NFL RUMOR: Bills close to waiving Vince Young

HOUSE

The word out of Tenn was that VY would never be a classic drop back passer in the NFL. He didn't have the head to do so.....

Anytime he did well, it was the scramble that did it. I saw him do it to the Bills at the Ralph in his rookie season. But, if you want a displined system with complexity, this may be beyond VY. Too bad, a great physical skill set. I am guessing this rumor is right on.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TERRIBLE Idea. -IF it's true. Chan Gailey is full of bad Ideas, but he usually saves those for his playcalling.

If it does go down, was Fitzy behind it??? Him and Thigs have been thick as thieves lately.

It'd be in Fitz's best interest if he was. The LAST thing Fitz wants is P.O'd fans screaming for VY after a string of his trademark interceptions.

Should something happen to Fitz, Thigpen doesn't give us the best chance to win. If he did, Chan would have put him in last year when Fitz was hurt.

Makes sense. -Thigpen is the best chance of maintaining the status quo in Orchard Park (losing) He is also the best chance Fitz has of holding onto his job.

Edited by #34fan

TERRIBLE Idea. -IF it's true. Chan Gailey is full of bad Ideas, but he usually saves those for his playcalling.

If it does go down, was Fitzy behind it??? Him and Thigs have been thick as thieves lately.

It'd be in Fitz's best interest if he was. The LAST thing Fitz wants is P.O'd fans screaming for VY after a string of his trademark interceptions.

Should something happen to Fitz, Thigpen doesn't give us the best chance to win. If he did, Chan would have put him in last year when Fitz was hurt.

Makes sense. -Thigpen is the best chance of maintaining the status quo in Orchard Park (losing) He is also the best chance Fitz has of holding onto his job.

hmmm, can't tell if serious

Still little (if any) better than a random post here.

Also, most never watched thigpen, who's better than given credit for.

Thats kinda what Im thinking also, he seemed ok at times with KC, but then again Im really not sure. Either way, when we started to get our butts kicked they always kept Fitz in, for what??? Lets get the backup some reps, just to see why you pay him, who knows maybe you get some good out of it, if not then so what we already lost. (this year our 2nd QB comes in after were ahead in games)

I actually went to high school with this guy's wife. He is like 24 years old and he now lives in Delaware. He has no connections and this write-up is pretty much baloney. Lol.

Or Vince Young is just playing poorly. Occam's Razor strikes again.

VY is like tebow in the fact he just wins games he may not be good in practice but in the game he finds a way to win.... i think he was 3 and 1 last year for the eagles, he did not put up good numbers but he did get the W and thats what counts

1 and 2 last year. If VY had been 2 and 1, the Iggles would have tied the Giants for the NFC East. They split with the Giants, and beat them for record within the division so it would have been Iggles in the playoffs and G-men going home.

hmmm, can't tell if (#34fan) serious

Interesting point. #34fan typically seems to be, but this post is pretty over-the-top; has anyone seen #34fan, paintmyhouse, and crayonz at the same time?

I am guessing this rumor is right on.

I am guessing this rumor was created by the author from out-of-context Chan presser clips

Edited by Hopeful

I listen to WIP sports radio out of Philly all the time, and they had absolutely zero interest in keeping VY around after last season. One of the hosts was citing a source within the organziation and really throwing the guy under the bus. They made no effort to bring him back.

If possible, try listening to 97.5 the fanatic. They were interested. However, Andy told him he has more to offer. He could start for another team. And that was from an interview that the fanatic had with Coach Reid.

Just my 2 cents. If VY and Pigpen have been equally bad, why would we cut the guy who sucks and is still learning the system as opposed to the guy that knows the system and stills sucks? I'd rather keep the guy who has preven he can win games in this league. Let him learn the system and IF fitz goes out, tailor the offense to his talents. Cutting VY doesn't make sense at this point. If

, after preseason, he's still clueless, cutting him seems logical. Not right now.

brain damage is always serious

:lol: Nice!

Best comeback I've read around here in a while.

I'd diss you back, but I was laughing too hard.

Seriously though, this theam is just three pieces away from being deep playoff contenders.

One of those pieces is a QB that other teams actually have to prepare for, another is a dedicated head coach, the last piece is a dedicated, forward-thinking offensive coordinator. We have NONE of these things right now, and are therefore likely to come up short of a playoff run. As far as VY and Fitzpatrick are concerned, I feel VY is the biggest threat to Fitzpatrick, and is therefore in a better position to push him.

I feel Young is the key to better performance from Fitz. With VY gone, an unmotivated Fitzpatrick will settle back into his old ways. -Guaranteed.

I am a big fan of Fitz, but I can understand why people don't like/dont view him as a solution. But I don't understand how anyone can complain about Fitz, and view Vince Young as any form of a solution. Fitz is 10 times the quarterback than Vince Young.

How dumb do you have to be to lose your position battle to someone the coaches were afraid to put in for an injured Fitzcrackedribs?

I say put in package of plays for VY like they're doing with Tebow. At least VY is a threat to pass occasionally unlike Brad Smith.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Vince play tonight. I feel good about Fitz as the starter. But backup QB is important for us this year as well.

If Coach Gailey really tailors his offense to his players, if Fitz gets hurt and can't go, I'm thinking Coach Gailey can adjust his offense to fit Vince's style.

Besides, Vince has more upside!

Let the games begin.

Pure nonsense from another moronic, adolescent, wannabe sports columnist with no abolutely knowledge or contacts, but - thanks to the internet - a gullible, believing audience that is so thirsty for Bills news that any fiction quickly made-up to fill column space and meet a deadline will do nicely.

There ought to be strict rules on TSW about posting crap like that. Seriously. There went 5 minutes of my life that I can't have back. Vince Young WILL be the Bills backup QB this season. No "ifs or buts" about it.

But for those still thirsting for the latest Bills news and thinking they'll get it from that sophomoric dolt, here's more breaking news by Adam McGill...

"The Bills must win more than 8 games this season if they hope to have a winning record."

Hey senator, i bet you have short arms.