Why we all oughta hope Stevie Johnson acts a lot this year..

Hplarrm

This is supposed to be PROFESSIONAL football. He has $7M+ reasons to NOT act the fool. And I'd like to be entertained in February next year for a change.

IT'S STILL A GAME !! Tell soccer players to stop flopping and stop doing backflips when they score, and tell them to leave their shirts on after they score too. Tell Tiger to stop pumping his fcking fists when he makes a putt. Just because they're "professional" doesn't mean they have to act stiff.

Dancing and doing the Dougie, cat daddying, doing the Charleston, whatever is harmless. Who gives a crap. Writing signs like Happy New Year on your t shirt as a TD celebration. Who gives a fck. Seriously.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaning that when he scores a TD (and we hope he scores alot) he chooses to ACT like he has been there before and does not throw in the antics which earned him and his teamates a couple of penalties last year1

Thurman needs to sit him down and teach him what Marv Levy taught Thurman ... or bring in Coach Levy for a concentrated maturing session.

I love Stevie!! I really think the league has gone crazy with it's no fun rules but even though we have this rookie who can boot the ball out of the end zone every time we don't need to start the kick off with a penalty ... celebrate after the game dancing down the field in victory but during the game show that you are a star who is used to success!

and while we're at it, please ban all this "sack dancing." in my day, you tackled the quarterback and that was it. nowadays, guys do the electric slide, the tootsie roll, the dougie, the mashed potato, the cotton eyed joe, the humpty dance, the lean back, the stanky leg, the meatstick, the peanut butter jelly time, and the shimmy shimmy. then they wave their jerseys over their heads like a helicopter and download some apps off of the youtube before returning to the huddle.

and don't even get me started on those cheerleaders!

That's what she said...

We're kind of cherry picking incidents here. Stevie has scored a lot of TD's the past couple years and has done some kind of celebration every time. There are only a couple of instances, granted ill timed ones, where he's crossed the proverbial line. The guy likes to have fun, he just has to know what is allowed. Of course if the NFL had is way, every player would be a robot, completely devoid of personality.

I agree let the kid have fun. People take this game too seriously, it's entertainment and nothing more.

That may be entertainment to you, but many people like myself just want to watch football. Not some clown acting like a douche bag. You really want our players emulating TO and Chad Johnson?

Celebrate, fine. But using props, and writing signs, and all the other dumb **** goes too far. If you don't stop them there, then how much further will they go to one up each other? Maybe Plax should hide a gun in his waist band and fire it off after scoring touchdowns. This is football, not the WWE. They already tried combining the two, and it failed miserably.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Give the ball back to the ref and get on with kicking the other team's ass.

Dance all you want when it's over.

GO BILLS!!!

We're kind of cherry picking incidents here. Stevie has scored a lot of TD's the past couple years and has done some kind of celebration every time. There are only a couple of instances, granted ill timed ones, where he's crossed the proverbial line. The guy likes to have fun, he just has to know what is allowed. Of course if the NFL had is way, every player would be a robot, completely devoid of personality.

I disagree. The NFL goes to great lengths to market the personalities of its stars. What the NFL wants is to remain a SPORTING event for the players. There are certain protocols involved. Like being sporting. All of which is negated by the incessant "look at me" celebrations for even the most mundane plays.

GO BILLS!!!

IT'S STILL A GAME !! Tell soccer players to stop flopping and stop doing backflips when they score, and tell them to leave their shirts on after they score too. Tell Tiger to stop pumping his fcking fists when he makes a putt. Just because they're "professional" doesn't mean they have to act stiff.

Dancing and doing the Dougie, cat daddying, doing the Charleston, whatever is harmless. Who gives a crap. Writing signs like Happy New Year on your t shirt as a TD celebration. Who gives a fck. Seriously.

I agree. And I will add that I would personally let the players do whatever they want after they score in a heartbeat if it meant the stupid !@#$ing celebrations after every !@#$ing play would go away. Those are the annoying ones, not some guy exposing an undershirt with some writing after scoring a touchdown.

My vote:

1) Allow touchdown celebrations to do anything they want with a time limit.

2) Every dumbass that celebrates for making a tackle or catching a pass etc. gets penalized and fined.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Call me old school, but I think winning is fun. I'd have had a lot more fun with a win over the Jets than the "fun" we all had when SJ made a jack a$$ out of himself.

Yeah, would rather watch the cheerleaders dance after a score than a WR any day.

1) Allow touchdown celebrations to do anything they want with a time limit.

2) Every dumbass that celebrates for making a tackle or catching a pass etc. gets penalized and fined.

So SJ gets fined and penalized either way.

I was at the Titans game and SJ caught a pass for a first down in the last minute of the game. The clock was running down. We needed 2 scores. Time is of the essence. But SJ had to do his first down dance first before he could head back to the huddle.

That may be entertainment to you, but many people like myself just want to watch football. Not some clown acting like a douche bag. You really want our players emulating TO and Chad Johnson?

Celebrate, fine. But using props, and writing signs, and all the other dumb **** goes too far. If you don't stop them there, then how much further will they go to one up each other? Maybe Plax should hide a gun in his waist band and fire it off after scoring touchdowns. This is football, not the WWE. They already tried combining the two, and it failed miserably.

OK so what does this have anything to do with Stevie Johnson? Has he ever used props other than his tshirt?

OK so what does this have anything to do with Stevie Johnson? Has he ever used props other than his tshirt?

Props was only one of the examples I used, and as you stated yourself, he used his own t-shirt. This whole thread was formed on the premise that SJ has a history of excessive celebration. So uh, yeah, it has everything to do with SJ. However if you read my post I never even mentioned him, I was talking about excessive celebration in general. I think in some weird way you are actually asking yourself those questions, since they don't make any sense in a reply to my post.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EfzQlhcuCI

BRUCE SMITH. .ACT LIKE YOU'VE SACKED A QB BEFORE !!! YOU DELINQUENT. He apparently acted like he's never sacked a QB before. Running around after a sack with his arms out like he's an airplane. Pumping his fists and jiggling like he's made of jello. The nerve of this guy. He's a professional. He shouldn't be doing those things. Our all time sacks leader should act a certain way.

Give me a break.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

youtube.com/watch?v=0EfzQlhcuCI

BRUCE SMITH. .ACT LIKE YOU'VE SACKED A QB BEFORE !!! YOU DELINQUENT. He apparently acted like he's never sacked a QB before.

Give me a break.

That's true and I couldn't stand it when Bruce acted like Gastineau. Thought he looked like an ass. But he grew up and wasn't as demonstrative when he matured. Hell, he even deigned to help the QB off the ground from time to time.

I understand the cultural shift that has occurred in the NFL. But not every player subscribes to the circus. And I don't either. Too many players lack the class to even know what the word means.

GO BILLS!!!

BRUCE SMITH. .ACT LIKE YOU'VE SACKED A QB BEFORE !!! YOU DELINQUENT. He apparently acted like he's never sacked a QB before. Running around after a sack with his arms out like he's an airplane. Pumping his fists and jiggling like he's made of jello. The nerve of this guy. He's a professional. He shouldn't be doing those things. Our all time sacks leader should act a certain way.

Give me a break.

You are joking right? You really can't see how those kind of celebrations differ from guys writing messages on their shirts, taking cheerleaders pom pom's, pretending to shoot themselves in the leg to mock other players, ect...? If that is the case there is no helping you in this conversation. Guys have been dancing and celebrating as far back as I can remember...Fine, nothing wrong with that. But there is a limit, at least that is an opinion that many share.

The stuff that SJ got in trouble for in no way compares to anything shown in that video. It's really an awful comparison, and does nothing to make your point. I'm assuming your point is that players should be allowed to celebrate as often as they want, for as long as they want, in any manner they want. Regardless of the disruption to the game, and whether it offends anyone or not.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

You are joking right? You really can't see how those kind of celebrations differ from guys writing messages on their shirts, taking cheerleaders pom pom's, pretending to shoot themselves in the leg to mock other players, ect...? If that is the case there is no helping you in this conversation. Guys have been dancing and celebrating as far back as I can remember...Fine, nothing wrong with that. But there is a limit, at least that is an opinion that many share.

The stuff that SJ got in trouble for in no way compares to anything shown in that video.

I see nothing wrong with writing messages on their shirts unless it says something ridiculous. But writing Happy New Year? And "Why So Serious?" GIve me a break. Pom poms? I musta missed that Stevie celebration. Either that or you musta mistaken him for someone else.

Like i said. Him mocking Plax was done in poor taste and that's the ONLY Stevie TD celebration that should've been penalized in my opinion.

If you've even bothered to read the entire thread, you'd notice people on here were ripping on players for their TD and sack antics. "Players should act like they've done it before after getting a TD or sack." So in response, i posted a video of the greatest D-lineman to ever play celebrating after getting sacks.

Outside the Plax celebration, what's he done that was so terrible? Do share.

Edited by Beerball