Jaws has Fitz #24

Jaws has Fitz at #24 and basically said that he can play at an elite level at times but his MECHANICS (footwork and throwing motion, both) are too inconsistent to keep him there. So can David Lee get Fitz to be consistent with his mechanics????? The answer to that question will be the answer to our playoff drought or not.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to argue with 24 if you take emotion out of it-

Inconsistent

Too many INTs

Does not produce wins

Maybe he can continue the "we are dis-respected, 7th round nobodies" theme the offensive guys have been rolling with and turn the rankings upside down!

I like Jaws and it's his opinion, so it can't be wrong. But it's just his opinion. There is no way in hell I will ever agree that Mark Sanchez is better than Fitz. Fitz plays on a way less talented team and Sanchez turned the ball over more than Fitz. IMO, the only way MS id better than Fitz is in terms of draft position.

That said, it's hard to argue with Fitz' mechanics being a big problem. It will be real interesting to see if Coach Lee can improve them this late in the game.

Jaws is stupid, he and the rest of the media hate us. #24 is low.

I would like to see where he relates to others.

I am guessing you are being sarcastic. Given Fitz's limited range, accuracy and penchant for throwing inopportune INTs, it is tough to rate him among the league's elite. He is undoubtedly smart and covers up for his shortcomings by playing a smart game (maximizing his strengths). That and Gailey's play calling make him look much better than his inherent skills indicate. Hence, I am not surprised that a QB-expert like Jaws rates him low. I do think 24 is too low looking at the other starters around the league. A high teens rating sounds more appropriate in my unscientific view.

Jaws also had high praise for JP and then later on Trent if I'm not mistaken. I like some of his film analysis but dude doesn't really bring anything substantial to the table in analyzing qbs IMO....

Not saying I totally disagree with his comments on Fitz just saying that a lot of these guys don't bring anything more substantial to the conversation than we all do with our banter here. Sorry been drinking on the course today not totally clear on my thoughts! :)

I am guessing you are being sarcastic. Given Fitz's limited range, accuracy and penchant for throwing inopportune INTs, it is tough to rate him among the league's elite. He is undoubtedly smart and covers up for his shortcomings by playing a smart game (maximizing his strengths). That and Gailey's play calling make him look much better than his inherent skills indicate. Hence, I am not surprised that a QB-expert like Jaws rates him low. I do think 24 is too low looking at the other starters around the league. A high teens rating sounds more appropriate in my unscientific view.

And that's fair and I don't think anyone will argue that Fitz is great. However, I would love to see how people rated the supporting cast around the QBs. Because when your highest drafted receiver is a 7th rounder, you aren't playing with elite talent.

A guy I like a lot is Stafford. PHysically, he is a much better QB than Fitz. Who would benefit more from switching teams: Stafford or Fitz? Fitz isn't a great QB but he doesn't have great pieces around him either.

I like Jaws and it's his opinion, so it can't be wrong. But it's just his opinion. There is no way in hell I will ever agree that Mark Sanchez is better than Fitz. Fitz plays on a way less talented team and Sanchez turned the ball over more than Fitz. IMO, the only way MS id better than Fitz is in terms of draft position.

That said, it's hard to argue with Fitz' mechanics being a big problem. It will be real interesting to see if Coach Lee can improve them this late in the game.

I'm convinced that muscle memory and proprioception can be improved continually throughout one's life. I've been an avid skier since I was three and I never took lessons. A few years ago, in my mid forties, I went to a three day clinic taught by some world class skiers. My technique improved dramatically and it stuck. I am skiing better now than at any time in my life.

Having watched the recent press conference where Fitz talked about working with Lee, and knowing Fitz's character and intelligence, I would be most surprised if his mechanics weren't improved.

It really depends on what you go by. If you pin wins and losses on *only* the QB, then yeah, he's at the bottom of the league. If you look at the whole package, I think he's easily in the middle while trending towards the top (if go by last year's 5-2 start before injury). Either way, hopefully he can continue to improve as he has the last two years.

based on his body of work from last year...#24 is fair. no sympathy points for playing with a cracked rib.

based on my future prediction....i say he is #15 after this season.

So, weigh the cracked ribs against his play.

How much better would he have been?

Weigh his sack total against his INT's.

How many should have just been sacks?

My problem with Fitz is that he has used his mind over his ability to put the ball in places where he thought he could get it vs. actually put it. I am hoping with his mechanics being adjusted he will compensate for his inability to place a ball in pressure or on tough routes.

I'm convinced that muscle memory and proprioception can be improved continually throughout one's life. I've been an avid skier since I was three and I never took lessons. A few years ago, in my mid forties, I went to a three day clinic taught by some world class skiers. My technique improved dramatically and it stuck. I am skiing better now than at any time in my life.

Having watched the recent press conference where Fitz talked about working with Lee, and knowing Fitz's character and intelligence, I would be most surprised if his mechanics weren't improved.

Right but he's not some schlub like us changing our mechanics during a pickup basketball game. Its easier said Than done at his level.

the problem with this analogy is that you aren't a professional skier. i'm not sure you'd find as much value in those lessons if you were.

i love fitz. i think he's the best qb the bills have had in years. i'm still not convinced he can unlearn the instincts that have brought him to this point. it's tough to change an athlete's natural tendencies when he or she is thirty years old. often, when you start changing an established athlete's mechanics, you screw them up.

i hope lee makes him better. i'm equally concerned that he might screw fitz up.

Edited by Dirtbag

Right but he's not some schlub like us changing our mechanics during a pickup basketball game. Its easier said Than done at his level.

Curious as to how you would know this for a fact?

I'd think it'd be easier for professional athletes to make adjustments as they already have to be adept at changing styles and play for various situations to make it professionally. But, I have no professional experience of my own, so I have not a clue.