Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

Highly paid union employees? You mean highly paid military contractors and lobbyists?

Okay, so highly paid union employees and contractors (there's plenty of contractors employed agencies outside the DoD). And the lobbyists aren't there because of the growth of government, growth of government is here because of the lobbyists

Edited by /dev/null

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so highly paid union employees and contractors (there's plenty of contractors employed agencies outside the DoD). And the lobbyists aren't there because of the growth of government, growth of government is here because of the lobbyists

http://en.wikipedia....nt_and_politics

Loudoun County, Virginia. The richest county in the nation measured by median income. Home to Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman the #1 and #2 military contractors in the country. Republican mecca

http://en.wikipedia....irfax,_Virginia

Neighboring Fairfax, a close second in terms of wealth...home to General Dynamics...another top military contractor

Edited by TheNewBills

Update on Latest Polls:

Wash Post/ABC National: Obama +1

Gallup National: Obama +6

CNN National: Obama +6

Rasmussen National: Obama +3

Survey USA Florida: Obama +4

PPP Ohio: Obama +5

Gravis Marketing Ohio: Obama +4

Just reminding you guys what the race actually looks like...

Edited by fjl2nd

Update on Latest Polls:

Wash Post/ABC National: Obama +1

Gallup National: Obama +6

CNN National: Obama +6

Rasmussen National: Obama +3

Survey USA Florida: Obama +4

PPP Ohio: Obama +5

Gravis Marketing Ohio: Obama +4

Just reminding you guys what the race actually looks like...

The race is far from over.

Loudoun County, Virginia. The richest county in the nation measured by median income. Home to Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman the #1 and #2 military contractors in the country. Republican mecca

Neighboring Fairfax, a close second in terms of wealth...home to General Dynamics...another top military contractor

Not sure if you live in or near Loudon County...but I do.

I'm also not sure if you're saying that Loudon is a Republican mecca because of the big contractors or because you feel that culturally, Loudon is conservative.

I just wanted to let you know that Loudon is a very left leaning county. I don't know what their voting percentage was in 2008, but I do know that they have trended left for the last 15 - 20 years and are now quite a culturally progressive county. Fairfax is DC light so they are super liberal. Much of the Fairfax crowd who rented condos in Herndon when they graduated from school are buying homes in Ashburn, Lansdowne, and Purcellville.

I too live in LC.

Republican mecca? Where did you get that from? Loudoun County, Virginia may have it's southern roots, but LC will vote mostly Democratic.

You forgot these Federal Government Contractors

Raytheon

Orbital Sciences Corp.

Telos Corporation

Science Applications International Corp.

Harris Corporation

Niitek

CACI Inc. Federal

Prototype Productions

Intelligent Decisions Inc.

Raytheon recently moved in where MCI moved out, which is adjacent to AOL and Orbital Sciences just north of the airport.

-------

As to the polls. They will only believe Consevativly biased polls.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

As the Federal Government has grown so has the DC Metro area. But highly paid union employees don't want to live in a gang infested ghetto like DC so they move to the suburbs in Northern Virginia

I'm guessing that you've never been on the cobblestone corners of Georgetown or on the DC side of Chevy Chase or Friendship Heights or anywhere else in NW DC.

Plus, most of the contractors move to Montgomery County, Maryland (Bethesda, Potomac, White Flint, Rockville, MD side of Chevy Chase). The Maryland side is more metro accessible. Fairfax County has fought tooth and nail to keep the metro restricted to areas in and around RT. 66 because they don't want darker colored folks from SE DC to have easy access to Tysons I and II (malls).

All the IT people and contract recruiters live in NoVA.

I'm guessing that you've never been on the cobblestone corners of Georgetown or on the DC side of Chevy Chase or Friendship Heights or anywhere else in NW DC.

Plus, most of the contractors move to Montgomery County, Maryland (Bethesda, Potomac, White Flint, Rockville, MD side of Chevy Chase). The Maryland side is more metro accessible. Fairfax County has fought tooth and nail to keep the metro restricted to areas in and around RT. 66 because they don't want darker colored folks from SE DC to have easy access to Tysons I and II (malls).

All the IT people and contract recruiters live in NoVA.

You are trying to talk to the deaf.

It's akin to many rural southerners saying to me y'all have cows in NY!! All they know of is the big apple and very little else.

By the numbers, Loudoun is one of the most Republican counties in N. Virginia.

I'm not doubting your metrics (even though I just checked and Loudon County went for Obama in 2008). I just know that there is a big difference between driving on Rt. 7 or Rt. 28 in Loudon County (Obama bumper stickers everywhere) and being in Richmond, VA.

The culture in Loudon is very progressive and shifting more and more in that direction. Also, as Fairfax County gets more and more over-developed, I'd expect that trend to continue. NoVA almost single-handedly put Virigina in blue for the Dems last election.

Also, if MD tax rates continue to increase, I expect those many, many millionaires to flee Montgomery County, MD and into Loudon County.

I'm not doubting your metrics (even though I just checked and Loudon County went for Obama in 2008). I just know that there is a big difference between driving on Rt. 7 or Rt. 28 in Loudon County (Obama bumper stickers everywhere) and being in Richmond, VA.

The culture in Loudon is very progressive and shifting more and more in that direction. Also, as Fairfax County gets more and more over-developed, I'd expect that trend to continue. NoVA almost single-handedly put Virigina in blue for the Dems last election.

Also, if MD tax rates continue to increase, I expect those many, many millionaires to flee Montgomery County, MD and into Loudon County.

Everywhere went Obama in '08....Loudoun was back to Red by '10. I'm not saying it's Richmond..flying confederate flags and whatnot...I'm saying it's very Republican....not very redneck...gay marriage probably less of an issue than say...cutting the military budget....

Edited by TheNewBills

By the numbers, Loudoun is one of the most Republican counties in N. Virginia.

what he said

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-says-loudoun-county-is-key-to-2012-chances/2012/08/02/gJQA3Bj9SX_story.html

“We won Loudoun last time; if we win Loudoun this time, we’ll win Virginia,” Obama said, speaking to supporters from a stage set just in front of the brick school building with the large white Greek columns. “And if we win Virginia, we’ll win the election.”

Juror#8, on 12 September 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

Something you need to read - How to Lie with Statistics

http://en.wikiquote....with_Statistics

Now - please provide a link to support your argument

Mitt Romney can't win this election without Florida. Take a look at this map:

http://www.270towin....s.php?mapid=yqz

Obama could lose Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, and Nevada and STILL WIN 270-268.

Recent polls have Obama +4 in Florida...

Obama's map is more strategy-friendly....if nothing else. The 08 race helped him in that he encroached upon traditionally republican states that now Romney has to defend and he gave himself a cushion in states that were traditionally battleground areas (PA).

He is probably working a two or three state strategy. I would love to know the internal poll numbers coming out of each camp.

what he said

http://www.washingto...j9SX_story.html

“We won Loudoun last time; if we win Loudoun this time, we’ll win Virginia,” Obama said, speaking to supporters from a stage set just in front of the brick school building with the large white Greek columns. “And if we win Virginia, we’ll win the election.”

Something you need to read - How to Lie with Statistics

http://en.wikiquote....with_Statistics

Now - please provide a link to support your argument

Is that real or a spoof Wiki entry?

Republican or Democrat, political polling is a scam.

Miraculously just before the election everything everywhere is 50-50.

EXACTLY

Just for fun when I get the robo calls al I do is press random numbers

I refuse to give them an honest answer.

------------------- from Yahoo News -

AMES, Iowa (AP) — A Republican appointed to the Electoral College, Melinda Wadsley was expected to cast her vote for Mitt Romney if he won the state of Iowa in the presidential election.

Wadsley decided Thursday she couldn't in good conscience vote for Romney — she had backed Ron Paul during the GOP primary — and resigned to allow the Iowa GOP to choose someone else for that duty.

"I have always been a straight-ticket Republican, and for the first time in my life I am an undecided voter, therefore, I need to resign my position as a Republican presidential elector," Wadsley said in an email exchange with The Associated Press.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY

Just for fun when I get the robo calls al I do is press random numbers

I refuse to give them an honest answer.

------------------- from Yahoo News -

AMES, Iowa (AP) — A Republican appointed to the Electoral College, Melinda Wadsley was expected to cast her vote for Mitt Romney if he won the state of Iowa in the presidential election.

Wadsley decided Thursday she couldn't in good conscience vote for Romney — she had backed Ron Paul during the GOP primary — and resigned to allow the Iowa GOP to choose someone else for that duty.

"I have always been a straight-ticket Republican, and for the first time in my life I am an undecided voter, therefore, I need to resign my position as a Republican presidential elector," Wadsley said in an email exchange with The Associated Press.

WOW!!!!!!!!!

If Melinda Wadsley was on PPP, she'd be considered an Obama supporter. Because we ALLLLL know that if you don't like Romney, you must secretly be for Obama.

If Melinda Wadsley was on PPP, she'd be considered an Obama supporter. Because we ALLLLL know that if you don't like Romney, you must secretly be for Obama.

conversely, if you don't support the President's reelection, you must be a Romney guy...