Voter ID requirement may affect black voter turnout, Dems Fear

What didn't get much of a laugh out of me was your insinuation that much of the black community is simply incapable, either by laziness or incompetence, of securing a photo ID, such that requiring voters to present an ID is motivated only by race.

Its moments like this where I find myself wondering if maybe, just maybe, Dave In Elma has got a point. And that is disgusting.

You're off base here. I'm not saying anyone is lazy or incapable. Your post is complete BS.

I've only brought up race because minorities are more likely affected along with poorer and elderly people. These are STATISTICS. Wow.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the people who do not have these photo ID's, are they going to be provided to them for free so they can vote??

Or are we going to enforce a poll tax?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/naacp-leaders-romney-cant-connect-with-black-aud

"I believe his vested interests are in white Americans," said Charlette Stoker Manning, chair of Women in NAACP. "You cannot possibly talk about jobs for black people at the level he's coming from. He's talking about entrepreneurship, savings accounts — black people can barely find a way to get back and forth from work."

If they can't get to work how are they going to get to the polls?

What's the point of fixing something that isn't a problem? If anything, you could make things worse by not allowing some to not vote anymore. You're potentially cutting a lot of people out of their voting rights only months before an election.

I couldn't tell you why they don't have IDs. Not my business.

I've heard that a lot of them are older people who don't really drive. ID's may have expired but it doesn't have to be over a warrant.

Now it's older people we are talking about. You are a gold mine of quotes.

Now it's older people we are talking about. You are a gold mine of quotes.

I guess we're done then. It's all made up, go back to your hole.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/naacp-leaders-romney-cant-connect-with-black-aud

"I believe his vested interests are in white Americans," said Charlette Stoker Manning, chair of Women in NAACP. "You cannot possibly talk about jobs for black people at the level he's coming from. He's talking about entrepreneurship, savings accounts — black people can barely find a way to get back and forth from work."

If they can't get to work how are they going to get to the polls?

Really?

If it's not a problem, how does it help Republicans win?

And better yet, how does it disenfranchise "millions of citizens"? Still haven't heard a good explanation for that.

Edited by LeviF91

You're off base here. I'm not saying anyone is lazy or incapable. Your post is complete BS.

I've only brought up race because minorities are more likely affected along with poorer and elderly people. These are STATISTICS. Wow.

And the other side is basically admitting they want to limit the number of minorities and poor people who vote

How will requiring photo IDs limit the number of minority voters?

How will requiring photo IDs limit the number of minority voters?

Are you serious???????????????????????????????????

Poor people, minorities, and the elderly make up most the voting block that would be affected by these laws because they are most likely not to have state photo IDs.

And better yet, how does it disenfranchise "millions of citizens"? Still haven't heard a good explanation for that.

Because they can't vote now if they don't have the ID.

Poor people, minorities, and the elderly make up most the voting block that would be affected by these laws because they are most likely not to have state photo IDs.

Why can't these people obtain photo IDs?

How do they do ANHTHING else without photo ID?

You could even argue that the proposed regulation is doing those without IDs a favor. They might just find another occasion where they need/want a photo ID over the next 4 years. I know its a long shot, but crazier things have happened.

I don't use my ID very often in day to day life besides driving.

But aren't IDs being provided for free in places where they're required?

As I pointed out before, I'm not sure. I know I had to drop $80 for mine.

I don't use my ID very often in day to day life besides driving.

As I pointed out before, I'm not sure. I know I had to drop $80 for mine.

How can we trust anything you say:

fjl2nd

Practice Squad

Group:

Members Posts:

239 Joined:

28-November 11 Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

At the end of the day this is what happened: A kid wanted some candy during the NBA All-Star halftime. He went out and got it and then was chased down and killed by a man over 100 pounds bigger with a gun. Trayvon had no chance.

The last person to talk to Trayvon, while he was being followed: http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

My Blog - Blog of Knowledge

How can we trust anything you say:

fjl2nd

Practice Squad

Group:

Members Posts:

239 Joined:

28-November 11 Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

At the end of the day this is what happened: A kid wanted some candy during the NBA All-Star halftime. He went out and got it and then was chased down and killed by a man over 100 pounds bigger with a gun. Trayvon had no chance.

The last person to talk to Trayvon, while he was being followed: http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

My Blog - Blog of Knowledge

Got me!!!

I was wrong on that along with the media. I fell for it.

George Zimmerman is still a killer and deserves to go to jail. But I've retired from talking about that case so I'll end it there.