USA!!!USA!!!USA!!!USA!!

Beerball

I agree... How do you think they were gonna float that one by. I guess people really don't give a schit.

At least we are keeping some 8 year old girl chained to a sewing machine... Coulda been worse for the female in China, she coulda not made it past one day old in this world.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

i liked the uniforms ALOT...and check the labels of your clothes, are they all made in america, don't sweat the small stuff? i think bringing home the gold medal is worth more than clothing that probably costs $1.25 total...

The US team looked OUTSTANDING last night...i think i read they had 37 assists on 42 baskets???? not bad for being together a week.

1. Those unis are fugly and should be burned for that reason alone.

2. Not to be overly jingoistic, but, shouldn't they have been made here?

link

i liked the uniforms ALOT...and check the labels of your clothes, are they all made in america, don't sweat the small stuff?

We're not talking about you or I we are talking about the team representing our country. And, while I don't like the fact that they were made overseas...I'm not sweating it either.

And...those opening ceremony unis are butt fugly.

Lawmakers are basically selling our country to China, but decide to put their foot down on this?

Their answer is instead of keeping manufacturers here or making it profitable, they put the hammer down on people BUYING the Chinese goods. They have it all bass ackwards!

Their answer is instead of keeping manufacturers here or making it profitable, they put the hammer down on people BUYING the Chinese goods. They have it all bass ackwards!

What I don't get is that they are all mad that the uniforms got made by commies but Harry Reid basically never met a commie idea he didn't like. He should be happy about this, not mad.

What I don't get is that they are all mad that the uniforms got made by commies but Harry Reid basically never met a commie idea he didn't like. He should be happy about this, not mad.

Well, the fascist oligarchs (aka the corporations in power over our politicians) accepted their profit opportunities a long time ago, and they stem from Chinese workers.

my bad, i thought we were talking about the basketball uni's...i haven't seen the opening ceremony uniforms...

We're not talking about you or I we are talking about the team representing our country. And, while I don't like the fact that they were made overseas...I'm not sweating it either.

And...those opening ceremony unis are butt fugly.

i liked the uniforms ALOT...and check the labels of your clothes, are they all made in america, don't sweat the small stuff? i think bringing home the gold medal is worth more than clothing that probably costs $1.25 total...

The US team looked OUTSTANDING last night...i think i read they had 37 assists on 42 baskets???? not bad for being together a week.

Well, If made in America, its only going to cost them about $30 total and then they would write articles about how they couldn't make them cheaper and look at how much is spent just to dress the athletes for an opening ceremonies......

Problem these days is that everyone wants stuff cheap, they don't want to pay lots for it. But they also want to make more money. No one wants to do the sweaty factory labour jobs. Companies find places where people will gladly do those jobs, and take very little pay, so they can bring the product over to sell it here at an affordable price people will pay

Problem these days is that everyone wants stuff cheap, they don't want to pay lots for it. But they also want to make more money. No one wants to do the sweaty factory labour jobs. Companies find places where people will gladly do those jobs, and take very little pay, so they can bring the product over to sell it here at an affordable price people will pay

You ain't saying... People want quantity over quality... Throw away society.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Yes, they should have been made here - dumb move that's getting a lot of bad press. The sad thing is, even if they had a Made in the USA label it wouldn't necessarily mean much - most of the stuff is made American Samoa or Guam which are American territories. Congress passed legislation years ago allowing clothing made there to have Made in the USA tags, even though wages, job rights and safety regulations don't need to conform to U.S. law - a neat little trick the politicians made (and were compensated by corporate friends) that allows China-like labor costs with the appearance of having been made in America by American workers....

WTF does a beret have to do with being American? The outfits are ridiculous, but regardless, we should be manufacturing them here.

IDK, ask these guys http://www.patriotfiles.org/images/Hero_BiegeMartinHoltProsser.jpg :ph34r:

I think it's funny that politicians are bitching about these things being made in China when it's mostly their fault that we don't manufacture anything here anymore.

+1

What was really funny is Donald Trump tweeting that the unis should be burned when his own clothing line is manufactured in China. I get that his clothes aren't made for Olympic athletes representing the US, but still...

What's next, anything worn in competition has to be made in the country that the athlete represents?

From a simple PR thing... Why would they do this? Didn't they ever hear about the path to least resistance? I could really care less, such a black eye though. Instead of spreading good will, ill will (maybe out of cluelessness) is the norm.

Oh well... I am sure everybody will look @ these olympians in a different way.

What's next, anything worn in competition has to be made in the country that the athlete represents?

I hear ya... Just a simple pride thing. We were one of the greatest textile producers on the planet... Now it is socially insensitive, enviro ravaged China. The uniforms should maybe kinda about what we stand for... Oh wait, they are.