Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

President Obama continues to hold a clear lead over Mitt Romney in Virginia, a new Washington Post polls shows, buoyed by enthusiastic support rivaling what he marshaled in 2008 to snap the Democrats' 44-year losing streak in the state.

Likely voters in the Commonwealth favor Obama 52 to 44 percent. Among all voters, the president is up 50 to 43 percent, identical to his margin in a survey in early May.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

The problem with that is that, for the Washington Post, Virginia basically starts at Arlington and ends at Manassas.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

President Obama continues to hold a clear lead over Mitt Romney in Virginia, a new Washington Post polls shows, buoyed by enthusiastic support rivaling what he marshaled in 2008 to snap the Democrats' 44-year losing streak in the state.

Likely voters in the Commonwealth favor Obama 52 to 44 percent. Among all voters, the president is up 50 to 43 percent, identical to his margin in a survey in early May.

http://news.yahoo.co...--election.html

Attention: this idiot is feeding you a garbage, hugely liberal-biased propaganda poll...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/polling/obama-leads-romney-virginia-washington-post/2012/09/18/fc0bc590-01ad-11e2-bbf0-e33b4ee2f0e8_page.html

Let's look at that last question shall we?...

Q: Generally speaking, do you usually think of yourself as a...

Democrat 32%

Republican 24%

Independent 35%

No Pref./Other 5%

Don't know 4%

That's an 8 point oversampling of D over R in a poll Obama wins by 8 points. So The Washington Post is exposed yet again as a shill organization and you look like a fool.

Attention: this idiot is feeding you a garbage, hugely liberal-biased propaganda poll...

http://www.washingto...2f0e8_page.html

Democrat 32%

Republican 24%

Independent 35%

No Pref./Other 5%

Don't know 4%

That's an 8 point oversampling of D over R in a poll Obama wins by 8 points. So The Washington Post is exposed yet again as a shill organization and you look like a fool.

That's not the half of it. In order to insure that they had truly "Independents" expressing their preference, they polled the editorial board of the Washington Post, everyone who of course claimed their neutrality.

That's not the half of it. In order to insure that they had truly "Independents" expressing their preference, they polled the editorial board of the Washington Post, everyone who of course claimed their neutrality.

This CBS/NYT poll had Dems oversampled by 13 freaking points!...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/16/cbs-obama-leads-in-d-13-poll?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BigGovernment+%28Big+Government%29&utm_content=FaceBook

"Anyone following the presidential campaign through the prism of media polls is doing themselves a serious disservice. Virtually every one uses a polling sample that is so heavily-skewed towards Democrats that it distorts the actual state of the campaign"

The great thing is that the new media is here to knock down any and all of the propaganda efforts to reelect the "empty seat". Seems the MSM "press" has no idea that they've rendered themselves irrelevant. Hope it was worth it to them.

http://www.washingto...2f0e8_page.html

Democrat 32%

Republican 24%

Independent 35%

No Pref./Other 5%

Don't know 4%

E

It's not "oversampling" if it accurately reflects the demographics of the region.

E

It's not "oversampling" if it accurately reflects the demographics of the region.

It's not oversampling if people self identify as Dems more than Reps.

Oversampling is the buzzword of the last month. Apparently, it disproves all the polls that show things are swinging strongly in favor of Obama.

It's not oversampling if people self identify as Dems more than Reps.

Oversampling is the buzzword of the last month. Apparently, it disproves all the polls that show things are swinging strongly in favor of Obama.

Except that they don't identify as dems more, and certainly not by 13 points (other than DC and California)

Yes its important to match up the self-identification with the correct percentage for that particular area (usually a state)

but the new media has shown that this is NOT being done. The polls are weighted more for dems than those who identify as dems. It Is oversampling.....

As to your laughable "swinging strongly in favor of Obama" J.A.

you have to get out more, that is not the case (while it is the slant being pushed)

Democrats do outnumber Republicans nationally, so there is almost always going to be some gap.

And I want the secret inside info that B-Man has that has Romney so close to victory! LMAO

Ummm.... No. Dem's do not outnumber Republicans. Prove me wrong.

E

Are you kidding me? So it's accurate to say democrats hold an approximate 8 point advantage over republicans in Virginia? A state which elected their republican governor by 17 points? A state in which gallop (left leaning) says democrats hold only a 1 point advantage?

If you live in DC and work for the government, you should know that Virginia is a true swing state. Why were you trying to infer that this dishonest poll was being honest? Your credibility is on the line here. What are the D/I/R demographics of Virginia in your opinion?

Edited by 1billsfan

Except that they don't identify as dems more, and certainly not by 13 points (other than DC and California)

Yes its important to match up the self-identification with the correct percentage for that particular area (usually a state)

but the new media has shown that this is NOT being done. The polls are weighted more for dems than those who identify as dems. It Is oversampling.....

As to your laughable "swinging strongly in favor of Obama" J.A.

you have to get out more, that is not the case (while it is the slant being pushed)

Well, go to realclearpolitics electoral map and tell me what swing states will go to Romney to get him to 270. Every time I issue this challenge, the Romney optimists go dumb.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

I want Romney to win but I don't see how he has a snowball's chance in hell. Obama's electoral strategy map is so easy.

Are you kidding me? So it's accurate to say democrats hold an approximate 8 point advantage over republicans in Virginia? A state which elected their republican governor by 17 points? A state in which gallop (left leaning) says democrats hold only a 1 point advantage?

If you live in DC and work for the government, you should know that Virginia is a true swing state. Why were you trying to infer that this dishonest poll was being honest? Your credibility is on the line here. What are the D/I/R demographics of Virginia in your opinion?

Obama won VA by 6% in 2008.

Edited by John Adams

Like Rasmussen isn't biased in any way? Have they ever reported Romney behind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Reports

Criticism - Nate Silver

After the 2010 midterm elections, Silver concluded that Rasmussen's polls were the least accurate of the major pollsters in 2010, having an average error of 5.8 points and a pro-Republican bias of 3.9 points according to Silver's model. He singled out as an example the Hawaii Senate race, in which Rasmussen, in a poll completed three weeks before the election, showed incumbent Daniel Inouye only 13 points ahead, whereas in actuality he won by a 53% margin – a difference of 40 points from Rasmussen's poll, or "the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998

Salon, DailyKos, media matters

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/03/30/independent-pollster-scott-rasmussen-headlines/186270

A June 2010 Washington Post article quoted "John Zogby, the pollster whose publicity-seeking business model is considered a forebear of Rasmussen's," stating: "[Rasmussen] has got a conservative constituency, he has Fox News and the Washington Times and Drudge. ... The conservative result is the one that is going to get a huge level of coverage."

Rasmussen, as indicated by his multimedia page, is a frequent guest on Fox News. He is scheduled to once again speak on a cruise to benefit conservative National Review following the November elections.

http://news.yahoo.com/poll-obama-job-approval-rising-race-still-tight-070314606--election.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans are feeling markedly better about the country's future and about Barack Obama's job performance, but the president's re-election race against Republican Mitt Romney remains a neck-and-neck proposition as Election Day creeps ever closer, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

Buoyed by good mojo coming out of last month's national political conventions, Obama's approval rating is back above 50 percent for the first time since May, and the share of Americans who think the country is moving in the right direction is at its highest level since just after the death of Osama bin Laden in May 2011.

Romney, his campaign knocked off-stride in recent weeks, has lost his pre-convention edge on the top issue of the campaign — the economy.

New NBC/WSJ Poll out today that has Obama ahead 50-45 for likely voters. Also, Obama is now tied with Romney regarding the question of who can handle the economy better.

http://firstread.nbc..._utmk=226300318

B-man, explain this!!!

LOL................you know the answer , but you don't want to face it.

4-5 months ago, I wrote on this board that; today's media polling is not done to show a "snapshot " of where we are, but to INFLUENCE the readers.

It has been shown multiple times on this board, and throughout the net, that the way these polls have been conducted has been questionable (at best)

But, feel free to accept some and reject others.

Let me tell you what is going to happen, as we enter November all the polls will speak of; "some last minute (anti-incumbent) movement towards Romney

This way, they can go to the "its too close to call" mode and try and save face.

Either way, I still think that Gov. Romney is going to win, for the very same reason that Mr. Obama won in 2008. Americans were tired of Bush, and in four years Mr. Obama has already turned off the independent/swing voters.

And yet the R's still cling to and praise Rasmussen's poll favoring Mitt

Americans are tired of the LIES both sides are telling. The age old saying

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know - It is better to deal with something bad you know than with something new you don't; the new thing might be even worse

Just like Bush 2004

Well, go to realclearpolitics electoral map and tell me what swing states will go to Romney to get him to 270. Every time I issue this challenge, the Romney optimists go dumb.

http://www.realclear...ollege_map.html

I want Romney to win but I don't see how he has a snowball's chance in hell. Obama's electoral strategy map is so easy.

C'mon B-Man. Stop arguing that polls are wrong and take a stab at this map.

Even Rasmussen has Obama ahead in Florida, which Romney 100% cannot afford to lose. If he loses Florida, it is over. Seriously. Lights out...Obama wins in a landslide.

C'mon B-Man. Stop arguing that polls are wrong and take a stab at this map.

Even Rasmussen has Obama ahead in Florida, which Romney 100% cannot afford to lose. If he loses Florida, it is over. Seriously. Lights out...Obama wins in a landslide.

I'd be happy to Mr. A......................(I was going to along with my other reply, but I have a morning meeting to run 8:45 - 9:30)

Well, I guess that we should establish right away, that I am going to name a few swing states that Mr. Romney is behind in (when you average all the questionable polls) that I think he is going to win. You tone has already determined that you believe he cannot come back in these. So this might be futile.....lol

First off, the independents and seniors in Florida will carry the state for Romney.

I wish I could believe Pa. would smarten up, but the Philly machine is too much

Suffice to say that I think momentum will pull Romney victories in Ohio, NC, Iowa, NV, Wi,

and my "upset special" (football reference) is Michigan

blast away...........................lol