What would you do if.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exact moment would be magical but I can see it following the same arc as when the Red Sox won their first WS a few years back. Once the excitement dies down it will be "now what?"

PTR

That's a high class problem I wouldn't mind us having....

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who'd be doing a Dick Vermeil impersonation--"cry" was honestly the first thing that came to my mind on seeing this question....

Not at all. I don't think I'd be able to help myself either. :cry:

I might just straight up faint too, which would at least stop the crying. :huh:

I might just do the same thing when I see Ralph hold the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Man. Just the thought of that image brings tears to my eyes.

If the Bills ever won the Super Bowl I would cry. Even more if my father is still alive and watching it with me.

It would be a moment in time that I would always remember and hold close to my heart

CBF

This is a conversation I've had many times with my Philadelphia born wife:

1. Cry because my dad didn't live to see it (he loved the Bills and unfortunately for most of his life they didn't do much except for those four semi-glorious years)

2. Get on the road to WNY for the parade

3. Run naked across one of the bridges here in Richmond, VA (no particular reason why - just told my wife I would when we lived in Philly during the SB years)

4. Promised my wife I'd stop watching football - figure I'd be able to start watching again in a couple of seasons5. Buy me a "Buffalo Bills - Super Bowl Champions" hat

For us married addicts, the bills sometimes causes arguments.

Im pretty sure my wife would eventually say, "Ok, they won, could we get on with our lives now???"

I would still be an addict. But maybe tone it down a little.

I'd have to shop for new pants!

And underwear, and air freshners right.

I'd be there in the stadium, and I'd be crying,

Lets just be honest being a Bills fan is a burden.

A Super Bowl win would validate the years of time and effort I have wasted, up to this point, on these losers. The franchise instantly becomes champions and all the fans that didn't jump ship and stayed the course through the many down times get to taste the sweet, sweet victory.

One Super Bowl win would blow away the dark cloud that seems to follow this team and City and uplift all of hearts and souls.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If the Bills were playing in the Super Bowl I would find a way to buy the Super Bowl Champions shirt ahead of time. During the game I would wear the Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champions shirt underneath my AFC champions shirt. And the second that the Bills won I would rip off the AFC champions shirt (Hulk Hogan style) to reveal the Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champions shirt. I would likely cry and jump around like crazy too, then proceed to get drunk and enjoy the **** out of it.

When you suffer so much and it finally turns around that's got to be the sweetest feeling.

I told God that I wanted the Bills to win at least one SB before I die so hopefully death wouldn't follow the VL trophy presentation. :thumbsup: It would be a mixed bag of emotions. Elated because my favorite team that, I watched fall apart on the biggest stage, finally accomplished the goal. Part of me would feel sad for those great teams that could never get it together. I would celebrate, I would reflect on years gone by, and I would watch all over again the next day because I DVR'd it. :D

I agree that I would be watching that Super Bowl over and over again. I live in New Jersey and when the Giants beat the Pats* in 2007 to prevent the undefeated season, my friends and their dads all watched that Super Bowl at least 5 or more times from start to finish either on NFL network replays or by DVD.

I would have to at least watch that game 10 times during that off-season.

I'd definitely get back to Buffalo for the victory celebration and parade. I'd try to go to the game if possible, but nothing would stop me from getting back right after. I'd get drunk and run around like a fool with everyone else. It would be madness.

The Central Jersey crew plan to be at the airport to welcome our boys home

Northern Jersey too I betcha....right Sid?

(thank God we both have sober wives)

i dont mean to single you out, but that middle section has always struck me odd. i know here in new orleans it was a big rebuilding milestone(and given the situation, i got it then), but to identify that much with your fandom.... well, i guess i dont.

OK, so you notice no change in your mood on a Monday, during football season, from when the Bills lose and when they win?

My point, exactly!

i dont mean to single you out, but that middle section has always struck me odd. i know here in new orleans it was a big rebuilding milestone(and given the situation, i got it then), but to identify that much with your fandom.... well, i guess i dont.

I mean to single you out, Why the hell are you on a message board in July if you don't get a buzz and feel pride if your team wins?

1. Cry because my dad didn't live to see it (he loved the Bills and unfortunately for most of his life they didn't do much except for those four semi-glorious years)

3. Run naked across one of the bridges here in Richmond, VA (no particular reason why - just told my wife I would when we lived in Philly during the SB years)

4. Promised my wife I'd stop watching football - figure I'd be able to start watching again in a couple of seasons

5. Buy me a "Buffalo Bills - Super Bowl Champions" hat

My wife's from Philly too - she'd be crying with me though - after 23 years she's hopped on our wheel-less bandwagon. The Super Bowl defeats were very early in our marriage, so she gets it.

I believe Buffalo will win a superbowl in the next 3 years.

I do believe it will happen when people least expect it. Probably sneak into the playoffs as a wildcard

Could even be THIS year.......you won't catch me betting against them...

Edited by HOUSE

4. Promised my wife I'd stop watching football - figure I'd be able to start watching again in a couple of seasons

5. Buy me a "Buffalo Bills - Super Bowl Champions" hat

Yea I can relate to Reason 1 too. Almost everyone can. Good point. :thumbsup: