8/2 - Shep is Dressed

jimmy10

as per Chris Brown and BB.com...

No team reps for Shep

Posted by Chris Brown on August 2, 2012 – 2:55 pm

"Kelvin Sheppard was back participating in individual position drills, but there wasn’t much more after that.

Shep did not get any team reps and just left the field with athletic trainers. He didn’t make anything worse just limited in his participation."

So, hopefully it's not anything too concerning and just more of a precaution at this point. We're not in good shape in the middle after Shep.

as per Chris Brown and BB.com...

No team reps for Shep

Posted by Chris Brown on August 2, 2012 – 2:55 pm

"Kelvin Sheppard was back participating in individual position drills, but there wasn’t much more after that.

Shep did not get any team reps and just left the field with athletic trainers. He didn’t make anything worse just limited in his participation."

So, hopefully it's not anything too concerning and just more of a precaution at this point. We're not in good shape in the middle after Shep.

Barnett moves to the middle but it will hurt depth.

Clearly nothing serious if he went through individual drills.

If individual drills mean no contact then maybe it is an upper body injury?

If it was a leg injury he would be held out of all drills, maybe?

Here is hoping it is a strain of some sort that can get better w rest. As others have mentioned Bills are very thin at LB.

More likely Morrison moves to middle in base sets.

Give some reps to Scott M , Tank and easy going Nigel rip yer helmet off Bradham who got a sack today in a blitz package i read.

Shepp is plenty ready mentally. But i hope this doesn't get wierd.

If individual drills mean no contact then maybe it is an upper body injury?

If it was a leg injury he would be held out of all drills, maybe?

Here is hoping it is a strain of some sort that can get better w rest. As others have mentioned Bills are very thin at LB.

it is likely we will be letting some LB's go come cut time.

we are not thick with them but we are deep enough. Sheppard is kind of unproven in my eyes. He is more of a run stop guys at this point but he is smart and works hard. He is a Bill and i want him back asap and hope this is a simple thing.

Nick Barnett has high praise for the kid and thinks he has a tall ceiling. But we do have some new guys we need to run with he ones for a bit maybe?

Edited by 3rdand12

I know I have little to nothing to base it on, but if the worst were to happen, I think that the Bills would be alright.

One of Barnett or Morrison would move to the middle bringing in Arthur Moats and I believe Moats is gonna have a big year… beyond that I have confidence in McKillup and White… both were superb college players.

I guess I'm not quite as pessimistic about our LB situation as a lot of the respected posters are.

I know I have little to nothing to base it on, but if the worst were to happen, I think that the Bills would be alright.

One of Barnett or Morrison would move to the middle bringing in Arthur Moats and I believe Moats is gonna have a big year… beyond that I have confidence in McKillup and White… both were superb college players.

I guess I'm not quite as pessimistic about our LB situation as a lot of the respected posters are.

Nor am I on the pessimistic part. I think we have just what it takes with youth and building up talent for the future if nothing more then for depth. If we are going to bring up talent I want OL and LB's.

I'm thinking the guy just had a little diarrhea and didn't want to do any rough stuff that might pop something loose in those white pants. Just a guess.

On a more serious note: I do think our LB crew is more talented than we have generally given them credit for. There are a bunch of good young players; but they are unproven. I think by the end of the season, with the improvements to the line, this group will be far more productive than in recent years. Just saying . . .