Young slightly ahead of Thigpen in Backup QB race

http://blogs.buffalo...s-minicamp.html

"It's early, but Young looks like he's currently the slight favorite, according a Wednesday report from Tim Graham of the Buffalo News. It sounds like neither player, however, is playing very well at this week's minicamp.

Graham said both players have looked "mediocre at best" in offseason practices and "lousy at times."

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know the season will be over before it started if Fitz goes down. Everyone keeps saying that the Bills could do no wrong this off season, most of the holes are filled, etc.. Well, I can tell you one thing, this team does not have a snowball's chance in Hell if a certain injury hits a certain player. Not addressing the QB position properly in the draft over how many years now could come back to bite em.....

Good to know the season will be over before it started if Fitz goes down. Everyone keeps saying that the Bills could do no wrong this off season, most of the holes are filled, etc.. Well, I can tell you one thing, this team does not have a snowball's chance in Hell if a certain injury hits a certain player. Not addressing the QB position properly in the draft over how many years now could come back to bite em.....

I have a suspicion the Bills First or Second Rounder next year will be spent on a QB.

Young has his issues but he has also proven he can win games in the NFL

My big concerns are still at WR and Chan being pass happy again

Edited by Max997

You can't really get a good quarterback with the 32nd pick in the draft.

Quoth the Senator, "19-0 baby!"

New team, new system. He throws a nice ball but inaccurate at times. It is still mini-camp and there's a lot of time until the season starts. Let's not hang our season on how V Young looks in June

Edited by Wooderson

Is Tim referring to knowledge of playbook, or ability to hit open receivers?

If this is an intelligence thing, I'll give them a pass after just a few days in camp. If they aren't completing throws to open receivers... then cut them now and bring in someone who can at least throw.

I'm more concerned about the defense improving than our back up QB. Very few teams have quality back up QBs let alone great starting QBs.

I read online if we signed Young our backup QB problem was over. Could it be that he was never a good passer?

id argue both halves of your post could be true.

he was never a great passer - but a backup qb just needs to be able to hold things together and hopefully win some games, get a spark out of the team at a time when the leader goes down.... and he has been a guy that seems to have a rallying effect leading to some wins.

How many teams in the NFL would NOT be screwed if their starter went down? I can think of one. Dallas.

How many teams in the NFL would NOT be screwed if their starter went down? I can think of one. Dallas.

i can think of many middle of the pack teams that dont know which guy is the starter (seattle for instance).

the jets would be a good candidate for this as well

id argue both halves of your post could be true.

he was never a great passer - but a backup qb just needs to be able to hold things together and hopefully win some games, get a spark out of the team at a time when the leader goes down.... and he has been a guy that seems to have a rallying effect leading to some wins.

To me this sounds more like VY then Thigpen. The guy has a certain charisma about him when he is 'on'. Like you said, hopefully at worst it would be for a few games, then you just need a QB the players WANT to rally around. VY gets the nod in that dept, dont you think?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975