How did Tank Carder look?

I personally thought he looked awesome. Love the way he attacks the line of scrimmage. Seems really instinctual; quickly diagnoses the play and gets to where he needs to be. Gets quickly from sideline to sideline, and seems to move well through traffic. Tough to get a complete assessment based on one pre-season game, but I like what I saw against Washington.

I personally thought he looked awesome. Love the way he attacks the line of scrimmage. Seems really instinctual; quickly diagnoses the play and gets to where he needs to be. Gets quickly from sideline to sideline, and seems to move well through traffic. Tough to get a complete assessment based on one pre-season game, but I like what I saw against Washington.

Agreed. very ball aware. Takes good angles. still adjusting to nfl speed but he should surprise some. also i saw him today at walkies for return game. he does not look "small" to me.

In my unlearned opinion he looked active but little. He got flagged for a facemask on a play where he was flat out owned by the RB and his hand got caught in the facemask as he was being trucked.

It helps that our LB depth is crap but he looks like a Jauronimo LB to me.

-Damn, that's too bad. I became a Keuchly fan, but I was very high on Carder. I hope he can get his stuff together.

I like Carder a lot too, and I think he is a project player with potential.

Right now I think he will find his place with Special Teams. Having said that, I liked his hustle in the game and he showed to me that he is an instinctive player.

The facemask penalty was bad, but it was mostly incidental.

I look forward to seeing how he does the rest of the preseason.

Agreed. very ball aware. Takes good angles. still adjusting to nfl speed but he should surprise some. also i saw him today at walkies for return game. he does not look "small" to me.

He's not! He is listed as 6'2" 237 lbs. All the LBs are 6'2"-6'3"ish and 230-245lb neighborhood. Tank is right in the middle size wise.

In my unlearned opinion he looked active but little. He got flagged for a facemask on a play where he was flat out owned by the RB and his hand got caught in the facemask as he was being trucked.

It helps that our LB depth is crap but he looks like a Jauronimo LB to me.

That's what I saw too. Maybe he can develop into a nickel LB and eventually replace Bryan Scott.

I was not really impressed by any of the LBs to tell you the truth.

I have been a fan of Tank for a couple years, and was jacked when we drafted him. He seems like a real football player. Anybody notice how he looked the other night?

Thanks.

No need to even ask. He looked unbelievable because he was drafted by and plays for the Buffalo Bills. He won't look "crappy" until year 3 or 4....(in McKelvin's case, year 5 as he has gotten an extended "hall pass" for some reason...people really holding out to see his "full potential") :)

In all seriousness he was "ok". He was noticed (which I believe is a good thing) but was also running with the 3rd team. It seems as if he has had his ups and downs which could be chalked up to being a rookie I guess. The great thing about Carder is it seems as he has the desire to get better. That combined with his speed, play recognition and hopefully leadership should find him a place on the defense for years to come. He looks, to me at least, like he could add 10-15 pounds of muscle both upper and lower body. I think that will be something that is addressed throughout the season and into next season.

I don't know if those are instincts or wanting to make a play, but it is great to have a LB with that mindset. He's in attack mode all the time, hopefully he can make positive plays with it.