And now from Patriots Camp

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19694957/five-questions-from-patriots-camp

1. They lose two DE that accounted for 20 sacks and now have a pass russ by commitee, which could cause Belicick to bring back Carter once the season starts and this makes them better.

2. They were 20 in rushing, and now have three guys that are serviceable at best, brilliant.

3. They now have one WR that can run down the field, that's all they need.

4. Last years third string QB could become second string. Has never actually played in a game.

5. "Saturday didn't have one player in the same position as the starting five in the Super Bowl and it was a different combination on Sunday." I don't know what I can even say about this.

Let me reiterate what I stated in a previous post. If these were questions and answers out of Bills camp, the spin would be how much the Bills suck. Because this is the Patriots the spin is how awesome they are.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. They lose two DE that accounted for 20 sacks and now have a pass russ by commitee, which could cause Belicick to bring back Carter once the season starts and this makes them better.

2. They were 20 in rushing, and now have three guys that are serviceable at best, brilliant.

4. Last years third string QB could become second string. Has never actually played in a game.

5. "Saturday didn't have one player in the same position as the starting five in the Super Bowl and it was a different combination on Sunday." I don't know what I can even say about this.

Let me reiterate what I stated in a previous post. If these were questions and answers out of Bills camp, the spin would be how much the Bills suck. Because this is the Patriots the spin is how awesome they are.

He left out "aging team."

PTR

As the Colts showed last season when you have one of the best QBs to ever play the game you can have loads of holes in your team and still be good. As long as Brady is there they will win despite these flaws. Put Brady on the Bills and they're suddenly Super Bowl favorites.

Edited by MDH

As the Colts showed last season when you have one of the best QBs to ever play the game you can have loads of holes in your team and still be good. As long as Brady is there they will win despite these flaws. Put Brady on the Bills and they're suddenly Super Bowl favorites.

IMHO, and not taking anything away from Brady, but it's pretty obvious to me, that much, and could probably make the

claim that most of Brady's success had as much to do with not being able to lay a finger on him for most of his career,

then him being THAT good. The real test of his greatness will come when he doesn't have that strong of an offensive line

in front of him. We should find out soon enough. Everyone now understands pretty fullly that pressuring him is the way

to beat him.

I agree with pretty much agree with every reply. My point is, how does Kirwin arrive at those five questions and leave out things like, aging team, and defensive backs? Is the second string QB more important than fixing their secondary? How when discussing their RBs do you not mention what happened with Addai?

Ya I know what your saying although I like Pat Kirwin. Due to Flacoo being unable to play QB in the playoffs again the Ravens did not knock the Patriots out and if you don't knock them out then they get to go to the super bowl.

For every Corey Dillon there are 2 Haynesworth's but no one seems to mention how especially lately Bill has missed on a lot of free agents - but if you still win despite a woops on Chad Johnson or Deion Branch part II or even drafted poorly then there isn't much to say. You just keep waiting for all that to finally kill them. They brought in Branch, now added Gafney, Stallworth and Brandon Lloyd all 31 or older but they have the double tightends to make up for it. Light retires and looks like Waters will do the same that should atleast be a concern for Brady and the fact you don't have a RB hoping Ridley might be something and this is on the good side of the ball. On Defense Jeff Fanene, and Buffalo's own Trevor Scott at DE that's terrible but the defensive tackles of Wilfolk, Warren, Brace and Love is very tough. Anderson's departure kills them. Corners have been the biggest problem had to go get Will Allen ?? Didn't know I would be doing a NE forecast but the more I look the more I see problems for Patriots. Brady has covered a lot of these problems for the last 3-4 years can he cover more problems I think it's too much. The only thing helping them is their schedule is not set up to bad they are still a 10 win team maybe 11 then again could be 9.

All good points. But they Still Got Brady, and that makes them dangerous until proven otherwise...

Lets see how fackin' awesome taw-me is when he's lookin' outta his fackin' eha hole...

That's actually a pretty darn good representation.

The Pats are the top team until we manhandle them for a decade.

Yes, we have to manhandle them for a decade even though our coach, their coach, our GM, their GM, our players, and their players will all be different than they are now.

Excellent point that if we sweep them this year to go 3-1 in our last 4 meetings, that it is meaningless.

And you can probably put them down for at least 11 wins <_<

That's because they pay off the refs, and cheat when they can't.