And now from Patriots Camp

No doubt Belicheck and the Pats are afforded the benefit of the doubt by analysts when it comes time to analyze their personnel and roster. And it should be the case as the Pats have demonstrably shown a consistency in filling weaknesses and holes either via the draft or through free agency. Look no further than last year as an example. They grabbed Brian Waters to play OG for them and he ended up in the pro bowl after playing stellar. And, be honest now ...... at the beginning of last year did anyone think that free agents Andre Carter and Mark Anderson would give the Pats 20 sacks between them?

The Pats just stick guys into their lineup and they seemingly perform. That's why they win as much as they do.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you sniffing? Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Sebastion Vollmer, Jerod Mayo, Stephen Gostkowski, Brandon Meriweather, Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, Logan Mankins, Nick Kaczur, Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Matt Light? You're telling me they don't draft well?

They don't hit on every single drafts but they draft pretty well which is why they're freaking in the playoffs every year. Makes me VOMIT. I don't know about Jones but I think Hightower was a solid pick and putting him next to Mayo is a pretty scary LB duo.

Look at their recent drafts--other than the two TE's and perhaps Mayo (although I think he's overrated--doesn't make enough big plays), they've been nothing to write home about lately. Look at your own list and how far back it goes. Nearly 10 years or more in many cases, back when Pioli and Dimitroff ran things, neither of whom is there now and their drafts lately have suffered as a consequence. I also have a problem with including guys like McCourty (wretched sophomore season), Vollmer (what has he really done but get injured?) and Merriweather (flat out stinks)--it shows how far you're reaching....

Look at their recent drafts--other than the two TE's and perhaps Mayo (although I think he's overrated--doesn't make enough big plays), they've been nothing to write home about lately. Look at your own list and how far back it goes. Nearly 10 years or more in many cases, back when Pioli and Dimitroff ran things, neither of whom is there now and their drafts lately have suffered as a consequence. I also have a problem with including guys like McCourty (wretched sophomore season), Vollmer (what has he really done but get injured?) and Merriweather (flat out stinks)--it shows how far you're reaching....

The argument against the Pats personnel moves (both draft and FA) is VERY bizarre given that they consistently win football games. If they sucked acquiring football players then it would follow that they would suck when it comes time to win games, no?

Looking at their last 3 draft classes (dating back to '09) I count 18 players who are on, or expected to be on, the '12 53 man roster.

Solder, Dowling, Vereen, Ridley, Mallett, Cannon, McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Mesko, Deaderick, Chung, Brace, Vollmer, Pryor and Edelman.

Then add "other" additions such as Woodhead, Arrington, Slater, Hoyer, Ninkovich, Love, Connoly, Wendell, Moore and you are talking another 8 or so players, totaling 1/2 of the 53 man roster. Toss in what looks like an impressive draft haul this past April, as well as some key free agents of late, and you are looking at close to 2/3rd's of the current team in terms of recent player acquisitions to the roster .... a roster that many expect to be good enough to be a SB favourite this year.

Edited by Pneumonic