I firmly believe this must be it for Fitz

Not being a man of faith, I have to ask if there is an allotment of things that you are allowed to pray for? Is this really something that you would call on your god for?

If you are sick and tired of Bills fans clinging to feel good stories, what are you going to do if they win? That will be a feel-good story, as the Bills are just a football team. It won't cure cancer, or feed children...

It is nice to see that somebody...anybody...was willing to be the grown up in the room and say that Bills fans shouldn't feel good. If there is one thing that I have noticed it is that there aren't enough negative pricks in these forums. We need more people like you to rub keep brining up that they Bills haven't been good in a long time, and that it has been one abysmal failure after another...I almost completely forgot, and was going to get excited about the prospects of competing this year. If there is anything that we don't need, it is hope, or happiness. We need to be serious and disappointed all of the time. We only have one life to live, and if you go around having fun or being happy all of the time, you are missing the point.

I do find it, at least mildly, amusing that the brave posters are willing to complain about lack of talent, bad drafts, poor coaching, blah blah blah blah, until they mention Fitz. They make it sound like he had the world handed to him when he strolled into Buffalo. I am not counting last year, when the Super Bowl was ours for the taking if only Fitz didn't screw it all up by playing through injuries, and figuring out a way to get rid of the football at a record pace...I mean when he got a clean snap that is.

I am tired of him holding us back, too, and if he doesn't do it this year, we should go back to looking for a QB, because there are a ton of them out there, and if it isn't every year that some new 22 year old wins the SB. A lot of QBs have played this game and never won, or been to a Super Bowl. There are "franchise," a term that is nonsensical to me, QBs who didn't even make the Playoffs every year, but yet if Fitz doesn't do all of that this year, he is scrap? The search for things to talk about has drug us to new lows, and the quest for something to piss and moan about even lower.

XOXO,

BBK

:thumbsup:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy Nix spent 3 years eradicating the loser mentality at One Bills Drive. Too bad that mentality still lingers here with some folks.

PTR

10 wins in 2 years, only matching the Jauron/Fewell season of 6 wins, not yet reaching the elite 7 wins of Jauron, yep, supposed to really change the mentality.

I do not believe there was a loser mentality, I mean, just several years ago was 5-1, and we were constantly told by the everyone in the media how hard this team played for Jauron. This loser mentality only goes away with winning, and it is for the fans. The players played hard before too.

Edited by paintmyhouse

I am sick of the Bills and the fans clinging to feel good stories, I want results. Ralph has paid a ton and given Nix and Gailey a ton of room to do what is needed for this team. I feel this is the best overall talent we have had in a long time, and this is the best overall coaching staff possibly ever. We have NEVER had a DC as good as the 'stache' and I am sorry this isn't even debatable.

That said, Fitz has had plenty of time. He now has a QB coach directly working with him, full offseason, was the clear cut starter all of last year, all this offseason and will be all this season. If he doesn't make a significant improvement, he isn't going to at this stage of his career. It will be time to part ways and clean up the main position that is holding us back.

He doesn't need Brees numbers, he needs to put up a much better completion %, get the ball downfield much better and have a MUCH better TD to Int ratio and get us over the 10 win mark. If he doesn't its time to part ways.

I personally pray this guy does it, I am ready for this position to finally be settled.

I agree with the main theme of your post, but Wade Phillips was, and still is, a far-more accomplished DC than the "stache.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Buddy Nix spent 3 years eradicating the loser mentality at One Bills Drive. Too bad that mentality still lingers here with some folks.

PTR

You eradicate a loser mentality by winning.. not by going 4-12 and 6-10. The fans on this board have a right to pessimistic until this team proves it can win.

I am sick of the Bills and the fans clinging to feel good stories, I want results. Ralph has paid a ton and given Nix and Gailey a ton of room to do what is needed for this team. I feel this is the best overall talent we have had in a long time, and this is the best overall coaching staff possibly ever. We have NEVER had a DC as good as the 'stache' and I am sorry this isn't even debatable.

That said, Fitz has had plenty of time. He now has a QB coach directly working with him, full offseason, was the clear cut starter all of last year, all this offseason and will be all this season. If he doesn't make a significant improvement, he isn't going to at this stage of his career. It will be time to part ways and clean up the main position that is holding us back.

He doesn't need Brees numbers, he needs to put up a much better completion %, get the ball downfield much better and have a MUCH better TD to Int ratio and get us over the 10 win mark. If he doesn't its time to part ways.

I personally pray this guy does it, I am ready for this position to finally be settled.

Your entire post is littered with hypothetics from your own personal beliefs, yet you're "tired of fans clinging to feel good stories and want results"?. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

10 wins in 2 years, only matching the Jauron/Fewell season of 6 wins, not yet reaching the elite 7 wins of Jauron, yep, supposed to really change the mentality.

Actually the loser mentality goes away before you start winning.

To folks like you winning is something that happens magically. You wake up one day and you are a winner. You are oblivious to the process of building a team. You only know it when the guy on ESPN tells you or your Madden ratings go up. Everything before that is a mystery to you.

PTR

To folks like you winning is something that happens magically. You wake up one day and you are a winner. You are oblivious to the process of building a team. You only know it when the guy on ESPN tells you or your Madden ratings go up. Everything before that is a mystery to you.

PTR

Are you talking about fans or the actual team? Bills fans have been burned twice in the past five years by having a winning mentality. Fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for anything that they can cheer for. I think its perfectly reasonable that fans hold back their off season hopes a little bit until this team proves it can do it the right way.

Are you talking about fans or the actual team? Bills fans have been burned twice in the past five years by having a winning mentality. Fans are on the edge of their seats waiting for anything that they can cheer for. I think its perfectly reasonable that fans hold back their off season hopes a little bit until this team proves it can do it the right way.

Hold back? Sure. Assume failure? No thanks.

For years Bills fans wanted a competent GM and coach. Now that we have one we complain because of 12 years of history this regime has nothing to do with.

PTR

Like that sometimes that guy says that Gailey made the offense geared around Fitz's strengths.............or is it Fitz is one of the few guys that can actually run Gailey's crazy complex offense? Which is it? Glad he is so smart, not smart enough to take a sack sometimes and instead just toss one up there, and not smart enough to slide when he is clearly will not make the first down and take a big hit from a LB. There is very little smart about Fitz's game.

Alright, I think this is my last response to your nonsense vendetta.

It's a bit of both, Fitz is smart (unlike what you think) and Chan can run a system that matches his intelligence. They fit each other well.

I'd rather Fitz take a shot, especially when we are losing games because of our defense vs running out of bounds or taking a sack like a certain previous QB did. It shows he at least cares enough to try to win the game. He's a gamer.

This is why I think a strong defense will help him immensely. He shouldn't have to take so many chances this year.

It would be great if we could upgrade the QB position. Who do you propose we so easily replace him with?

At this point, Fitz is the best avaialble option, if a better one becomes reasonably available, I am all for it. Until then, pray that Fitz kicks ass this year.

You lost me at the bolded part. I thought discussion board statements were um.....debatable by definition. My bad. :unsure:

It would be great if we could upgrade the QB position. Who do you propose we so easily replace him with?

At this point, Fitz is the best avaialble option, if a better one becomes reasonably available, I am all for it. Until then, pray that Fitz kicks ass this year.

See, this is what makes no sense......you say at this point. Of course, we have to be all in with him right now. There were plenty of options to upgrade the last several seasons and none of those options were taken.

Sure is, but there is very little chance of it happening, no QB like him really just ends up getting it, and that means you are banking on the defense being top 5 to just compete.

Rich Gannon would like to say hello.

PTR

I have never had a signature, but this is going to be my signature.

See, this is what makes no sense......you say at this point. Of course, we have to be all in with him right now. There were plenty of options to upgrade the last several seasons and none of those options were taken.

Name some of those automatic-guaranteed-to-succeed options?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think this is the point of the OP. This year Fitz has no excuses. The D should be well improved. The oline will be solid to very good. He has one great RB behind him and one that showed he has good skills late last year. He has Stevie to throw to and a couple of other decent wr's. At some point the QB has to step up and be the reason you are good not another excuse why you are not. You look at any team in the last decade, tell me one that won without a QB having a very good season. I said decade, so Dilfer guys go away.

If Fitz throws for around 4000 yds 28 tds and lowers int to 12-14, this team has a shot at the whole enchilada.

Brad Johnson :nana:

The only thing I think he needs to do is lessen his interception numbers. Everywhere else he was pretty decent last year, especially the first half of the season before the rib injury.

I don't think he's the reason we have a poor record the last two years. But he's also not good enough to overcome a poor team effort either. If we have the opportunity for an elite guy, great. But if not (we don't), I'd rather have him than any other mid range talent.

So what's the end game? What does he have to ntdo? Win a Superbowl? Get us to the playoffs? Post decent numbers? Should he catch the ball? Should he also play defense, get sacks and pick off passes? He's ONE part of the puzzle. Imagine how much pressure can be taken off if he isn't forced into a shootout because the defense holds other teams to less than 3000 points a game.

i remember at least 8 interceptions that were deflected off receivers hands...catchable balls.

IMO George Edwards was more of a problem than Fitzy, he couldnt get a stop to save his job. (literally)

also i am not making an excuse for Fitz, but i dont think there has ever been a less heralded group of WRs than the Bills had in the second half of last season.....it was B Smith, Spiller, and injured Stevie, Nelson, and later on Hagan, not exactly an imposing group.

Like that sometimes that guy says that Gailey made the offense geared around Fitz's strengths.............or is it Fitz is one of the few guys that can actually run Gailey's crazy complex offense? Which is it? Glad he is so smart, not smart enough to take a sack sometimes and instead just toss one up there, and not smart enough to slide when he is clearly will not make the first down and take a big hit from a LB. There is very little smart about Fitz's game.

its both....he tailored an elaborate scheme around a player with the mental capacity to run it...I dont remember him ever "just tossing it up there" rather than take a sack. There is tons of smart about his game, maybe you just arent intelligent enough to see the smart things he does.

PTR

AND HOW!

Edited by milehiLou