NFL Game Rewind to include "Coaches Film"

NoSaint

We'll have a much better sense of the coverages and blocking schemes teams run, because writers will distill all of this for us and publish it.

Is that a joke? Sports "writers"? The same guys who are jockeying for lame postgame locker room cliches from players are going to break down the All 22 film for us too?

That's rich!!

Which begs the question, why don't the networks put an All-22 camera in every stadium for every game to use on replays. Seems fairly simply enough, especially with the ability to zoom in on the replays as you are showing it.

I think they just use the camera they use for getting the shot of FG for the All 22. So if I'm right, all networks have to do is use it more.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/6/15/3089640/nfl-to-make-coaches-film-available-to-fans

Diehard football fans, the kind of fans that like to dig into the details of the game's Xs and Os, may have experienced heart palpitations on Friday morning. The NFL announced, after years of begging and cajoling from fans, that it will make "Coaches Film" available through its Game Rewind feature, which allows fans to watch archived broadcasts of each and every NFL game.

Coaches Film shows the entire field of play, a bird's eye view of all 22 players on the field and what they are doing, or not doing in some cases. Utilizing a number of different camera angles it facilitates a better understanding of what transpires all over field rather than the television broadcast which typically follows possession of the ball.

This is what teams use to breakdown plays, evaluate players and all those other things that get lumped into the term "watching film."

The Coaches Film is included in the premium Game Rewind package, available for a $60 subscription. For many, it will be a small price to pay considering the demand from football fans over the years. It might also prove to be a very lucrative offering from the NFL, as the league wades further and further into the waters of technological innovations to enhance the fan experience.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=1&ttp=3&icampaign=Prod_GR_Nav#featurecoach

This is very significant news. I had Rewind last year, and just thought the other day that I wouldn't be re-upping. It may have just squirmed back into consideration...

Did they have tablet support last year? Seems that's another big improvement in the product.

Seems like the price went up a bit this year. Will definitely get the pre-season package ($19.99), but the regular season package, IIRC, went up about $20. Still worth it, for most. I have been getting this every year since it was available...I used it a bit, but last year kind of sucked. I have a Mac at home, and you can't watch NFL Rewind on Mac! Very disappointing.

Even though I have Sunday Ticket Max, I'm definitely going to get Game Rewind now that I see it's supported on tablets. It will be a lot of fun to look at the coaches tape and then pretend I know what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

Seems like the price went up a bit this year. Will definitely get the pre-season package ($19.99), but the regular season package, IIRC, went up about $20. Still worth it, for most. I have been getting this every year since it was available...I used it a bit, but last year kind of sucked. I have a Mac at home, and you can't watch NFL Rewind on Mac! Very disappointing.

Worked great on my Mac mini...?

Worked great on my Mac mini...?

I also have a Mac mini...from my understanding, as Mac no longer supports Adobe Flash, and NFL Rewind will only play with the latest version of Adobe Flash...what did you use to view?

I also have a Mac mini...from my understanding, as Mac no longer supports Adobe Flash, and NFL Rewind will only play with the latest version of Adobe Flash...what did you use to view?

Is this true? I have an iMac and it runs Flash flawlessly. The only issue I'm aware of with Apple and Flash is on their mobile platform (iOS), which impacts the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch -- and that's why Game Rewind coming up with a new app is the kicker for me.

Is this true? I have an iMac and it runs Flash flawlessly. The only issue I'm aware of with Apple and Flash is on their mobile platform (iOS), which impacts the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch -- and that's why Game Rewind coming up with a new app is the kicker for me.

This...I was under the impression that flash issues only arose on tablet/mobile devices.

I've never had a problem with any kind of flash content on my mini...

Okay, I am pretty computer illiterate, so take this with a grain of salt...but last season, I ordered re-wind, as I had been doing for about 3 years (since they started offering it)...it was the first time I had any issue. I kept getting a message that I needed to upgrade to the lastest version of Adobe Flash...when I tried to do that, I would get a message that Mac no longer supported Adobe Flash. I took the computer to the "genius bar" at my local Apple store, and was told the same thing. My mini is a few years old (2006 I think) so I suppose it is possible that it is just this particular version of the Mac mini. At the time, I went to a few different websites, trying to trouble-shoot, and there seemed to be a bit of griping about Mac not supporting Adobe Flash. It may just be me...but it was a real bummer. Would love to be able to access Rewind on my home computer...and honestly, I just can't afford a new computer right now. The age of the computer may be the problem. If anyone would care to enlighten me, I would love to find a way around this issue. :)