Sign Usain Bolt ?

bmur66

track stars rarely make good football players anyways.

OJ Simpson was a track star (at one time held a world relay record in the 4x200).

Bullet Bob Hayes was an Olympic Champion and a deep threat

Darrell Green was a track star (10.08 100 m)

Deion Sanders was a track star

Santana Moss was a track star

Elbert Dubenion was a track star

Herschel Walker was a track star

James Lofton was a track star

Willie Gault was a track star

CJ Spiller was a track star

Brian Moorman was a track star

Don Beebe was a track star

Jim Brown once ran in a track meet and then played lacrosse at the same day at Syracuse and I believe finished in the top 5 in the AAU decathlon in 1955.

There's a decent correlation between track speed and football speed.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OJ Simpson was a track star (at one time held a world relay record in the 4x200).

Jim Brown once ran in a track meet and then played lacrosse at the same day at Syracuse and I believe finished in the top 5 in the AAU decathlon in 1955.

But those guys were all multi-sport stars from childhood and learned football at each level on their way up. That's a lot different from trying to pull a guy in his 20s off the track and onto an NFL field when he's never played the game.

He has said he is interested in soccer career after he retires from sprinting. Clearly he not different than anyone else generally and will be looking into marketing his success as optimally as possible. His deal with puma said to be for $9 mil yr. ends in 13, but likely will be extended with a increase after his Olympic success. Him showing athleticism as young , he could easily be taught to catch ball, not doubt his persona would enjoy the stage of NFL, it a no brainer to give a person such as he as look, frankly foolish not to do so. The biggest consideration is , if he a guy who has had stage to himself as sprinter, could be be a team guy and share stage and could he be coach able , no point bringing him in if he a guy who is not going to listen or cause a inordinate fuss amongst team. Give him a shot nothing to lose.

On race this one he went full out and ran right through the line. He met the challenge of young training partner and a final group that all ran amazing times. Certainly he beat the best doing their best, and is clearly on top. With monies available these days , many athletes stay past their prime in sports hardly anyone would blame them, but their is merit in ending career on top and taking on another challenge. Perhaps NFL offer both a great challenge and still the potential to earn a great deal of money.

You forgot one :oops:

Glad this is getting some press, as my gf and I were lol'ing about it last night...

Anyone else catch the female assistant eye-ballin' Bolt BIG TIME!?!?!

And with all due jealousy and envy, Bolt celebrated his victory in his dorm room... with some of the Swedish Female Handball team!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/9456300/Usain-Bolt-celebrates-100m-gold-with-Swedish-womens-handball-team.html

Class act.

He stopped an interviewer to recognize the US national anthem being played. This is a potential spoiler as this was posted today so I'm not sure if it happened today or last night and whether or not the American who won gold isn't televised until tonight. But I think it's an awesome move on his part.

http://larrybrownsports.com/olympics/usain-bolt-stops-during-interview-national-anthem/149381

My friend posted this, I can't steal it, it is funny:

My wife just said Usain Bolt's run was the second-most exhilarating 9.63 seconds she's experienced this year.

:lol: the guy's phenomenal, as was the race. liked the women's 100 just as much. women's basketball, not so much. women's track is really good.

Edited by birdog1960

Yes we should. Because playing WR in the NFL is so easy, anybody can do it. Just run a straight line and don't worry about catching the ball. Just run straight and beat your man in a footrace. Don't worry about plays or running routes or anything else. Just think of this as a 200M race.