Why we all oughta hope Stevie Johnson acts a lot this year..

Hplarrm

In all fairness to Stevie and to end this stupid discussion. The year before when he wrote "why so serious?!?" against the Bengals it was never penalized. If Vhan said not to do something that could be taken as a penalty and he knew he's already done that and NOT gotten penalized then why wouldn't you again? Did the NFL change it's rules in undershirts? Did they not see it the first time? All possible answers to the question. But we all know rules change daily in the NFL and if you didn't know then you probably won't know until you get flagged for it. It's probably more along the lines of the regs having it out for Stevie after his Plax and crashing Jet celebration. Either way, I don't fault him for not getting away with something the second time after it was previously allowed. If he fell to the ground again, different story, if he pulle out a sharpie or pom poms, another story. This was really no big deal. it wouldn't have been in the Jets game either if we had a kicker that wasn't as bad as a high school sophmore on kickoffs after Lindell went down. If he wants to celebrate a little after a TD I think most fans would be ok with it granted were winning the game or at least competitive. If were getting smoked that's another story. At the end of the day it's all in the maturity of the player. Jet crashing and plax shooting= bad, Happy New Year and why so Serious?!?= not bad and unoffensive.

That's my take.

As I recall, he did get fined for that first TShirt offense.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I would love to see the "lights out" dance about 10-15 times this year.

This

no, you agree with it, which is fine. you may find it immature and stupid. personally, i find it funny that he publicly ridiculed a peer. it doesn't happen very often.

Plax got the last laugh. He hauled in one-handed stretch down the sidelines that resulted in an extended drive and a score.

Stevie dropped one that hit his fingers, and would likely have set us up for a score.

As I recall, he did get fined for that first TShirt offense.

If Stevie wants to get fined, that's his own prerogative. As long as he's not getting penalized, he's not hurting the team. And he wasn't penalized for the first t-shirt celebration.

Hurray for arbitrarily drawn lines of acceptable behavior.

I'm for all of it. Choreography, props, kick lines, snow angels, whatever. If you don't like it, don't let him in the end zone. If you do like it, don't B word when a free safety decapitates him next time he catches the ball.

One thing I love about baseball and hockey is that players are able to police their own. You showboat during a home run trot? OK, but someone's getting drilled in the rib cage. Good lord, I can't even imagine the clusterfark that would ensue if Bud Selig, in his infinite wisdom, tried to lay down rules for on field celebrations.

T.O. told Stevie "kid in 2 years it will be contract time, like in politics you need league wide name recognition, if you want to get paid." Stevie picked up his game (as they all do at contact time)and added some "crazy ****" to the act. He got paid, we're good to go.

Generalize much?

Most ridiculous thread on the front page right now.

It's topical and it's about the Bills.

IT'S STILL A GAME !! Tell soccer players to stop flopping and stop doing backflips when they score, and tell them to leave their shirts on after they score too. Tell Tiger to stop pumping his fcking fists when he makes a putt. Just because they're "professional" doesn't mean they have to act stiff.

Dancing and doing the Dougie, cat daddying, doing the Charleston, whatever is harmless. Who gives a crap. Writing signs like Happy New Year on your t shirt as a TD celebration. Who gives a fck. Seriously.

What you say is fine, until you put it in context. 15 yard penalty followed by the kicker almost wiffing on the ball gets you in deep ****. If what he does hurts the team and potentially costs them a game or games then that behavior needs to stop. Hopefully he understands the rule and will limit his fun to EZ solos.

That may be entertainment to you, but many people like myself just want to watch football. Not some clown acting like a douche bag. You really want our players emulating TO and Chad Johnson?

Celebrate, fine. But using props, and writing signs, and all the other dumb **** goes too far. If you don't stop them there, then how much further will they go to one up each other? Maybe Plax should hide a gun in his waist band and fire it off after scoring touchdowns. This is football, not the WWE. They already tried combining the two, and it failed miserably.

If SJ doesn't get any stupid penalties will you change your avatar?

I guess Stevie needs to learn how to salsa because there's no double standard going on here huh? I for one work all week and freakin love to watch td celebrations on Sundays. Guess victor Cruz and all the packers who leap etc are amateurs too ?

Football is entertainment if the guys who put in the work to get into the end zone get there then let em dance. Minute time limit or it's a penalty.

This old school act like you been there before stuff has been gone since the 80's. Ickey shuffle anyone ? I mean it's 2012 gentlemen....The mad men era is over. Women can vote now too

You're neglecting the fact that some antics draw flags. That hurts teams. Don't assume that people who want SJ to tone it down wouldn't enjoy his antics if flags weren't thrown. That's the bottom line here.

How the Lambeau Leap or the Ralph Launch aren't penalties is beyond my comprehension, but they are...so they are ok. Just stop doing the stuff that draws flags.

It's simple enough gentlemen. Stevie needs to listen to his coach. If he thinks he is bigger than his team or draws penalties, delays huddle well thats no good. Don't piss off coach Chan. I thought that was made clear last year before contract time.

After every TD this year, Stevie should run back to our sideline right away (cameras will follow him) and have a huge celebration dance off with lots of our players joining in. Its not in the endzone, no harm no foul, party harty. LETS GO BUFFALO!

But he HAS incurred penalties and HAS hurt his team. So when a player repeatedly demonstrates that he doesn't understand where the line is between penalty and non-penalty, how can you continue to dismiss the same continued behavior under the silly "he's having fun" excuse? How much "fun" does his defense have defending a short field because they had to kick off from the 20 again?

Hello??? That is why we brought the new kicker in!! HE will still be putting it in the stands even kicking from the 20 :thumbsup:

Dance Stevie. Dance.

Hello??? That is why we brought the new kicker in!! HE will still be putting it in the stands even kicking from the 20 :thumbsup:

Dance Stevie. Dance.

I can't believe I never thought of this before - He should go on Dancing With the Stars - maybe he could actually be effective there

But he HAS incurred penalties and HAS hurt his team. So when a player repeatedly demonstrates that he doesn't understand where the line is between penalty and non-penalty, how can you continue to dismiss the same continued behavior under the silly "he's having fun" excuse? How much "fun" does his defense have defending a short field because they had to kick off from the 20 again?

Obviously this is why the Bills signed a kicker who can kick it from one end of field out the end zone - so SJ can do his auditions for Dances with Stars and Bills do not need to be hurt by the penalties he causes for the team. If he he was forced to sit BEFORE he reaches 1000 yard mark maybe he would have learned something. ;-)

So SJ gets fined and penalized either way.

I was at the Titans game and SJ caught a pass for a first down in the last minute of the game. The clock was running down. We needed 2 scores. Time is of the essence. But SJ had to do his first down dance first before he could head back to the huddle.

He didn't have a catch in that last drive. Maybe you were thinking of someone else.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/play-by-play/20111204002/tennessee-titans--buffalo-bills

I say act like you've been there before.

PTR

I generally agree w/ this but I don't mind it if the guys have some fun as long as they don't get flagged. I was/still am really excited to see the Lights Out dance after Merriman drills Sanchez in week 1.

I generally agree w/ this but I don't mind it if the guys have some fun as long as they don't get flagged. I was/still am really excited to see the Lights Out dance after Merriman drills Sanchez in week 1.

Right after Revis drills Stevie

wasn't it the lights out dance that caused all of merriman's problems last year? if so, isn't it more detrimental to the team than stevie's smoove moves?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/135386-merriman-injured-his-arm-during-intros-sunday/

Edited by Dirtbag

Right after Revis drills Stevie

Revis would actually have to be playing first. Considering he's probably going to hold out again there's a good chance he might not.

I'm not too worried about him drilling Stevie anyways. I'd be more worried about him mugging Stevie all the way down the field and not getting a penalty because apparently pass interference it's perfectly acceptable as long as your name is Revis.