Bills cut DT Lionel Dotson sign DE Sean Ferguson

Dotson looked ok in his limited exposure last year.

But after that Nix interview, about rebuilding the team...I gotta billieve that Ferguson is an improvement over Dotson and injuries were not that big of a factor.

What is most interesting about this signing, is that Ferguson is the exact same type of DE as Robert Eddins.

Both players are 6'3" and under 250 lbs. and Eddins made the final roster last season.

Is there something that Gailey likes about these somewhat undersized DE's?

What is most interesting about this signing, is that Ferguson is the exact same type of DE as Robert Eddins.

Both players are 6'3" and under 250 lbs. and Eddins made the final roster last season.

Yes , what a surprise he cut Maybin :rolleyes:

Dick Jauron told him that small DEs was the wave of the future.

I'm hoping we sign Jim Leonhard in the next few days.

At the very worst, he gets released before the season starts.

At the very best, we sign a starting-capable safety with a special teams mentality and inside info on our Week One opponent.

We could just put cameras in the locker room but for some reason that's frowned upon in the NFL so the next thing we could do is kidnap a player or sign him with no guaranteed money. :pirate:

Dotson looked ok in his limited exposure last year.

But after that Nix interview, about rebuilding the team...I gotta billieve that Ferguson is an improvement over Dotson and injuries were not that big of a factor.

the article did make mention of a non football related injury that held him out of all the ota's and minicamp. so missing out on valueable info and time with the new defensive coachand his new defensive scheme, as well as injuring himself in a non football capacity kinda put him way behind the 8 ball to begin.

I'm hoping we sign Jim Leonhard in the next few days.

At the very worst, he gets released before the season starts.

At the very best, we sign a starting-capable safety with a special teams mentality and inside info on our Week One opponent.

Leonhard ripped up his knee pretty severely. Not sure he'll be ready in time to make a squad this year other than the J-E-S-T-S.