McNabb says he's likely to play this year

bills44

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with you guys? I took it as satirical humor.

obviously

too many white people are so freaking over hyper mega sensitive on that topic, any mention of black that isnt uber complimentary and all of a sudden youre racist. its so bad its become a huge problem that actually contributes to the real problem of racial divide

think about this: if i made a joke about any other race like that would anybody have a problem with it? of course not, its obvious. and yet because its black they jump to conclusions despite it obviously being a simple joke, a clear over compensation

further, if you have four kids and the family all tease each other like normal, but one kid doesnt get teased, what happens to that kid? they get really fkd up. and yet so many people think its appropriate to never make any jokes about black folks because they have this weird idea they need to be protected

those are double standards and double standards are always bad

by doing that you are actually contributing to factors that keep ridiculous false barriers from having the races come together. you can see that, right? special rules for only one race isolates them. and by screaming racism every time any reference to blackness in a joke is made, despite how obvious it was that it was just a standard ethnic centric joke, you are actively promoting that separation

so stop jumping to conclusions, stop having special rules only for black folks, stop over compensating, and stop seeing racism where it doesnt exist. be part of the solution instead of part of the problem

When did Rush Limbaugh join the board??? Holy crap you're a tool.

wow

youre the only one that got that part of the joke ... and you STILL got it wrong!!!

lololoololol

man you shoulda known right away it was a joke, but again ... massive conclusion jumping

the funny thing is if i made a joke about say kyle williams being white, unusual for a dominating defensive lineman, nobody would have a problem with that, theyd get it immediately. but make a joke about a black quarterback, with aaaaall the history we have on that, including rush limbaughs stupid ass statements, and people STILL cant grasp it properly

man its frustrating to watch you people screw this up so bad

Edited by Meathead

:lol: I doubt McDrabb could even make our practice squad! I wouldn't have minded having him as a backup last season, (as opposed to Thigpen) but that would have been the only option for such a past-prime QB. And McDrabb is way, way, past prime. The guy is washed-up, finito, ibitty-beep that's all folks!

obviously

wow

youre the only one that got that part of the joke ... and you STILL got it wrong!!!

lololoololol

man you shoulda known right away it was a joke, but again ... massive conclusion jumping

It's not that I got it wrong, it's just bad taste. It's ignorant really. I've never had an appreciation for racial humor/satire regardless of the race that is targeted. I think it's petty. I also find it ironic that you are pulling the "race card" by back peddling and trying to make an example out of Kyle Williams being white. It seems you're the only one that finds it funny.

Should I insert the pejorative "lololololol" here? Oh, I just did. Did you get that?

no it is not in bad taste. and it certainly isnt ignorant

i have spent my life loving black folks. i have a long and impressive track record of helping, teaching, befriending, and marrying black folks. there are very few white people more qualified than me to talk about issues of race related to the white/black dysfunction going on in this country

what i do is educate the people that think they know what they are talking about but really dont know their ass from a hole in the ground, those people that think they are doing something to help black folks but really are hurting them, the well intentioned but flat out wrong. thats you and the people here and all over the place in this country that think the same ridiculous things you do

ignorant indeed. negro please

Good god........the double standard around here. :wallbash:

Get over it, people.

And for crissakes look in a mirror. <_<

Some are so quick to seemingly prove how better they are then the rest and can't type fast enough to try and villify.

If you're calling for Meathead's ouster, I want you calling out the many, many of those that refer to high motor WHITE guys. That's just one example of the double standard around here.

Meathead, I know where you were coming from. Problem is, if enough of the "esteemed" posters around here bark long and loud enough you may be in trouble.

I'd be sorry to see that happen.

Good god........the double standard around here. :wallbash:

Get over it, people.

And for crissakes look in a mirror. <_<

Some are so quick to seemingly prove how better they are then the rest and can't type fast enough to try and villify.

If you're calling for Meathead's ouster, I want you calling out the many, many of those that refer to high motor WHITE guys. That's just one example of the double standard around here.

Meathead, I know where you were coming from. Problem is, if enough of the "esteemed" posters around here bark long and loud enough you may be in trouble.

Ok, so here's where you're wrong.

"High motor" is a euphemism for a hard-working player who gets more out of his game than his natural athleticism would suggest. It's irrelevant what his race might be.

Meathead's comment (or "joke" as he's now calling it) was in the poorest imaginable taste, and he's now backtracking faster than a starting cornerback.

There's no double standard, no "high horse," and no need to look in a mirror. The comment was classless and no matter how hard he tries to rehabilitate his intent, meathead has proven himself worthy of his own screen name.

too many white people are so freaking over hyper mega sensitive on that topic, any mention of black that isnt uber complimentary and all of a sudden youre racist. its so bad its become a huge problem that actually contributes to the real problem of racial divide

Bingo. The younger generation has been raised with this idea that being labeled a 'racist' is worse than being a child molester, so they are all in a huge rush to prove their non-racist credentials at every opportunity. Some of these kids would probably have a heart attack if they watched movies from 70s.

Your joke was pretty obvious to anyone who follows the NFL. And for crying out loud, your name is MEATHEAD! It's like people getting riled up over crayonz dissing Canada.

1341050526[/url]' post='2495654']

no it is not in bad taste. and it certainly isnt ignorant

i have spent my life loving black folks. i have a long and impressive track record of helping, teaching, befriending, and marrying black folks. there are very few white people more qualified than me to talk about issues of race related to the white/black dysfunction going on in this country

what i do is educate the people that think they know what they are talking about but really dont know their ass from a hole in the ground, those people that think they are doing something to help black folks but really are hurting them, the well intentioned but flat out wrong. thats you and the people here and all over the place in this country that think the same ridiculous things you do

ignorant indeed. negro please

The shift key makes capital letters. The period is under the question mark.

Try grammar, then work on humor.

Just because it is not your cup of tea does not mean you must reply. If you do not like it do not read it.

idk despite being black i thought mcnabb was pretty darn good in his prime. if vy flames out i wouldnt mind him here over thigpen but thats about the only way

People who are bashing on this might want to review the Limbaugh comments it refers to.

In the past, McNabb has been damned by faint praise of being "overrated" because "the media wants a black QB to do well" and then the reverse - of not being "black enough" ("he's just got a suntan")

no problem. ive been banned places before over this issue and it serves its purpose very well. its classic civil disobedience to make a point. there is nothing more powerful than an idea whos time has come and this is an idea that is way past due

martin luther king used it to great effect. look up the name bull connor, a racist white police chief who tried to intimidate and stifle dr king by threatening him with dogs, fire hoses, and putting him in jail. ironically, and very intentionally set up by dr king, those arrests worked directly against bull connor and drew great attention to the dr kings cause. now bull connor is viewed as one of the most pathetic ridiculed figures in civil right history. and for good reason

so whos gonna be tbd's bull connor? i would be honored to be banned in that tradition. just remember, i will eventually be back, and i will say and do exactly the same things. and by then there will be plenty of people willing to stand up for what right and start driving these ridiculous white guilt double standards to the fringe where the hell they belong

Edited by Meathead

Meathead's comment (or "joke" as he's now calling it) was in the poorest imaginable taste, and he's now backtracking faster than a starting cornerback.

The comment was classless and no matter how hard he tries to rehabilitate his intent, meathead has proven himself worthy of his own screen name.

oh hell no, absolutely no backpeddling AT ALL. i dont need to rehabilitate a damn thing. if you wish you can go to other boards and see my decades of work there on this topic. i am very proud of what i do, i seek to erase these kinds of ridiculous false boundaries that keep people from coming together over stupid ass stuff. i will stand here all day to debate you and anyone else on this topic, and i will tear you apart with pure educated well experienced logic

i have loved black folks since i was a kid growing up deep in the heart of redneck crackerland. i have been on numerous organized diversity councils. ive been a member of several urban leagues (the black business associations). i married a black woman. i have been doing this a loooong time and taken on a lot of people. i have a ton of material i will beat you over the head with. the funny thing is it wont even be that hard because people (especially overcompensating white people) are so screwed up on this topic they actually make it easy for me

lets start with this: i expect you now to use the same standard of outrage for every comment on this site with any race element to it. that means no more redneck jokes can pass by you without you showing the same kind of righteous contempt. you can never let anyone make fun of white running backs again - ever. in fact, no more fat jokes, no more dumb people jokes, not even making fun of fruity dolphin fans or references to what big jerks the jets fans are

oh you cant do that? youre going to save your outrage only for any reference to black folks? now who is prejudging things, now who has different standards based on color, hmmmmm?

i can give you all kinds of logic why the typical guilt ridden misplaced white outrage is an inferior response that does NOTHING to help the real problem of racism and in fact only hurts the cause. can you give me any logic whatsoever why youre totally different standards are appropriate?

your turn. this will be good

The younger generation has been raised with this idea that being labeled a 'racist' is worse than being a child molester, so they are all in a huge rush to prove their non-racist credentials at every opportunity.

unfortunately its not just the younger generation, i see this problem across all ages of white people. its took me decades to get through to my thick headed relatives why they should accept black folks, then it took me years to get them to not be so flip out sensitive when i make jokes about my black girlfriends, usually in front of them. theyd be outraged, while my girlfriend would just laugh, but theyd still be outraged

so many white people just. dont. get. it. and its really a big problem, almost as big as the original racism itself

Your joke was pretty obvious to anyone who follows the NFL.

yeah, no kidding. and anybody that likes dave chappel, anybody that likes family guy, anybody that watches thirty rock. just about anybody that isnt a guilt ridden, overcompensating, socially blind as a bat, desperate to show how racially sensitive they are, full of crap white person

not so ironically, black folks seem to like my humor more than white people nowadays. though admittedly i have some people that need teaching there, too

Edited by Meathead

Ok, so here's where you're wrong.

"High motor" is a euphemism for a hard-working player who gets more out of his game than his natural athleticism would suggest. It's irrelevant what his race might be.

There's no double standard, no "high horse," and no need to look in a mirror. The comment was classless and no matter how hard he tries to rehabilitate his intent, meathead has proven himself worthy of his own screen name.

Thanks for explaining the meaning of "high motor". Didn't realize what it meant. :rolleyes:

But....I said high motor WHITE guy. I've never heard or seen high motor African American guy or high motor Philippino guy or, well...you get the picture. You've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about.

Therefore, in conclusion, not only did you misread Meathead's post, you also misread mine.

oh hell no, absolutely no backpeddling AT ALL. i dont need to rehabilitate a damn thing. if you wish you can go to other boards and see my decades of work there on this topic. i am very proud of what i do, i seek to erase these kinds of ridiculous false boundaries that keep people from coming together over stupid ass stuff. i will stand here all day to debate you and anyone else on this topic, and i will tear you apart with pure educated well experienced logic

i have loved black folks since i was a kid growing up deep in the heart of redneck crackerland. i have been on numerous organized diversity councils. ive been a member of several urban leagues (the black business associations). i married a black woman. i have been doing this a loooong time and taken on a lot of people. i have a ton of material i will beat you over the head with. the funny thing is it wont even be that hard because people (especially overcompensating white people) are so screwed up on this topic they actually make it easy for me

lets start with this: i expect you now to use the same standard of outrage for every comment on this site with any race element to it. that means no more redneck jokes can pass by you without you showing the same kind of righteous contempt. you can never let anyone make fun of white running backs again - ever. in fact, no more fat jokes, no more dumb people jokes, not even making fun of fruity dolphin fans or references to what big jerks the jets fans are

oh you cant do that? youre going to save your outrage only for any reference to black folks? now who is prejudging things, now who has different standards based on color, hmmmmm?

i can give you all kinds of logic why the typical guilt ridden misplaced white outrage is an inferior response that does NOTHING to help the real problem of racism and in fact only hurts the cause. can you give me any logic whatsoever why youre totally different standards are appropriate?

your turn. this will be good

unfortunately its not just the younger generation, i see this problem across all ages of white people. its took me decades to get through to my thick headed relatives why they should accept black folks, then it took me years to get them to not be so flip out sensitive when i make jokes about my black girlfriends, usually in front of them. theyd be outraged, while my girlfriend would just laugh, but theyd still be outraged

so many white people just. dont. get. it. and its really a big problem, almost as big as the original racism itself

yeah, no kidding. and anybody that likes dave chappel, anybody that likes family guy, anybody that watches thirty rock. just about anybody that isnt a guilt ridden, overcompensating, socially blind as a bat, desperate to show how racially sensitive they are, full of crap white person

not so ironically, black folks seem to like my humor more than white people nowadays. though admittedly i have some people that need teaching there, too

Tell me you didn't pull out the "I married a black woman card"......... :flirt:

good post! :thumbsup:

Edited by billsoverdue

When I type on my standard keyboard the character under the question mark is not a period/ I'm not really certain that using that character for punctuation improves clarity, but if you really feel strongly about it I suppose I could try it/

Getting back to the original topic and walking away from the character under the question mark, it seems as though McNabb played very well in the Eagles system, but struggled learning a new system in Washington. It puzzles me why folks think he'd be a good fit in B'lo.

Edited by Hopeful

When I type on my standard keyboard the character under the question mark is not a period/ I'm not really certain that using that character for punctuation improves clarity, but if you really feel strongly about it I suppose I could try it/

Getting back to the original topic and walking away from the character under the question mark, it seems as though McNabb played very well in the Eagles system, but struggled learning a new system in Washington. It puzzles me why folks think he'd be a good fit in B'lo.

Obviously, because he's black.