"Prosperity is shared"

Gary M

Your example is sound, but it's very specific to NYC and the surrounding areas--areas that benefit from (hands down) the most lucrative endeavors in America.

So, while true in principal, your example is hardly an illustration of how America works.

You mean the rest of America doesn't work for a boss who makes more than them?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're really saying is the opposite of this? That white, middle class males have had it good for so long it's time for their beat down?

No, because that would be as ridiculous as the premise that the deck is stacked against white guys in this world. Especially white Christain guys with money. Being one myself I can safely say that we aren't being oppressed.

At all.

And making any sort of argument that we're not getting our fair share is just silly.

No, because that would be as ridiculous as the premise that the deck is stacked against white guys in this world. Especially white Christain guys with money. Being one myself I can safely say that we aren't being oppressed.

At all.

And making any sort of argument that we're not getting our fair share is just silly.

Who's not getting their fair share and why?

Then tell us, please...how DOES America work?

Yeah, you beat me to it man.

You guys aren't so stupid as to make fish for an argument this way.

Obviously, America works in the same way (theoretically), but nobody NO WHERE has an economy of such wealth on a scale nearly the size of NYC. Throughout the VAST majority of our country, there's no such thing as construction workers with too much work on their hands, it's the exact opposite, and you damn well know it.

Obviously, America works in the same way (theoretically), but nobody NO WHERE has an economy of such wealth on a scale nearly the size of NYC. Throughout the VAST majority of our country, there's no such thing as construction workers with too much work on their hands, it's the exact opposite, and you damn well know it.

Disagree completely. Five years ago, construction workers in Minnesota (hardly the scope and scale of NYC) were booked for weeks/months and I know people who called contractors who were too busy and who then passed that business on to other people.

Trickle down is not an economic theory. It is a term widely used by Dems to discredit supply side economics as a system where the upper class gets fat and the poor collect what slips through the cracks. Please stop suggesting that you support the "trickle down" theory.

As for the way America works, the gears turn the same way everywhere. Just not to the same degree as NYC which lives and dies based on quarterly earnings and bonus season.

Didn't you just say the opposite?

Clearly, everyone else must be to blame.

Disagree completely. Five years ago, construction workers in Minnesota (hardly the scope and scale of NYC) were booked for weeks/months and I know people who called contractors who were too busy and who then passed that business on to other people.

Oh, then never mind. I was wrong. Construction workers throughout the vast majority of our country are swamped. My bad. People are definitely building a lot right now, that's for sure.

And down the rabbit hole he goes...

This isn't what he was talking about, it wasn't what you were talking about, so it's best if you just admit you had a little "Biden" moment and leave it at that.

Oh, then never mind. I was wrong. Construction workers throughout the vast majority of our country are swamped. My bad. People are definitely building a lot right now, that's for sure.

Did you forget to wear the helmet and head hit the curb this morning?

Trickle down is not an economic theory. It is a term widely used by Dems to discredit supply side economics as a system where the upper class gets fat and the poor collect what slips through the cracks. Please stop suggesting that you support the "trickle down" theory.

As for the way America works, the gears turn the same way everywhere. Just not to the same degree as NYC which lives and dies based on quarterly earnings and bonus season.

Didn't you just say the opposite?

Clearly, everyone else must be to blame.

Gosh darn it, I just hate when people make up terms to discredit that which they do not like!

And down the rabbit hole he goes...

This isn't what he was talking about, it wasn't what you were talking about, so it's best if you just admit you had a little "Biden" moment and leave it at that.

Are you making fish again, LA?

Did you forget to wear the helmet and head hit the curb this morning?

It never ceases to baffle me that you clowns can do this all day, every day, and it never gets old.

Who's not getting their fair share and why?

Good question Chef, I wouldn't mind reading TGreg's response to that as well.

According to RK it's white, christain dudes with money who weren't born from robots that are getting screwed.

Prosperity is shared, to me, means one thing...that as a natural born American, white, middle class (to many of Obama's people, "wealthy"), heterosexual Christian male, Im at the BOTTOM of the list of who gets a piece of that "shared" pie.