Ivan Reitman to Direct Comedy About the Buffalo Bills

They already had a Bills related movie a few years back, right? Something about a replacement team? I don't think football related movies are very good except Rudy and the original Longest Yard.

Friday Night Lights

Blind Side

Varsity Blues

Any Given Sunday

just to name a few.

I forgot Friday Night Lights. That was good and the TV show was as well. The other movies I didn't care for much.

I'm with you, Friday Night Lights was pretty good but the rest of that list is more Hollywood phony-drama than anything else.

My short list of very good football movies:

North Dallas Forty

Everybody's All American

Heaven Can Wait

Best of Times

All The Right Moves

Longest Yard

Brian's Song

Rudy

Sadly, the project was canned when Reitman realized that the man he envisioned to play Buddy Nix, Slim Pickens, died in 1983......

Some would say that hiring a guy who died in 83 to play Nix is fairly accurate type casting.

I'm with you, Friday Night Lights was pretty good but the rest of that list is more Hollywood phony-drama than anything else.

North Dallas Forty

Everybody's All American

Heaven Can Wait

Best of Times

All The Right Moves

Longest Yard

Brian's Song

Rudy

Remember the titans wasn't bad either.

Little giants was a great movie too...yeah I said great!

North Dallas Forty

Everybody's All American

Heaven Can Wait

Best of Times

All The Right Moves

Longest Yard

Brian's Song

Rudy

Personally, I HATED North Dallas Forty. I'm old enough that I saw that one in the theaters and quickly regretted wasting my money.

I have no problems with the rest of your list. Brian's Song wasn't a great big Hollywood movie but I'll confess my eyes watered when first seeing it (the original) on TV. Rudy wasn't fascinating every minute but the ending was very moving and inspirational.

Don't know if it would be considered a "football" movie, more about football fans...but I thought "Big Fan" was one of the funnier movies I have seen in a while...not a "big fan" of Patton Oswald, so I wasn't expecting to like it...the ending was, IMO, one of the best movie endings ever. Great, dark humor.

Also, I loved "Everybody's All American".

Edited by Buftex

Second String

The only Buffalo Bills movie you need. I love this movie.

It has everything you need including Angelina Jolie('s dad).

Besides, having Doug flutie (edit) and Van Miller on the big screen is always a treat.

They should have used bad chicken wings instead of oysters tho'. :blush:

Edited by Drewgetz

private parts?

This thread made me think about the last movie Reitman directed that anybody cared about. Haven't heard that guy's name in a long time.

funny??? yikes... loved the movie, just not sure i would ever use funny when talking about it...dark, yes...funny? may have to rewatch it

Don't know if it would be considered a "football" movie, more about football fans...but I thought "Big Fan" was one of the funnier movies I have seen in a while...not a "big fan" of Patton Oswald, so I wasn't expecting to like it...the ending was, IMO, one of the best movie endings ever. Great, dark humor.

Also, I loved "Everybody's All American".

I forgot about second string, although I must say that while I don't think this movie will be any good I don't care if they use the Bills as their whipping boys or not. Once we get good again its not going to matter if some crappy film makes fun of us.

Ralph is in on this idea!

Didn't they already make a movie about the Bills. I think it was about wide right.

Buffalo 66.

Synopsis:

Only one thing could bring Billy's mom any joy: an NFL championship for the Bills. She missed the last championship because she went into labor with Billy. Billy's dad snapped his dog's neck to teach him responsibility. Billy bet ten grand on the Bills to win in the Super Bowl five years before only to lose that bet on a missed field goal. He did five years in prison taking the fall for the bookie he can't repay. Now he's out. He has to do two things while he's out: visit his parents before killing the kicker who not only lost the Super Bowl for the Bills but also put him away. The only problem is he has to pee. He kidnaps a girl from a dance studio where he goes to pee so that she can pose as the fictitious wife from the fictitious life he invented in his letters to his parents from jail. She falls for him instantly. He makes the audience uncomfortable as he ignores her advances as he uses her in his plans to eventually kill the kicker while convincing his parents that he lives far away with his beautiful wife.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118789/plotsummary

Edited by buffaloboyinATL