Any questions for Mike Jasper?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bet the chair was happy when Hannah returned to it.

I think that desk belongs to someone in the ticket office. I'd say it's a good bet he's calling me, but maybe they called other STH's too.

PTR

Just got off the phone.

- Asked how I was doing. Told him about TBD and that I had some questions from the fans here.

- Weight: Same as before 380 but working to get to around 365.

- Reps: Getting some with first team but mostlly 2nd and 3rd team.

- Position: Just Guard. Plays left side. Prefers to stay there.

- What he needs to work on: Still adjusting to NFL level. Honing his technique, absorbing the shock from defenders while delivering a blow and maintaining balance, etc. Working with Joe D'Alessandris.

- Life outside of football: Living in Buffalo full time. Loves it. Has friends who show him the best of town. Involved in a local gospel choir. Dating girl from North Tonawanda. (Wooderson's friend's sister?)

- Competition: A lot of OL in camp. Everyone's friends but everyone knows there are only so many slots so they are banging. Feels he's gonna make it.

Spoke about 5 minutes. Great guy. I'm rooting for him.

PTR

Way cool, PTR. Thanks for posting!

One of the coolest things about our improved D: I think a couple years ago our OL would be feeling pretty cute 'cuz they were doing well against our D in practice.

Then the season would start and it would be "That's Nice, Sonny, but This Here's the Fleet"

I think our DL can keep up with anyone now. Shouldn't be so much of a shock to keep up.

thank you for doing that. I enjoyed Jasper as a novelty/ Cinderella story/ dark horse last year but was terribly disappointed seeing him in luxury box crushing wings during games. I'm stunned that he hasnt gotten on the field yet. I really hope he makes it this year and gives a great look for our killer d-line in practice. if he makes it im sure he will be the biggest guard in the NFL. GREAT SCOOP!

As the founder/president of the TBD Jasper Fan club, I approve of this thread and the content in it. Hopefully, he pushes to make the 53 man squad and works his technique where he can be a servicable backup this season before lighting it up in 2013.

Thanks for posting. I'm also rooting for him, but I really think it's a longshot given the depth the Bills have assembled on the OL. When Jasper says he is only playing one position (LG), that spells trouble and goes against the Bills' philosophy of having guys on the OL who are versatile (i.e., can play both RG and LG, or G and C, etc.). I mean, it's not like he's going to unseat Levitre, a budding star at the position.

Still, great guy and great story. Glad he loves Buffalo.