This is why I dont go to the movies anymore

People are crazy. It's just not worth going to a theatre anymore and being affected by this crap. My HD tv and surround sound is just fine for watching a movie and its a lot cheaper as well.

Article

So you don't go to movies because you're afraid people are going to show up with assault weapons? Paranoid much?

I don't go to movies anymore because they suck.

People are crazy. It's just not worth going to a theatre anymore and being affected by this crap. My HD tv and surround sound is just fine for watching a movie and its a lot cheaper as well.

Article

did you go to the movies before this? will this effect other choices to go out in public? will you also avoid apartment buildings because of him?

i have a great deal of curiousity on this one.

So you don't go to movies because you're afraid people are going to show up with assault weapons? Paranoid much?

I don't go to movies anymore because they suck.

Not because I'm afraid of people with assault weapons so much but because people are stupid and annoying and interfere with my movie experience. That article just had some good examples. A guy shows up with a back pack and they harass and search the guy. Who needs the aggravation, the expensive snacks, chatty people talking during the movie, the list goes on. And did someone piss in your croissant this morning?

Not because I'm afraid of people with assault weapons so much but because people are stupid and annoying and interfere with my movie experience. That article just had some good examples. A guy shows up with a back pack and they harass and search the guy. Who needs the aggravation, the expensive snacks, chatty people talking during the movie, the list goes on. And did someone piss in your croissant this morning?

If by pissing in my croissant you mean was I bowled over by a really stupid thread title, then yeah.

I don't go to movies because people bring their screaming babies, talk on their cell phones, and talk to each other during the movie.

I don't go to the movies because I don't want to open a home equity loan if I or my date want some popcorn, a pop, or some Milk Duds

I don't go the movies because I don't like sitting in a uncomfortable chair for over an hour. I'd rather stretch out on my couch

I don't go to the movies because I don't want to plan my time to include having to stand in line. I'd rather stop at the big red kiosk and pick up what I want on my home from work and watch it when I feel like it. Or push a couple of buttons and wait a few seconds for it to buffer

I don't go to movies because if I have to pee I might miss something. I'd rather just hit pause.

I don't go to movies because I'm afraid I'll run into Joe_the_Sixpack. And after his meltdown on PPP, I don't want to run into JtSP :ph34r:

did you go to the movies before this? will this effect other choices to go out in public? will you also avoid apartment buildings because of him?

i have a great deal of curiousity on this one.

You guys have missed the intention of the thread. Just that movie theatres are becoming more and more intolerable because of stupid people.

i don't take baths anymore because of the whole bath salt craze...i'm afraid my calgon and mr. bubbles will creep up one of my orifices and turn me into a face eating zombie....

:lol:

Seriously dude, that made me laugh out loud. I'm gonna have to borrow that line sometime :thumbsup:

Its hard to understand why so many people missed the point of this topic. Despite the link to the article you chose for the "this is why I dont go to the movies anymore" thread, I knew you meant chatty people and expensive junior mints.

Yes maybe I didn't set the logic up as well as I could have, that article just added a few more reasons to the long list I had already. Although dev/null and Poojer seemed to get it!

Yes maybe I didn't set the logic up as well as I could have, that article just added a few more reasons to the long list I had already. Although dev/null and Poojer seemed to get it!

So the list goes

1. Crying babies

2. Expensive tickets

3. Lousy movies

4. People talking

5. Cell pones going off

6. Assualt weapons

:huh:

7. Fred Willard & Pee Wee Herman sitting behind me

7a. Sticky floors

8. the overwhelming smell of bleach and insense

9. I always run out of quarters too early

So the list goes

1. Crying babies

2. Expensive tickets

3. Lousy movies

4. People talking

5. Cell pones going off

6. Assualt weapons

:huh:

Fair enough. It sounds like you hated going to movies long before this week.

I rarely go to the movies anymore because I have a million interesting things to say throughout the course of the movie and apparently other theater goes frown upon a running commentary. :P

Edited by biglukes

I don't go to movies because people bring their screaming babies, talk on their cell phones, and talk to each other during the movie.

I don't go to the movies because I don't want to open a home equity loan if I or my date want some popcorn, a pop, or some Milk Duds

I don't go the movies because I don't like sitting in a uncomfortable chair for over an hour. I'd rather stretch out on my couch

I don't go to the movies because I don't want to plan my time to include having to stand in line. I'd rather stop at the big red kiosk and pick up what I want on my home from work and watch it when I feel like it. Or push a couple of buttons and wait a few seconds for it to buffer

I don't go to movies because if I have to pee I might miss something. I'd rather just hit pause.

I don't go to movies because I'm afraid I'll run into Joe_the_Sixpack. And after his meltdown on PPP, I don't want to run into JtSP :ph34r:

I don't go to movies because I'd rather die than get down on that nasty floor! :sick:

I'm kind of surprised a guy who rides a bike would be concerned about something like this. You know we run a much higher risk of eating it on the pavement than having a maniac attack us with a gun. Edit: just reread your post and I see you're not worried about that; I still thought this was worth mentioning just to give the faint of heart some perspective.

i don't take baths anymore because of the whole bath salt craze...i'm afraid my calgon and mr. bubbles will creep up one of my orifices and turn me into a face eating zombie....

I stopped when I found out soap was made from oil. If I can boycott big soap, big oil, and big water all at the same time I feel like I'm killing three birds with one stone.

My wife and I like to go to the movies, but we like to go after the movie has been out a long time, a lot less people in the theater, and also never when the theater is crazy busy. Laterst might be 6 ot 7 PM on a Friday. Even then, when the movie lets out, the lines look huge, and sometimes hostile. I know my wife went with her girl group on a busy night to that Magic Mike, the day before 4th of July, and at like 8:15. When the movie let out, there were cops there and fights were going on. Just do not feel like dealing with that.

My wife and I like to go to the movies, but we like to go after the movie has been out a long time, a lot less people in the theater, and also never when the theater is crazy busy. Laterst might be 6 ot 7 PM on a Friday. Even then, when the movie lets out, the lines look huge, and sometimes hostile. I know my wife went with her girl group on a busy night to that Magic Mike, the day before 4th of July, and at like 8:15. When the movie let out, there were cops there and fights were going on. Just do not feel like dealing with that.

I never heard of that movie. Why did your wife pick that one?