Mitt's Olympic Comments

Wow, the press it out of control...... This could not be any more of a non story....

"it remans to be seen of the people will pull together in the spirit of the games"

He is getting reamed for that..... They said public transport and custom officials were going to strike, and that the security firm hired did not have enough staff.... And Mitt highlights security concerns....

Wow- I am no Romney lap-boy, but cut the friggin guy some slack....

I cant stand the Media.... And the Al Sharpton program on MSNBC is !@#$ing embarassing.... Embarassing.... I see it at the gym on the treadmill, god is it terrible...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the press it out of control...... This could not be any more of a non story....

"it remans to be seen of the people will pull together in the spirit of the games"

He is getting reamed for that..... They said public transport and custom officials were going to strike, and that the security firm hired did not have enough staff.... And Mitt highlights security concerns....

I cant stand the Media.... And the Al Sharpton program on MSNBC is !@#$ing embarassing.... Embarassing.... I see it at the gym on the treadmill, god is it terrible...

If that's enough for him to get an ass reaming, it has to be a slow news week. That comment isn't even news worthy.

Gee Liberal media bias?

the brits are allowed to criticize their own olympics. outsiders and interlopers...not so much and not welcome. cameron with a great reply: 'it easy to run an olympics in the middle of nowhere".

Cameron didn't run the Olympics. He had help.

This isn't out of line with what people asked and commented about for the 2002 Olympics.

Since this is an event that has attracted acts of terror in the past, there's always little things at a number of Games, the stars have only aligned at the last minute. A strike when the Olympics are a day away? How is it a gross insult or gaffe to say that things have to get sorted out and encourage the people working the events to pull together, get it done and make Britain proud rather than grumble at this inopportune time as a means of leverage?

Cameron didn't run the Olympics. He had help.

As I've read it, Cameron has next to nothing to do with the Games. Sebastian Coe and the London mayor have been the chairs of the organizing.

It was a politically clumsy statement to make, and showed a complete utter lack of awareness, anyone should know that you don't go to someone's home turf, specially right before the Olympics and infer culpability, incompetence and lack of national pride.

Having said that, their press and the London mayor may have taken it a bit too far, but it certainly was an unforced error.

It was a politically clumsy statement to make, and showed a complete utter lack of awareness, anyone should know that you don't go to someone's home turf, specially right before the Olympics and infer culpability, incompetence and lack of national pride.

Having said that, their press and the London mayor may have taken it a bit too far, but it certainly was an unforced error.

As above, plenty of people did the same at the Salt Lake City games, given the fraud/graft, delays before Romney was called to take over and rest assured that so soon after 9/11 security concerns were in everyone's primary thoughts and questions.

But that's somehow different. Huh?

As above, plenty of people did the same at the Salt Lake City games, given the fraud/graft, delays before Romney was called to take over and rest assured that so soon after 9/11 security concerns were in everyone's primary thoughts and questions.

But that's somehow different. Huh?

Yeah, it's different.

Our media doesn't eat their own young for breakfast.

Fair enough.

We know that Mitt's diplomatic skills are pretty bad... Worse than Obama's.

We "know" that? How do we know that?

I just read the BBC's write-up of Mitt's comments...first thing that came to mind was the old saw about the Americans and English being two people separated by a common language.