Anderson Cooper outs himself

Ill remember this post when my white ass walks through Brownsville, Brooklyn on a hot Summer night.

You arent being assaulted because you are straight.

While I get the sincerity of this, its the application of it thats the problem. Becuase when you strive for your noble principle to be achieved, we often DONT move forward and instead get political correctness. You get people like "Fat Nick" spending major time in jail becuase he threw around a few derogatory words during a common fistfight. Or you get comedienes blacklisted and held hostage and often their careers ruined for telling an ethnic joke. You get a hyper hyper hyper sensitivity to discussions of matters of race with people livingg in fear of speech police and power hungry special interests. Not good.

The application of any and every idea is always the problem. Not arguing with you there. But what we think might happen is no reason to not do something when it is working towards a better society. There will always be dummies (on both sides) that screw it up for the rest of us, but that doesnt mean you stop trying.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was simply trying to say how can you be "proud" of something you where born with?

'"

It's like saying your proud to be Irish, or proud to be American. Same logic applies here.

What is deviant behavior and where does society draw the line? Or should it not draw a line at all on deviant behavior.

I think you draw the line around two consenting adults.

The line should be wherever other people are egregiously harmed by the behavior. Gay marriage doesn't qualify, neither does consensual sodomy.

I don't know... I agree... But some people treat this like abortion... Again, I don't agree with them but respect their religious passions.

Anway...

Myself... I don't think any marriage should be recognized by the state. Take it all away and the tax breaks. Not that the gays spoiled it, but something has to give. The system can't be gamed. Let the religions view what marriage should be. I am gonna take a lot of flak for this. I am not being vindictive. My marriage is deeply private and religious... The state shouldn't be defining it.

I got no problem with gays. The hetero crowd also needs to tone it down. They should all be equal, cut 'em all down equally.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I don't know... I agree... But some people treat this like abortion... Again, I don't agree with them but respect their religious passions.

Anway...

Myself... I don't think any marriage should be recognized by the state. Take it all away and the tax breaks. Not that the gays spoiled it, but something has to give. The system can't be gamed. Let the religions view what marriage should be. I am gonna take a lot of flak for this. I am not being vindictive. My marriage is deeply private and religious... The state shouldn't be defining it.

I got no problem with gays. The hetero crowd also needs to tone it down. They should all be equal, cut 'em all down equally.

I agree. There should separation of church and state. taxes shouldn't be based if your married or single. I say abolish all loopholes and have a 7% flat tax. Corporate and personal. No deductions, no loopholes just 7% flat tax.

I say abolish all loopholes and have a 7% flat tax. Corporate and personal. No deductions, no loopholes just 7% flat tax.

:lol:

But then how will politicians dangle promises of tax breaks for contributor and key voter blocs, or the threat of tax increases on unpopular demographics?

Everytime I hear people complain that the tax system is broke, I respond that it's working as intended

:lol:

But then how will politicians dangle promises of tax breaks for contributor and key voter blocs, or the threat of tax increases on unpopular demographics?

Everytime I hear people complain that the tax system is broke, I respond that it's working as intended

Abolish politicians as well. They are f-in useless.

Now some guy named frank ocean outed himself. Who the hell is frank ocean? Anyone I have to google isn't worth googling. Is this going to be the new way to kickstart ones career, like sex tapes used to be?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Now some guy named frank ocean outed himself. Who the hell is frank ocean? Anyone I have to google isn't worth googling. Is this going to be the new way to kickstart ones career, like sex tapes used to be?

Oh Gawd I hope you're wrong because once outing yourself has gone the way of sex tapes, the next step will be gay sex tapes :ph34r: