Travis Henry wants back in NFL

From Rotoworld:

According to TheSidelineView.com's Adam Caplan, free agent RB Travis Henry wants to return to the NFL.

Henry will be 34 in October and has been in federal prison for drug trafficking since 2009. He was also suspended by the NFL in 2008 for failing a drug test. It's really hard to see any team even kicking the tires here.

I'd almost forgotten about Travis....what a waste of natural ability. Of course, he's got so many kids, chances are at least one of them inherited a little, and maybe can make the most of it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Henry when we had him. He was a warrior who played hard despite injuries. Too bad he was also a drug user, drug distributor and serial father. It's hard to imagine any team having an interest in him now...

Travis Henry wants to make a comeback

Posted by Josh Alper on July 23, 2012, 10:16 AM EDT

Here’s something we didn’t think we’d be writing about on Monday morning.

According to Adam Caplan of Sirius XM Radio and TheSidelineView.com, former NFL running back Travis Henry is trying to make a comeback for the 2012 season. Henry was last seen when he received a three-year federal prison sentence for his role in a drug trafficking organization in 2009, a sentence that has now come to an end and one that apparently left Henry feeling like he could make a return to professional football.

It’s fair to wonder if Henry wasn’t using some of his own supply when he came up with that plan.

Henry turns 34 in October and has plenty of baggage that isn’t related to that prison term. Henry was suspended for a year by the league in 2008 because of positive marijuana tests and he fathered at least 11 children with 10 different women, leading to a lot of issues with child support payments during his playing career. Those needs haven’t gone away, which likely leaves Henry in need of money but, again, it is hard to see a team opting for Henry when younger backs who haven’t spent the last few years in prison are available.

Henry ran for 6,086 yards and 38 touchdowns during his seven years with the Bills, Titans and Broncos.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/travis-henry-wants-to-make-a-comeback/related/

He has 8 or 9 kids I believe. Child support is probably drained him dry. If he was smart, he would've had some of the drug money stashed somewhere only he could get it from.

He has 8 or 9 kids I believe. Child support is probably drained him dry. If he was smart, he would've had some of the drug money stashed somewhere only he could get it from.

His arm wasn't the only thing stiff when he played for Buffalo.

Yeah, Travis Henry, on the field, was one of the few bright spots during a really bad period of Bills football. It is kind of sad on a lot of levels. TO, the same thing... these guys just never seem to realize that their glory days are few in number. What they do off the field will have far greater implications for their lives than anything they do on the field.

11 kids 10 children...owes 4 million in fines to the government

So sick of these thugs who are gifted with God given physical abilities and behaive like they are still in the ghetto...

Not that is all that simple, but just having talent, and getting a payday for it, later in life doesn't all of the sudden make you smarter, or more responsible. In some cases, it only makes people more self destructive. Money doesn't buy wisdom.

From Rotoworld:

According to TheSidelineView.com's Adam Caplan, free agent RB Travis Henry wants to return to the NFL.

Henry will be 34 in October and has been in federal prison for drug trafficking since 2009. He was also suspended by the NFL in 2008 for failing a drug test. It's really hard to see any team even kicking the tires here.

I'd almost forgotten about Travis....what a waste of natural ability. Of course, he's got so many kids, chances are at least one of them inherited a little, and maybe can make the most of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: make more money selling drugs :devil: