Seahawks have a good problem to have

D521646

I mention how Keuchly is playing in the same way you mention Wilson and the whole world came down on top of my head on this damn board lol.

Anyway. You're right. He looked awesome, I wanted Russell Wilson as well on our team. They also have a good problem at WR and CB. That team is stacked and can do some damage. I like them for their future as well as the Bengals and our team. I really want a new QB though to groom behind fitz.

Seahawks have been Stacked quite a few times and made little of it. Kids, it's waaaay to early to make the call on Wilson !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention all Wilson-doubters!

Carroll is going to let the best man play. -Period.

If Wilson does what he's always done, and masters the Seahawk offense despite having every reason in the world to FAIL, -he will be the clear choice to start in September.

So while you guys are making fun of the dimunutive QB From Wisconsin, (by way of Richmond, VA and Raleigh, NC) Bear in mind, that making the most of his opportunities, and separating himself from the competition is what R-dub has done at every level.

CAN'T WAIT to see how Wilson fares in PG2

so do we pick up t.jackson when he gets cut and replace b.smith with him ? lol we love others teams scraps..

If Seattle decides Tarvaris is the odd man out, they won't cut him; they'll shop him and likely get something in a trade for him. If that happens you can bet the Bills will be one of the teams showing interest. And it won't be to replace Brad Smith, it will be to replace Thigpen/Young AND to compete with Fitz for the starting QB spot.

A little insider info: the guys calling shots in the Bills front office absolutely love Tarvaris Jackson's skillset and tried to bring him in a couple years ago.

My guess is that if he is available, the Bills will explore making a play for him.

Interesting, Simon.

Trade-wise there are things that might work against a Bills offer.

I read where the big thing is that Seattle wants to get rid of him before the league year begins so that they're off the hook for his $4 million salary in 2012… so they might cut him if they can't make a deal.

Conversely, by passing through waivers, any team signing him as a free agent wouldn't have to pay him on his previous contract terms… they could probably get him for less.

Then again, if other teams like him as much as the Bills do, there might be competition for his services.

With the possibility of looking to the future for a QB & seeing that Russell had fallen so far in the draft , then you add to it what the guy did in college i thought that drafting him was a no brainer ???

But i guess i wasn't thinking along the same lines as Nix & company , but IMHO i think it would have been smarter to take a player like him than the kicker we took , not to mention that he could have done Brad Smiths job for a lot less money !!!

Go Figure ??

A few years ago would have been fine, but now Jackson is past prime. I'd rather keep who we've got. -Except for Thiggy of course.

Actually, he's in his 20's and has only played about 5 years, meaning he's younger than Fitz and about the same age as Vince and Thigpen.

So he's not exactly past his prime.

Another impressive performance by R. Wilson in a pre-season game. -Imo, he's earned a quarter with the first team.

Carroll needs to throw the wall at both these young QB's and see who passes muster. The sea-hags are facing a truly AWESOME dilemma.

Edited by #34fan

Watching the Broncos-Seahawks game on Preseason Live.

Excellent preseason game… both teams look sharp and polished… good intensity level in the game.

Matt Flynn's numbers weren't very good but he played very well. All his throws were catchable and there were some drops and nice pass breakups.

Russell Wilson looks excellent. So far he has 3 TD passes. As others pointed out to me before the draft, Wilson played behind the tallest O-line in college last year… his blockers averaged 6'6" tall last year and Wilson's yards per attempt and yards per completion were outstanding… in other words, he doesn't seem to have any problem seeing downfield.

BTW, the natural comparison for Wilson is Doug Flutie and there are some similarities. However Flutie was about 190-195 and Wilson is a powerfully built 210-215 who breaks arm tackles and runs with power.

Russell Wilson's mobility, arm strength, thickness of body, and resourcefulness remind me very much of the late Steve McNair. He's just a bit shorter but a very similar player.

Watching the Broncos-Seahawks game on Preseason Live.

Excellent preseason game… both teams look sharp and polished… good intensity level in the game.

Matt Flynn's numbers weren't very good but he played very well. All his throws were catchable and there were some drops and nice pass breakups.

Russell Wilson looks excellent. So far he has 3 TD passes. As others pointed out to me before the draft, Wilson played behind the tallest O-line in college last year… his blockers averaged 6'6" tall last year and Wilson's yards per attempt and yards per completion were outstanding… in other words, he doesn't seem to have any problem seeing downfield.

BTW, the natural comparison for Wilson is Doug Flutie and there are some similarities. However Flutie was about 190-195 and Wilson is a powerfully built 210-215 who breaks arm tackles and runs with power.

Russell Wilson's mobility, arm strength, thickness of body, and resourcefulness remind me very much of the late Steve McNair. He's just a bit shorter but a very similar player.

All I want to know is....

Was the game plan vanilla?

:bag