Props to Mike Mularkey

DB Aaron Ross was given permission to go to London to watch his wife race in the Olympics. Here's how Mularkey dealt with that event back in Jacksonville.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/05/mmqb/4.html

On Sunday, during Jacksonville Jaguars practice, coach Mike Mularkey stopped the workout on the fenced-in grass fields outside EverBank Stadium, and took the players inside the stadium. He also invited the 1,200 fans at the team's last open practice of the summer into the stadium. There, he arranged for the NBC feed of the Olympics to be shown on the huge end zone JumboTron. That's where all eyes were fixed when the wife of Jaguars cornerback Aaron Ross, Sanya Richards-Ross, won the women's 400-meter gold medal. Now that's a terrific idea. "Really a classy thing to do,'' said wideout Lee Evans. "Everybody wanted to see it, and it was good that he [Mularkey] was able to pull everybody together in the stadium, including the fans. It was special."

This from the same coach that a few years ago, while on a long West Coast trip, took the team on a walk around Seattle and had Cheeseburgers together.

What a weally, weally, cool guy, that coach!

:thumbdown:

This from the same coach that a few years ago, while on a long West Coast trip, took the team on a walk around Seattle and had Cheeseburgers together.

What a weally, weally, cool guy, that coach!

:thumbdown:

and then they proceeded to kick Seattle's ass.

Unless he was given permission by NBC it is an illegal broadcast and Jaguars probably will be penalized by NBC.

Huh??

NBC is streaming live. Anyone with a computer can watch, project--whatever, as long as they don't charge someone else to watch.

Unless he was given permission by NBC it is an illegal broadcast and Jaguars probably will be penalized by NBC.

Not to nitpick but the permission would have to come from the IOC who hold all transmission rights. And since the Jaguars didn't 'retransmit' the event nor charge admission for it, they were free to have as many people over to watch TV on the giant screen as they wished.

GO BILLS!!!

Not to nitpick but the permission would have to come from the IOC who hold all transmission rights. And since the Jaguars didn't 'retransmit' the event nor charge admission for it, they were free to have as many people over to watch TV on the giant screen as they wished.

GO BILLS!!!

Correct K-9. Unless the Jags advertised it, charged people to see it, etc, it should be considered a moot point.

Didnt they already take a day off to go see a movie or some BS?

That's very nice of the coach, but if I were a Jags player, Id be more worried about getting guys ready for the season.

They were watching a 400M race. Not the NY Marathon. Race probably took all of 50 seconds.

Teambuilding exercises and classy gestures are not the reasons Mike Mularkey is a ****ty head coach. I doubt either instance came at the expense of game preparation.

+1

Plus he is guy that strikes me as being better the second time around as HC.

He seemed in over his head the first time as HC.

Now he has had some years to see what not to do (Saban) and what to do (Mike Smith)

Its a pretty ****ty franchise though so he may be in over his head again.

Sign freaking MJD and Blackmon, wtf!

+1

Plus he is guy that strikes me as being better the second time around as HC.

He seemed in over his head the first time as HC.

Now he has had some years to see what not to do (Saban) and what to do (Mike Smith)

Its a pretty ****ty franchise though so he may be in over his head again.

Sign freaking MJD and Blackmon, wtf!

No matter how difficult the circumstances were, I do find it a little difficult to respect him after he quit an NFL head coaching position. How can a HC preach mental toughness and character to his players when his method of handling diversity was to bail? I know a few Falcons fans who are glad he's no longer their offensive coordinator but I'm not totally sure what that tells us.

Blackmon just agreed to terms about an hour ago, BTW.