Has the left lane become the new right?

plenzmd1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about a-hole southern drivers...

I was on US52 a few months ago. I was in my F350 - slow accerlation - and getting on the highway on a crazy onramp in an active work zone at about 9something. There had been a semi in front of me having a worse time then I accelerating. Work was in full go, and here in NC they have no tolerance for speeding in a work zone. I was still going about 60 when I reached traveling speed (50 mph speed limit), with the semi on my right now doing about 50. Behind me there was a guy who was driving fast as can be in a souped up all black F150 - he was all over my tail and being an ahole. I didn't brake check him or anything, I was waiting to get enough room to move to the right lane and he cuts the semi off causing him to throw his brakes on, then gets beside me throwing a tempertantrum. He pulls over in front of me and even though I had slowed down to about 30 I have to slam my brakes on.

He then decides to speed up. Then slows down to toy with me. He does it great, too. Just slows down to travel speed where I end up about 20 yards behind him. He changes lanes a lot, won't let me get in the right lane without getting in front of me. Brake checks, a-hole driving follow. At one point he pulls beside me and I show him I am on the phone and mouth the words police. There is no way I can speed past him (I am in a diesel!)...so he starts to drive.

No idea what happened with the guy, the cop I spoke to was not too concerned about it - no weapons. And, I basically said I do not know if the guy was just having a bad day or just another a-hole but he doesn't need to be on the road right now no matter what the reason. He agreed, asked if I want to press charges - I said no. I didnt' flick him off, do anything - just smile and stick my tongue out making a funny face.

Probably a bicyclist driving for a change.

Ha! I dont want to get this restarted, so all I'll say is there were some major differences between the two stories. Safe driving, everyone.

Heh there is no difference in our stories. You decided you wanted to jump all over my story. Your a TBD post rager is what you are. You have a problem and should seek therapy.

You're gonna make me do it? Ok...

I usually move over if I see a car driving faster than me in my rear view mirror. But if a person drives aggressively towards me and is being a general ahole like flipping me off, I become an ahole to them and wont move over.

Recently I had this one ahole come up on my bumper from out of no where and was flipping me the bird, and I do mean he was like two feet off my bumper, so I brake checked him. I was especially annoyed because a big truck was in the lane beside me so I could not move over if I wanted too. What did he expect me to do with a truck in the lane beside me?

So this tool slows down then moves over two lanes and roars past me and the truck and gets in front of me and proceeds to slow down to 65 MPH. I was traveling 75 MPH when this guy came up on my bumper when he wanted me to move over. He sits in that lane doing 65 MPH for about a mile to make a point and then flips me the bird. So I finally get past the truck on my right and move over a lane to pass this guy on the right. He speeds up to stay in front of me in the left lane. So I move back into the left lane. He slows back down to 65 MPH to block me and flips me the bird. I move the right lane and he speeds up again. I move back to left and he slows down. We do this dance 3 more times. At this point I'm just laughing at this tool who is getting so worked up about this left lane thing. He takes off up to 85 MPH and flips me the bird. So for yuks I started chasing him matching whatever speed he went up to.

Unfortunately we came up to my exit and I had to stop chasing the guy which I was doing because I was so amused by his road rage.

There ought to be a law where you can shoot out the tires of road rage people.

Talking about a-hole southern drivers...

I was on US52 a few months ago. I was in my F350 - slow accerlation - and getting on the highway on a crazy onramp in an active work zone at about 9something. There had been a semi in front of me having a worse time then I accelerating. Work was in full go, and here in NC they have no tolerance for speeding in a work zone. I was still going about 60 when I reached traveling speed (50 mph speed limit), with the semi on my right now doing about 50. Behind me there was a guy who was driving fast as can be in a souped up all black F150 - he was all over my tail and being an ahole. I didn't brake check him or anything, I was waiting to get enough room to move to the right lane and he cuts the semi off causing him to throw his brakes on, then gets beside me throwing a tempertantrum. He pulls over in front of me and even though I had slowed down to about 30 I have to slam my brakes on.

He then decides to speed up. Then slows down to toy with me. He does it great, too. Just slows down to travel speed where I end up about 20 yards behind him. He changes lanes a lot, won't let me get in the right lane without getting in front of me. Brake checks, a-hole driving follow. At one point he pulls beside me and I show him I am on the phone and mouth the words police. There is no way I can speed past him (I am in a diesel!)...so he starts to drive.

No idea what happened with the guy, the cop I spoke to was not too concerned about it - no weapons. And, I basically said I do not know if the guy was just having a bad day or just another a-hole but he doesn't need to be on the road right now no matter what the reason. He agreed, asked if I want to press charges - I said no. I didnt' flick him off, do anything - just smile and stick my tongue out making a funny face.

Yes, you both encountered an ahole driver. But one of you decided to be an ahole back, as you admitted you do with drivers you decide deserve it.

Dont brake check, just pass the traffic on the right and get over. No need to chase him down either. You turn into just as much of a dangerous driver as the ahole you are copying.

Edited by DrDareustein

Yes, you both encountered an ahole driver. But one of you decided to be an ahole back, as you admitted you do with drivers you decide deserve it.

Dont brake check, just pass the traffic on the right and get over. No need to chase him down either. You turn into just as much of a dangerous driver as the ahole you are copying.

Get some therapy Dr. Dar!

That's why I don't copy anyone. I'm a dangerous driver...but on my own responsibility.

Yesterday on the Beltway, in stop-and-stop traffic, some jackass decided he was special and drove on the shoulder. It was hilarious to see everyone stick their hands out the window and flip the guy off. Less hilarious, but more just, when someone put him in the jersey wall (no, it wasn't me.)

That's why I don't copy anyone. I'm a dangerous driver...but on my own responsibility.

Yesterday on the Beltway, in stop-and-stop traffic, some jackass decided he was special and drove on the shoulder. It was hilarious to see everyone stick their hands out the window and flip the guy off. Less hilarious, but more just, when someone put him in the jersey wall (no, it wasn't me.)

Did a fight break out after that stunt?

Yesterday on the Beltway, in stop-and-stop traffic, someone jackass decided he was special and drove on the shoulder. It was hilarious to see everyone stick their hands out the window and flip the guy off. Less hilarious, but more just, when someone put him in the jersey wall (no, it wasn't me.)

I was 17 ib my cavalier. Ran a Mercedes off the road ib to median on I75 in Toledo. Guy got unstuck and chaw me down almost 20 miles later.

Ok, I'm wondering how I was supposed to handle this one:

Last night I was approaching a massive traffic stand still due to construction. It was a 3 lane road where the two left lanes were both about to close (there were several signs announcing this). I'm in the right lane with a merging lane to my right from an onramp. There's a cop coming up that ramp with his lights on and he gets to the highway pretty much even with me. Traffic ahead of me started moving, so I stayed still and left a huge opening in front of me. But for whatever reason, the cop stops right next to me and lays on his horn. I had given him a huge gap in front of me where he could have gotten all the way over to the closed left lanes that he was trying to get into. For whatever reason, he was expecting me to pull over to the right even though that's exactly where he was.

So long story short (or short story even shorter), I wind up having to pull up ahead of the cop and then over so that he can do his thing, which I'm pretty sure was just a shift change so that he could replace the guy who was protecting the construction. It made no sense to me that I was supposed to get in front of him to get out of his way.

So long story short (or short story even shorter), I wind up having to pull up ahead of the cop and then over so that he can do his thing, which I'm pretty sure was just a shift change so that he could replace the guy who was protecting the construction. It made no sense to me that I was supposed to get in front of him to get out of his way.

He was just stupid, obviously... chalk it up to someone not recognizing an obvious move.

Ok, I'm wondering how I was supposed to handle this one:

Last night I was approaching a massive traffic stand still due to construction. It was a 3 lane road where the two left lanes were both about to close (there were several signs announcing this). I'm in the right lane with a merging lane to my right from an onramp. There's a cop coming up that ramp with his lights on and he gets to the highway pretty much even with me. Traffic ahead of me started moving, so I stayed still and left a huge opening in front of me. But for whatever reason, the cop stops right next to me and lays on his horn. I had given him a huge gap in front of me where he could have gotten all the way over to the closed left lanes that he was trying to get into. For whatever reason, he was expecting me to pull over to the right even though that's exactly where he was.

There is your problem (BOLD).

Move to a state where they don't have to waste tax dollars to do this. As bad as it is in Illinois and wherever around the MidWest... People are still sane enough where this "protection" isn't mandatory. Worst place ever I noticed was Mass... No wonder they need cops "protecting."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois