Spiller a "Changed Man" Says Fitz

There are a lot of reasons to be excited this season. Here's one more - in the words of Ryan Fitzpatrick:

"C.J. is a completely changed man. It's been apparent from day one of this off-season. I think the biggest thing with what he did at the end of the year last year, was he got his confidence. You just see how comfortable he is in this system now. He's telling guys, receivers that they're lined up wrong and letting them know... there's just so many things. He's directing people on the field and out of the huddle. I think he's ready to make a big jump. I think mentally he's made a big jump in the last year. With his confidence level where it is right now, we expect big things out of him this year. He really showed last year what he can do."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys ever tried to weave a basket? It's really no joke.

Jacked about CJ this year. I am just hoping that Chan can figure out a way to use him and Fred together. Given both of their versatility I think we just might see it.

CJ only scored a 10 on the Wonderlic Test, However the lowest ever scored was a 6, by Vince Young... http://www.fitsnews....clemson-degree/

he may have taken his time on the test and not finished the questions. That said, Spiller did earn his degree in 3 and a half years in sociology. Meaning he couldn't be that void of intelligence.

he may have taken his time on the test and not finished the questions. That said, Spiller did earn his degree in 3 and a half years in sociology. Meaning he couldn't be that void of intelligence.

It's a very strange situation. His score indicated some literacy issues which doesn't mean dumb but might explain the low score and steep learning curve. Some sort of undisclosed learning disability while still being very smart. If accommodated - he could easily perform well at school but bomb a test that a 3rd grader should get in the teens atleast.

It's a very strange situation. His score indicated some literacy issues which doesn't mean dumb but might explain the low score and steep learning curve. Some sort of undisclosed learning disability while still being very smart. If accommodated - he could easily perform well at school but bomb a test that a 3rd grader should get in the teens atleast.

Dexter Manley never got a degree but did have 4 years of college and couldn't read... If they can play football, they go to college and if that college is a football factory, who know what really goes on with these guys?

Nothing against CJ or any other players intelligence, they are all part of a system that is about winning at all costs.. Players are nothing more than cogs in a machine, one wears out and you replace it..

a. It sometimes takes a couple of years for a NFL player to "get it"

and

b. Its a little difficult to be the man when you have a all pro caliber running back in front of you

You need TWO good running backs in this league....lets hope Chan can find the correct way to platoon them that keeps FJ healthy all year and keeps CJ Spiller involved in the offense

Because at some point this year.....we are gonna need CJ to produce....can you feel it?

Bust and wasted pick. At least that's what I've read from the best fans in the NFL.

Well e-man, he does have more to prove. The comments, while encouraging, do indicate that there were problems. And this is his third year.

That said, it would be wonderful for this team if Spiller could step up and win us a game.

Well e-man, he does have more to prove. The comments, while encouraging, do indicate that there were problems. And this is his third year.

That said, it would be wonderful for this team if Spiller could step up and win us a game.

I like your viewpoints, opinions, and such. I agree with you that we never can get enoguh CB's! (kidding)

Anyway, how do you envision him stepping up and winning us a game? Right now, the only thing I can say I know he could do is break one long, but I think Jackson is just as likely due to his power over Spillers speed.

Bust and wasted pick. At least that's what I've read from the best fans in the NFL.

I thought it was a wasted pick. Maybe because I'm sick of us drafting 1st round RB's, my faith in Fred Jackson, and that Pierre-Paul was best available AND at a huge position of need for us.

Maybe we were just stung from picking Maybin over Orakpo the year before and didn't want to make a mistake like that again for a pass rusher and CJ was so dominant in college it was closer to a sure thing.

Never felt he would be a bust though, just the wrong guy for us at that time.

But hey that's in the past and he's ours now, he works well with Fred and Fitz and adds depth and excitement at a key position.