Requesting Prayers for a friend.

I woke up today to a Facebook post from a former teacher at McQuaid Jesuit in Rochester announcing that a former classmate of mine was killed yesterday while giving medical aid to another soldier. He was 23 years old and just married in May. Out of a class of 153 students, we have lost another young man far to young. He was a great kid and always a good friend to me. Just in shock today :cry:

Edit: heres the story about him http://rochester.ynn.com/content/593205/local-soldier-killed-while-serving-in-afghanistan/

Edited by Captain Hindsight

Sorry for your loss. Prayers to Matt's family.

No matter the view on the war and our country's role in the world -- our soldiers face tremendous danger from an unorthodox and fervent enemy every day. I feel a great sense of indebtedness to our soldiers every day.

CH--if Matt was a Bills fan I am sure the team would do something to honor him at his funeral -- the Bills seem to be very supportive of Western New Yorkers who serve. The Jersey unveiling last year using soldiers injured in battle was just the latest demonstration. Its so tragic that I feel the team would want to recognize Matt, his new bride and their family.

Edited by JoeF