Voter ID requirement may affect black voter turnout, Dems Fear

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so they are pretty much admitting they don't want these laws because it will hurt the President's re-election bid. Nice...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-07-10/black-voter-turnout-naacp-obama/56135158/1

And the other side is basically admitting they want to limit the number of minorities and poor people who vote. I've yet to see any real evidence of mass vote fraud. This is all in conservative's heads.

And the other side is basically admitting they want to limit the number of minorities and poor people who vote.

Horseshit. If voting in US elections is a privlidge exclusive to US citizens, don't we have a responsibility to protect that privlidge with verification? Else what are the benefits of citizenship? Paying taxes?

I've yet to see any real evidence of mass vote fraud. This is all in conservative's heads.

... I'm speechless... Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I've yet to see any real evidence of mass vote fraud.

And you are?

The government passes laws all the time to "level the playing field" when there isn't any evidence that the action is necessary. Military people have to show their IDs to buy a candy bar at the Base Exchange but a citizen doesn't have to show ID for something as important as casting a vote? Horseshit.

The Liberals have a stake in keeping poor people poor. It's good for business.

And you are?

The government passes laws all the time to "level the playing field" when there isn't any evidence that the action is necessary. Military people have to show their IDs to buy a candy bar at the Base Exchange but a citizen doesn't have to show ID for something as important as casting a vote? Horseshit.

The Liberals have a stake in keeping poor people poor. It's good for business.

You guys can show me some studies or whatever. Where is this fraud happening??

And the other side is basically admitting they want to limit the number of minorities and poor people who vote.

That is a lie.

There's no other way to put it.

The actual citizens of the country deserve to know that the integrity of our elections is being protected and that registered voters do not have their votes diluted by "multiple" voters, deceased voters, and unregistered voters.

It seems to me that it's more than a bit racist to claim that black people are less capable of obtaining an ID than members of other races.

Welcome to the soft racism of low expectations.

The only thing the right must repeat over and over and over is the final sentence of that article.

When it comes down to it, a degrading assumption underlies liberal opposition to voter IDs and the updating of registration rolls. It is the assumption that minorities, the poor and even students are incapable of meeting minimal voting requirements.

No ID - no check cashing

No ID - no alcoholic beverages

No ID - no visiting Department of Justice

No ID - no tanning at tanning booths

No ID - no DVD rental

No ID - no welfare checks

No ID - no bank account

NO ID - NO VOTING

What's the question?

No ID - no check cashing

No ID - no DVD rental

No ID - no bank account

NO ID - NO VOTING

What's the question?

Its bad enough that you and racists like you have made it nigh impossible for black people to cash checks, rent DVDs or even get a sweet tan, at least let them cast their vote and participate in the next election.

No ID - no check cashing

No ID - no DVD rental

No ID - no bank account

NO ID - NO VOTING

What's the question?

Anyone know how the ACA works for people without ID?

The problem with voting is it goes beyond a simple ID. That ID is tied to a residence and specific polling place that may be constantly changing. I would be all for the ID thing if one could just walk into any polling place and vote like one goes into any video store and rents a movie... Anywhere in the country.

There is only one election that people in different states have in common... That is the prez. election. That election should be standardized for all. They could still have the electoral college with the states. The election should be separate an unified. Today's systems and technology would enable this now more than any other time in history. You gotta SS #, you can vote anywhere in the country via your home state.

No ID - no check cashing

No ID - no DVD rental

No ID - no bank account

What's the question?

Come now. People who are oppressed enough to not be able to possess ID do none of those things. They're like...droopy-eyed armless children.

When someone cries foul about having to show ID when voting, it tells me all I need to know about them.

Come now. People who are oppressed enough to not be able to possess ID do none of those things. They're like...droopy-eyed armless children.

When someone cries foul about having to show ID when voting, it tells me all I need to know about them.

Fine. Than show an ID anywhere in the state... And one can vote.

They get free health care

Walk into an ER... Can you be denied care. It is free already.

The article makes mention of voter registration fraud, but not voter fraud--two completely different things.

I do, however, agree that making an argument against requiring a voter's identification is categorically absurd.

And yes, assuming that minorities are incapable of obtaining identification is racist, not "soft" racist, straight...up...racist.