in these first two games. I know that it is preseason and you can't read too much into it, but it sure looks bad to play this badly for two straight weeks.

Haven't you heard, when the Bills play poorly in preseason or training camp then it doesn't mean anything but if they look good then it's an indication that they are going to make the playoffs this season.

There were two entirely different approaches taken by the two teams tonight.

Frasier was clearly trying to improve his staus with the organization and fan base. Maybe he's feeling a bit insecure.

Still, I think its time the Bills pick their team and spend more time honing the execution rather than focusing on player development...

I was thinking of the backups, wouldn't be surprised to see Morrison get cut so we can develop the youngsters. McKillup, White and Batten were cracking skulls in there, Tank was decent too.

I agree, BB. Morrison had a tough game compared to Moats, McKillop, and Batten.

Tell me more about your 3rd round pick in your sig--TE from Stanford. Zach Ertz.

For whatever reason, I feel like the first teams are going through the motions as if they just want preseason to end so they can start the season. This may work if we were coming off a 12 win season. We are a better team than 2011 but buffalo is not ready to phone in the preseason. I see a lack of effort all around, including the coaching staff.

THIS!

If you have the opportunity, go back and watch the first few defensive series and specifically watch Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus. Mario looks like he just woke up from a nap and there are plays where Marcel flat out quits. Anyone trying to convince themselves that the starters give a **** is wasting their time. I will say though, there is one guy who has the throttle down. Kyle Williams is going to be a one man wrecking crew this year.

THIS!

If you have the opportunity, go back and watch the first few defensive series and specifically watch Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus. Mario looks like he just woke up from a nap and there are plays where Marcel flat out quits. Anyone trying to convince themselves that the starters give a **** is wasting their time. I will say though, there is one guy who has the throttle down. Kyle Williams is going to be a one man wrecking crew this year.

I think you're right. I also think that napping and quitting isn't quite what the 'Stache had in mind for his starters 10-20 snaps.

THIS!

I haven't seen last night's game yet (on NFL network mid-day today) but I was very impressed with Kyle in the Redskins game. He looked like the best lineman on the team. I didn't think he got enough praise here for his play in his return. He didn't look to have any sign of injury or holding back.

I'll address your entire combative post by stating that the first three games the offense averaged almost 38 points per game.

In the next four games the offense averaged only 21 points per game.

Over the last 9 they averaged 14.6 points per game.

See any kind of trend there?

I should be the one asking you, so you're going to ignore the last 13 weeks of the season?

Lovely.

LOL

BTW, let's see if you and your sharp wit can identify what was present last season to start the season that won't be present this season?

Sigh...even though this is going to be repetitive I'll give in.

Starting LT Demetrius Bell, injured after week 4.

Thus the shuffling of our O-Line begins.

Starting Center Eric Wood, injured after week 9.

Thus the shuffling of our O-Line gets worse.

Starting RB and legit MVP candidate at the time Fred Jackson, injured after week 10

Starting QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, injured after week 8.

Starting WR Donald Jones, injured after week 8.

This team lost almost half of its starters on offense last year to injuries. Coincidentally, our offensive production started to decline when we had to shuffle the O-Line around. Lose arguably the heart and soul of our offense in Fred Jackson. Lose our only deep threat in Donald Jones. And our QB was playing without being able to call the play in the huddle under one breath.

You take all these injuries on offense and it's going to be tough to put up numbers when you have guys playing out of position and 3rd stringers getting significant playing time.

So forgive me if I'm not ready to be doom and gloom over this offense based on 2 pre season games when we saw what this team can do last year if they can stay healthy.

Edited by Bangarang

I was thinking of the backups, wouldn't be surprised to see Morrison get cut so we can develop the youngsters. McKillup, White and Batten were cracking skulls in there, Tank was decent too.

I saw White make a great deep drop to defend a pass against a tight end last week.......something I did not see all night from anybody tonight. White played 4-3 middle in college, and I would not rule him out, even if he didn't go to Pitt.