Mitt's Olympic Comments

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a political bobble. He screwed up and has apologized. The media pounced on it and Mitt will hear about it for the next 3 months, but it's not that big of a deal, nor is it a big deal that maybe Obama bowed. Political mishaps happen.

What's a bigger deal to me is that Mitt has gotten derailed lately. He let himself get bogged down in the Bain talk. He had(has) trouble shaking off the tax returns baloney. It's all crap but he's losing by engaging on it. And he's losing by not hammering on the details of his economic plans. He has them outlined well on his website--he should keep pounding that stuff home.

Gun control, gay marriage, tax returns, what his role was at Bain when he was off at the Olympics, and the list goes on...do not help him. I'd say that for the last several weeks of news cycles, Obama is controlling the election tempo.

I disagree. I expect that he'll start rolling out statements about what he'd do right before the convention. The President gave him a big softball with the 'you didn't build that.' No point in returning the favor this far before the election.

If we're into September and Romney is still only pointing out flaws with current policy and not highlighting any of his own, then he'll be messing up. While it would be good to have him talking now about what he'd do from a voter's standpoint, the President would love it so he can point out the 'see, he wants to take your ___ away' and then run the video in context.

Mittens first overseas visit as the presumptive nominee, and he's already labeled by the Brits as The American Borat. I wonder if Governor Mitt applauded the tribute to the British National Health System, or candidate Mitt booed it. Did candidate Mitt speak about saving the Utah Olympics, or did Olympic Mitt mention that it took hundreds of millions in federal bailout money to save the Utah Olympics?

I cringe at the thought that he's visiting Poland. Will he try to break the ice with a Polish joke he heard at his country club?

You know what's really disconcerting? (Which is all Gov. Romney said despite what the lemmings believe)

This is:

Disconcerting” is giving into blatant hate and bigotry.

Times of Israel:

The Lebanese judo team at the 2012 London Olympics refused to practice next to the Israeli one on Friday afternoon, and a makeshift barrier was erected to split their gym into two halves.

According to several Hebrew sports sites, the two teams were scheduled to use the same gym and mats at London’s new ExCeL center for their final preparations. However, the delegation from Lebanon would not train in view of the Israeli team, and insisted some sort of barrier be placed between them.

Organizers accepted the Lebanese coach’s demand to separate the teams, erecting a barrier so that the Lebanese team wouldn’t see the Israeli one.

If the Lebanese don’t want to practice next to the Israelis send them home. Why enable their hate by giving in to their demands? Talk about a gaffe: the IOC and London Olympic organizers have managed to spit in the face of the Olympic ideal, give in to haters, and insult the Israelis — all in one afternoon. Makes Mitt Romney look like the soul of discretion.

Mittens first overseas visit as the presumptive nominee, and he's already labeled by the Brits as The American Borat. I wonder if Governor Mitt applauded the tribute to the British National Health System, or candidate Mitt booed it. Did candidate Mitt speak about saving the Utah Olympics, or did Olympic Mitt mention that it took hundreds of millions in federal bailout money to save the Utah Olympics?

I cringe at the thought that he's visiting Poland. Will he try to break the ice with a Polish joke he heard at his country club?

I would have thought, after four years of your guy in office, that you'd be less bitter.

I would have thought, after four years of your guy in office, that you'd be less bitter.

I suspect this is probably where he starts explaining how he predicted the amateurish nature and Keystone Cop-like operation of the Obama administration before reminding everyone he really wanted Hillary.

The cool thing about being a progressive is the amazing ability to always have things be someone else's fault. It's not that he's wrong. He's just misunderstood.

You know what's really disconcerting? (Which is all Gov. Romney said despite what the lemmings believe)

This is:

If the Lebanese don’t want to practice next to the Israelis send them home. Why enable their hate by giving in to their demands? Talk about a gaffe: the IOC and London Olympic organizers have managed to spit in the face of the Olympic ideal, give in to haters, and insult the Israelis — all in one afternoon. Makes Mitt Romney look like the soul of discretion.

Just don't make Nile mosquito jokes.

Just don't make Nile mosquito jokes.

You think that's funny, man? I was in a SC and ordered Chesapeake crabs. The waiter, who knew we were from VA joked that it'd be like home cooking for us. Do you have any idea what that felt like? It was like I wasn't even a real person. If I could I'd take away a once in a lifetime dream he's worked & sacrificed for years to achieve. It's only fair.

When the mayor of London calls you out. You probably stepped in it with a comment.

Boris

Don't worry your pointy little head. Our President BO will hop right over there, bow to the Queen and apologize profusely.

And now that they've resorted to giving away tickets to the military and students they will probably have a lot more fannies in the seats the their venues. What's the fuss?

Don't worry your pointy little head. Our President BO will hop right over there, bow to the Queen and apologize profusely.

And now that they've resorted to giving away tickets to the military and students they will probably have a lot more fannies in the seats the their venues. What's the fuss?

Not worried about it at all. Keep stepping in it Mitt. Can't wait to see how he screws up in Israel.

Not worried about it at all. Keep stepping in it Mitt. Can't wait to see how he screws up in Israel.

Unlike the Obama plan, which is to avoid screwing up in Israel by, y'know, never going there while President.

But you keep waiting for someone to kill Mitt.

Edited by LABillzFan

Unlike the Obama plan, which is to avoid screwing up in Israel by, y'know, never going there while President.

But you keep waiting for someone to kill Mitt.

That's a good avatar for you. Just a crying whining baby like yourself. I always wanted my own stalker so thanks for taking on that role. Do you want my twitter account info to follow as well?

That's a good avatar for you. Just a crying whining baby like yourself. I always wanted my own stalker so thanks for taking on that role. Do you want my twitter account info to follow as well?

Hey, it's okay man. I hope somebody shoots Romney before the election, too.

Crap, Romney lost the English vote.

He could, say, not visit there in the past 4 years.

Watch out DC, that kind of talk can get you a stalker around here.

So, you're not happy just wanting Romney killed but want to recruit others in this effort? I never viewed San Diego as a hotbed of anarchy, but maybe you have helped shine the spotlight on that city that is ripe for revolution.

So, you're not happy just wanting Romney killed but want to recruit others in this effort? I never viewed San Diego as a hotbed of anarchy, but maybe you have helped shine the spotlight on that city that is ripe for revolution.

Come join us in the revolution.