Freddy says he is a top 5 running back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/06/fred-jackson-im-a-top-5-running-back/

Love the bravado, but you have to back this "chip-on-the-shoulder" act up with a full season and near top of the league all purpose yards from scrimmage. Thurman had the chip, but he also had the yards and longevity. If Freddy stays healthy I think he's a top 5 back, but until then I'll withhold judgement.

RTB

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Fred can stay healthy AND Coach Gailey conitnues to feed him (the football) he should be this year. I hope he can stay healthy and that Coach Gailey rides him all the way baby! He is our best weapon.

I was at the Eagles game last year and he and Nick Barnett pretty much won that game themselves. It was a beautiful thing seeing Fred get the football on the first 5 plays of the game and punish the Eagle D and move right on down the field.

At this point in his career, he is definitely top 5.

BUT

Just like our on-paper D, he needs to show it AND have it be an important part to the team actually winning more than losing. He will deserve every accolade he receives from the media and fans.

Did you watch any of the games before he got hurt? I think he did show it.

so you wouldn't trade him for a healthy Adrian Peterson? Arian Foster? Chris Johnson?

hmmm, lemme think about that...

Right now I'd take him over Peterson and Johnson. Peterson isn't going to be the same after his injury. Johnson...who knows what's going on with him.

Guy was the league's leading rusher when he went out. That's a pretty good case for being a "top 5 RB." I do think he'll share a lot of time with CJ, which will lead to both being fresh enough for big plays through the game, but lowered cumulative stats. But Freddie could be a 5.0 ypc guy this year.

Edit: *again* this year.

Edited by silvermike

All this stuff is sort of fantasy football yackity yack nonsense. Lets start playing football an may the best man win.

RBs need different strengths depending on the offense. I see Freddy better than AP in the bills o, Peterson is much better in minns o. Foster an Peterson may be more interchangeable. Bills o needs more versatile back like Johnson or bush.

1.Foster

2.Rice.

3.MJD

4.McCoy

5.Healthy AP

6.Freddy, Chris Johnson, Gore, Forte, Jackson

Considering he's not healthy that knocks him down a spot. Sorry but Freddy's much better than MJD in my opinion. Wouldn't even put Gore in the same ranking as Freddy. That's an insult.

All this stuff is sort of fantasy football yackity yack nonsense. Lets start playing football an may the best man win.

RBs need different strengths depending on the offense. I see Freddy better than AP in the bills o, Peterson is much better in minns o. Foster an Peterson may be more interchangeable. Bills o needs more versatile back like Johnson or bush.

Who the hell is talking about fantasy here? You delirious boy stop making things up. After 10 games,lets see how stacks up against the other "top RBs" in the league" last year.

Fred Jackson, 934 yds, 442 yds receiving, 6 TDs (1376 total yds)

MJD - 941 yds, 139 yds receiving, 5 TDs (1080 total yds)

Lesean McCoy - 1019 yds, 198 yds receiving, 11 TDS (1217 total yds)

Adrian Peterson - 944 yds, 125 yds receiving, 12 TDs (1,069 total yds)

Outside of TDs his numbers stack up with the best of the RBs in the game. As of right now my RB rankings go..

Arian Foster

Lesean McCoy

Ray Rice

Fred Jackson

Matt Forte

Edited by FleaMoulds80

And here is the rub on all of that.....

In order to keep an older RB like Fred going strong AND for the betterment of our team they need to reduce his workload and increase CJ Spillers.....which is going to hurt Freddies numbers.....

There are some that wont agree with me on that....but I want Fred to last the season.....which I firmly believe will extend into December this year.

This is a very true statement. Fred is the best back in the NFL for what the Bills do. CJ is the second best! Seriously though, AP wouldn't do well in our offense, or we'd have to change our style to fit his strengths.

There are some that wont agree with me on that....but I want Fred to last the season.....which I firmly believe will extend into December this year.

Of course it will. The last game is scheduled for December 30th.

In order to keep an older RB like Fred going strong AND for the betterment of our team they need to reduce his workload and increase CJ Spillers.....which is going to hurt Freddies numbers.....

I'm all for this. While I want to "FEED FRED", we also need to hold his work load down a little so he can stay healthy. If CJ does well, then alternate them in and out more. But Fred is still my main man getting 15-20 carries a game. And a few screens.

1.Foster

2.Rice.

3.MJD

4.McCoy

5.Healthy AP

6.Freddy, Chris Johnson, Gore, Forte, Jackson

I think Foster is a giant product of his offensive system. It's the old Denver one, where rbs are interchangable. It's hard to make one list but if everyone is assumed healthy, it's AP and everyone else. He is one of the most dominant rbs I have ever seen. But FJax definitely merits top 5 consideration esp. because a lot of posters before 2011 told me we had the worst oline in the NFL (which was proven to be complete BS).

And here is the rub on all of that.....

the dreaded 30 is for RBs who has years of wear and tear. Fred is fresh so I don't want to hear it. Sure he played Arena league for just 2 seasons where RBs are barely even used and NFL Europe but that was just for A YEAR. So I don't wanna hear that garbage about "he's 30." So what. He's the freshest 30 year old RB out there.