McNabb says he's likely to play this year

bills44

and that he's looking at 3 teams. The writer speculates that the Bills could be one of the 3 teams.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19445395/donovan-mcnabb-an-80-90-percent-chance-ill-play-this-year

In scrolling through the teams who might need a somewhat capable, 35-year-old backup who's looked old and ineffective while playing for the Redskins and Vikings, I've come up with three possible options: the Bills if Vince Young is absolutely terrible, the Ravens and the Colts.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would take him as our backup, with VY as second stringer in a heart beat.

move brad smith to the 5th receiver/3rd running back role.

imagine the options on offense? lol, it's kinda crazy to think about.

picture any scenario over the course of the season where we HAVE to get a first down, or even a quick TD, and we bring out onto the field:

mcnabb under center,

vince young and fred jackson in the backfield,

cj spiller in the slot,

brad smith lined up wide.

lol - would any defense have the slightest idea what play we were going to run?

and the amount of options that exist in that formation alone? we could run 25-30 plays out of that one formation. 2 a game all season long, and no one would ever know what's coming.

are you telling me that thigpen on the roster is a BETTER choice than that?

or whoever our 5th wideout is now?

come on man!

and that he's looking at 3 teams. The writer speculates that the Bills could be one of the 3 teams.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19445395/donovan-mcnabb-an-80-90-percent-chance-ill-play-this-year

In scrolling through the teams who might need a somewhat capable, 35-year-old backup who's looked old and ineffective while playing for the Redskins and Vikings, I've come up with three possible options: the Bills if Vince Young is absolutely terrible, the Ravens and the Colts.

Get her done Buddy ... we need an old washed up quarterback who is quite vocal on this team.

I sure hope Buddy keeps an eye out for every over 30 player who no one else wants to help build some age into the Bills!

:wallbash::wallbash:

If Andy Reid comes with him, then yes.

Time to take some heat...

McNabb was never that great, even that good. Reid mastered the guys toolbox and maximized the efficiency of the guy. I do not know what team would reasonably want this guy because I do not see what he has to offer.

mcnabb under center,

vince young and fred jackson in the backfield,

cj spiller in the slot,

brad smith lined up wide.

Yes, I'm imagining an over the hill QB, a backup QB lined up at RB, and a RB and a kick returner lined up at WR. I'm sure defenses would turn to jello.