NFL Game Rewind to include "Coaches Film"

NoSaint

Okay, I am pretty computer illiterate, so take this with a grain of salt...but last season, I ordered re-wind, as I had been doing for about 3 years (since they started offering it)...it was the first time I had any issue. I kept getting a message that I needed to upgrade to the lastest version of Adobe Flash...when I tried to do that, I would get a message that Mac no longer supported Adobe Flash. I took the computer to the "genius bar" at my local Apple store, and was told the same thing. My mini is a few years old (2006 I think) so I suppose it is possible that it is just this particular version of the Mac mini. At the time, I went to a few different websites, trying to trouble-shoot, and there seemed to be a bit of griping about Mac not supporting Adobe Flash. It may just be me...but it was a real bummer. Would love to be able to access Rewind on my home computer...and honestly, I just can't afford a new computer right now. The age of the computer may be the problem. If anyone would care to enlighten me, I would love to find a way around this issue. :)

This must be the problem. I got mine last August, and I believe the model was less than 2 months old at the time...I take it you're not on Lion then??

This must be the problem. I got mine last August, and I believe the model was less than 2 months old at the time...I take it you're not on Lion then??

I don't even know what Lion is...so I guess I am not on it!

Okay, I am pretty computer illiterate, so take this with a grain of salt...but last season, I ordered re-wind, as I had been doing for about 3 years (since they started offering it)...it was the first time I had any issue. I kept getting a message that I needed to upgrade to the lastest version of Adobe Flash...when I tried to do that, I would get a message that Mac no longer supported Adobe Flash. I took the computer to the "genius bar" at my local Apple store, and was told the same thing. My mini is a few years old (2006 I think) so I suppose it is possible that it is just this particular version of the Mac mini. At the time, I went to a few different websites, trying to trouble-shoot, and there seemed to be a bit of griping about Mac not supporting Adobe Flash. It may just be me...but it was a real bummer. Would love to be able to access Rewind on my home computer...and honestly, I just can't afford a new computer right now. The age of the computer may be the problem. If anyone would care to enlighten me, I would love to find a way around this issue. :)

Gotta think you're on an old OS (operating system); a 2006 computer is ancient by today's standards. By the way, "doesn't support" is not the same thing as "doesn't work with." Apple may not "support" Adobe Flash because it's third party software, but I can guarantee you Flash works fine with the latest OS (called Mountain Lion) on Macs.

As for why Apple won't allow Flash on its mobile platform, here's a link to Steve Jobs' answer: Thoughts on Flash

For those that do a lot of streaming, Playon has an NFL Rewind chanel. I used it last year to stream everything (using a PS3) and it worked great! I'm psyched about the new camera! Now I just have to break the news to the wife.

Gotta think you're on an old OS (operating system); a 2006 computer is ancient by today's standards. By the way, "doesn't support" is not the same thing as "doesn't work with." Apple may not "support" Adobe Flash because it's third party software, but I can guarantee you Flash works fine with the latest OS (called Mountain Lion) on Macs.

As for why Apple won't allow Flash on its mobile platform, here's a link to Steve Jobs' answer: Thoughts on Flash

Thanks for the info. I will look into this a bit further. Thing that sucks is, for my purposes anyways, my 2006 Mac Mini works great...except for this one issue.

eball, that was a great read. Thank you.

eball, that was a great read. Thank you.

Welcome. I'm not an Apple "fanboy" but I do get tired of hearing all of the "Apple sucks; why won't they allow flash on the iPhone/iPad" nonsense from folks who have no idea what the issues are.