"Prosperity is shared"

Gary M

Actually, that is reality to me. On a large scale, I don't see victimization here in the US. I don't see things that way. I'm just not programmed like that, I happen to believe that for the most part, we all have opportunities to succeed and that our outcomes are a direct result of what we put back into this life.

I felt that way as a child and I still feel that way today.

Ha! When I was a child I felt like I could fly because Superman could. :lol:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that is reality to me. On a large scale, I don't see victimization here in the US. I don't see things that way. I'm just not programmed like that, I happen to believe that for the most part, we all have opportunities to succeed and that our outcomes are a direct result of what we put back into this life.

I felt that way as a child and I still feel that way today.

...Because you were born a white male into a white male dominated world.

The reality of my world is that I started working here on the exact same day as a girl roughly my age. I make more money than her...because I asked for it. She took what I was offered, I did not. And as far as I'M concerned, that exact scenario explains away a MAJOR chunk of the "gender gap."

How big were her cans?

His daughter grew up in a white, Christain household with money. She has been given every advantage (but for a penis) a person in this country could start off with (white skin, belief in Jesus, financial stability). She probably worked her ass off to get good grades, grinded *****y jobs to flesh out her resume, getting glowing letters of reccomendations from other white, Christian upstanding citizens. She's getting into college.

If Government hand outs are to be avoided and only to be used by people who need it -- RK's daughter doesn't need to be put in the front of the line. She can get in on her own. And, if a state college won't take her a private college will. Because she earned a chance. Even if she didn't earn the chance, since RK has the money there will be an opportunity for her to get her college on.

But what about the person at the back of the line that gets bumped?

Could you please expand on that?

Absolutely. Keynesian economics is predicated on an complete disregard for microeconomics, which is amusing, because the so called "macro-economy" is an aggregation of micro-transactions at the individual level. Keynes theorized that the event of macro-economic inefficiency, positive government action should be taken in order to "correct" the aggregate outcome of micro-economic transactions; and that if there is sufficient demand for a product or service, supply will be driven to meet the curve. This rationale is flawed however, because there cannot be demand for anything until such a thing has been supplied. (IE. Say's Law), and the fact that Keynesian correction relies on deficit spending, which is quite literally nothing other than the whole-sale application of Supply-Side thinking.

In short, John Maynard Keynes is the father of Trickle Down Economics.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

They go to the next school on their list. No one is going to be denied an education because of latinas who want to go to college too.

Try to go to France illegally and enroll in college there. It's not just a Latina that wants to go to college, it's someone living in the country illegally being moved, not to the front, but to a line they shouldn't be allowed in. This country already had a process in place for illegals to become legal and enjoy the benefits of our system. And filling out an application, going to college and promising to be a good little citizen was not the process...or at least it didn't used to be.

But let me ask you a question. How would you feel if the person that got bumped to the second school of their choice by this latina was a Italian kid whose family went through the process of becoming legal citizens. Spent the time and money to do it the right way. Now is the process just?

Try to go to France illegally and enroll in college there. It's not just a Latina that wants to go to college, it's someone living in the country illegally being moved, not to the front, but to a line they shouldn't be allowed in. This country already had a process in place for illegals to become legal and enjoy the benefits of our system. And filling out an application, going to college and promising to be a good little citizen was not the process...or at least it didn't used to be.

But let me ask you a question. How would you feel if the person that got bumped to the second school of their choice by this latina was a Italian kid whose family went through the process of becoming legal citizens. Spent the time and money to do it the right way. Now is the process just?

When have I ever said the process is just? I've said repeatedly that the world is run by big boy rules. And I'm not trying to defend immigration policies or even pass judgment on them. I don't claim to know enough about that to have an intelligent conversation.

What I am saying, and have been saying, is that inequality of opportunity and compensation is a fact of life in the world. Not just our country. I don't get what's so scary about admitting that for some of the people on this thread. It's not like it's a revolutionary idea.

When have I ever said the process is just? I've said repeatedly that the world is run by big boy rules. And I'm not trying to defend immigration policies or even pass judgment on them. I don't claim to know enough about that to have an intelligent conversation.

What I am saying, and have been saying, is that inequality of opportunity and compensation is a fact of life in the world. Not just our country. I don't get what's so scary about admitting that for some of the people on this thread. It's not like it's a revolutionary idea.

Right, but at PPP, there are only two solutions:

1. Adopting Obama's extremist failed policies
  2. Tough Titties

His daughter grew up in a white, Christain household with money. She has been given every advantage (but for a penis) a person in this country could start off with (white skin, belief in Jesus, financial stability). She probably worked her ass off to get good grades, grinded *****y jobs to flesh out her resume, getting glowing letters of reccomendations from other white, Christian upstanding citizens. She's getting into college.

If Government hand outs are to be avoided and only to be used by people who need it -- RK's daughter doesn't need to be put in the front of the line. She can get in on her own. And, if a state college won't take her a private college will. Because she earned a chance. Even if she didn't earn the chance, since RK has the money there will be an opportunity for her to get her college on.

So in it's simplest point, money paid into the US system by US citizens should be used to help the children of illegal immigrants who don't pay into our system so their child can get special treatment because she wasn't born with a penis into a white US family.

Yeah, doesn't sound any less stupid than the first way I posed it.

But that article is saying just the opposite. What Obama did by executive order is make the opportunity EQUAL even if you're illegal. That's the problem.