Merriman Cleared

No, not for his current employer, who picked him up after he was released by his last employer (who didn't think he earned a big contract).

There was that year back in 2006 though....

I know you meant but since he was hardly there, it was hard for him to make much trouble "in Buffalo".

His current injury goes back to well before his current team. It's been a problem since 2007.

Stop perseverating on what he's done in the Buffalo region. Has he made any trouble anywhere since the Bills picked him up? No, and that's the point. But you knew that already.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone backed up their posts with facts however you backed up your opinion with rhetoric and more opinion and zero facts.

Which is why posts like that should just be ignored.

TSW would be a lot more interesting if more people took a few seconds to verify their facts rather than farting out an opinion that does nothing but smell up the room for a few minutes...

I don't think I have ever seen a Bills unit that had such a positive makeover in a single year when you consider we added a healthy Shawne Merriman, Kyle Williams, Troupe and McGee; Free agents Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, then drafting Stephon Gilmore -- that's five or six starters and one or two #1 back-ups depending on how you count. UnBillievable. They have the makings of a top ten defense.

How about 1995, when we remade the defense- bringing in Paup and Washington, as well as drafting a bunch of good defensive players- Marlon Kerner, Ken Irvin, Damien Covington and Ken Holocek.

His current injury goes back to well before his current team. It's been a problem since 2007.

Stop perseverating on what he's done in the Buffalo region. Has he made any trouble anywhere since the Bills picked him up? No, and that's the point. But you knew that already.

Yes, his injury was in 2007. So what? Apropos of nothing, you brought up Williams and Johnson playing well and getting new contracts, then having surgery. They played well recently--and for the Bills (the team that rewarded them with new contracts for playing well for them). Are the Bills to reward Merriman for playing well 5 years ago for a different team? The sitautions for these players could not be more dissimilar.

And you brought up Merriman's good behavior in Buffalo. I am just reminding you he hasn't been in Buffalo but for a few months in 2 years.

My guess is that he was cleared by doctors to participate at the level that KW was cleared for. Perhaps some individual work on the side, etc. I won't be disappointed if he doesn't participate in full team drills. Heck, I don't care if he waits until opening day just as long as he's finally 100%.

GO BILLS!!!

I really hope he can bring it this year. I am rooting for him and the Bills. Regardless, this is finally gonna be a great year for the Bills! My $100.00 bet in Vegas tells me so :thumbsup:

Bills DE Shawne Merriman was back on the practice field Thursday for the first time since his offseason Achilles surgery.

Merriman participated fully in practice including team drills.

Per Chris Brown at BB.com

Bills DE Shawne Merriman was back on the practice field Thursday for the first time since his offseason Achilles surgery.

Merriman participated fully in practice including team drills.

Per Chris Brown at BB.com

That's encouraging.

Do you really think that the (relatively) few players who have tested positive for steroids over the years are the only ones who are taking them or HGH? If so, there's a bridge I'd like to sell you.

As for steroids "ravaging his body," it's a nice little theory. To me it looks like Merriman has had an Achilles issue that he's delayed having addressed surgically, because he's been trying to chase the big contract. Not unlike Kyle and Stevie getting their surgeries after they signed their big deals. He's finally had the surgery, so know we'll know definitively this year whether the steroids truly have ravaged his body.

And if he leaves after the season, I doubt anyone will call him a D-bag. He was a model person while in Buffalo and seems to have left all that other stuff back in SD. At most, people will say he was a waste of money/bad gamble by the Bills.

I am so sorry to attack an obvious personal friend of yours. Man love can be a beautiful thing. Merriman tests dirty according to your numbers 5& of the time.That's After being caught that's exactly 5% too much. A model citizen in Buffalo? LOL. Do you actually believe he lives in Buffalo? When he's rehabbing?

I doubted anyone would attack Lee Evans who was a model citizen in town. And actually contributed to the team! So if Merriman does squat yet again for the third year in a row (actually more if you count his previous employer who had zero use for him), you believe he will be exonerated by the fans? Yea right. I got a town to sell you. The homer love is at times too much. Let the dude play and see what happens. You already have your built excuse for fail. His Achilles.

What did I say that makes you think he was the only one juicing? I implied the exact opposite! I even used a baseball analogy. Reading comprehension is something you should work on. I try to make a point that masking is ahead of testing. Always has always will be. Should I mention the names of dudes who are dead from steroid use. "Ravaged bodies" Dude, maybe Lyle Alzedo was before your time he died at 43. Google him so you don't come across as being crass, and not knowing what your talking about.

Did you read the part where I said I was given steroids injections (not HGH) for a serious injury that caused postponement of a operation, because my muscle and tissue in the area was ****? My surgeon is Dr. Ken Shu (St. Mary's hospital San Francisco) a sports spinal injury expert, and groundbreaking neurologist. We talked more than once on steroid damage to tissue and muscle. He is the same surgeon who cut and saved Montana's career among others. But yea kind of like global warming there is NO science behind it in your opinion. Just nice little "theories" Wow!

As for Willams and Johnson what does their situations have to do with the price of Yak in Korea? To date Merriman is simply a NIX fail, not his first here and probably not his last. Ooops, now I've opened a whole new can of worms. Have a great evening!

Go Bills!

they have yaks in Korea? really. that is something i did not know. I did know that some animal pulled a till around the rice paddies but i thought it was a water Buffalo!

The good news is Merriman is back out there and we can hope he will give it his best for us. as mentioned it is do or die for his career imho.

Go Bills !

ps sorry about that back problem BPa that is nasty situation for sure.

I am so sorry to attack an obvious personal friend of yours. Man love can be a beautiful thing. Merriman tests dirty according to your numbers 5& of the time.That's After being caught that's exactly 5% too much. A model citizen in Buffalo? LOL. Do you actually believe he lives in Buffalo? When he's rehabbing?

I doubted anyone would attack Lee Evans who was a model citizen in town. And actually contributed to the team! So if Merriman does squat yet again for the third year in a row (actually more if you count his previous employer who had zero use for him), you believe he will be exonerated by the fans? Yea right. I got a town to sell you. The homer love is at times too much. Let the dude play and see what happens. You already have your built excuse for fail. His Achilles.

What did I say that makes you think he was the only one juicing? I implied the exact opposite! I even used a baseball analogy. Reading comprehension is something you should work on. I try to make a point that masking is ahead of testing. Always has always will be. Should I mention the names of dudes who are dead from steroid use. "Ravaged bodies" Dude, maybe Lyle Alzedo was before your time he died at 43. Google him so you don't come across as being crass, and not knowing what your talking about.

Did you read the part where I said I was given steroids injections (not HGH) for a serious injury that caused postponement of a operation, because my muscle and tissue in the area was ****? My surgeon is Dr. Ken Shu (St. Mary's hospital San Francisco) a sports spinal injury expert, and groundbreaking neurologist. We talked more than once on steroid damage to tissue and muscle. He is the same surgeon who cut and saved Montana's career among others. But yea kind of like global warming there is NO science behind it in your opinion. Just nice little "theories" Wow!

As for Willams and Johnson what does their situations have to do with the price of Yak in Korea? To date Merriman is simply a NIX fail, not his first here and probably not his last. Ooops, now I've opened a whole new can of worms. Have a great evening!

Go Bills!

steroids do cause damage. did steroids cause this damage? who knows? not i, and certainly not you. i will have no ill will towards him if he leaves injured as i dont think hes coasting or tricking anyone, or any of the nonsense that has at times been implied around here. i think he wants to play football, which yes is making a living for him, and i think he does it very well when he can get on the field. unfortunately, he has had a serious series of injuries that could happen to any athlete, juiced or not mind you, that have derailed his career. because he has been so special on the field, he is getting more time than most to sort it out.

currently, he has in my mind swindled no more than say a peyton manning - who is also getting another chance. if he fails in denver due to his neck injury, so be it. i wouldnt hate him for giving it another shot.

steroids do cause damage. did steroids cause this damage? who knows? not i, and certainly not you. i will have no ill will towards him if he leaves injured as i dont think hes coasting or tricking anyone, or any of the nonsense that has at times been implied around here. i think he wants to play football, which yes is making a living for him, and i think he does it very well when he can get on the field. unfortunately, he has had a serious series of injuries that could happen to any athlete, juiced or not mind you, that have derailed his career. because he has been so special on the field, he is getting more time than most to sort it out.

currently, he has in my mind swindled no more than say a peyton manning - who is also getting another chance. if he fails in denver due to his neck injury, so be it. i wouldnt hate him for giving it another shot.

Steroids do cause damage. Yes that was my original point and question. I merely stated is it possible his Achilles was caused by steroids? I then stated I don't know I'm not an expert on HGH. I do know they can cause negative long term effects. I made an unflattering comment about his women who actually are type we all (Well my single buddy's do) like. So when in Vegas keep it there.I should have. I have no ill against the guy, heck if I could cheer for Conrad Dobler wearing the red, white and blue I can cheer for anyone.

GO BILLS

Yes, his injury was in 2007. So what? Apropos of nothing, you brought up Williams and Johnson playing well and getting new contracts, then having surgery. They played well recently--and for the Bills (the team that rewarded them with new contracts for playing well for them). Are the Bills to reward Merriman for playing well 5 years ago for a different team? The sitautions for these players could not be more dissimilar.

And you brought up Merriman's good behavior in Buffalo. I am just reminding you he hasn't been in Buffalo but for a few months in 2 years.

The situations are very similar. Williams and Johnson got their surgeries almost immediately after signing their big money deals. Had they had it done before, it would have hurt their negotiating power. Merriman delayed surgery so as to not hurt his vontract negotiations. It worked, since after his rookie deal, he was franchised, then released, and got a decent deal from the Bills. Now that he's finally had surgery, we'll see what's since there are no more excuses.

Yes. If he plays in the first 5 regular season games, you win. 4 is a tie. 3 or less, I win. I'd go for 50 bucks.

You're on.

Go Bills!

Looks like you and your personal friend WEO are having trouble with the "in Buffalo" thing. I'll chalk it up to being disingenuous because there have been no incidents with him the past couple years, IN Buffalo or out.

This is Merriman's last chance to prove he can stay healthy. I already said he's out of excuses. Again, if he can't, the worst that can be said is he was a waste of money and a bad gamble. I disagree, and it's not like the Bills didn't have the money or the roster spot. But few will call him a D-Bag, except for maybe you and WEO.

As for steroids/Alzado/muscle and tissue damage, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I'll give your neurologist the benefit of the doubt since I don't know the context. But here's a hint: there are different kinds of steroids. Look them up. Talk to your neurologist if you must. Oh and also have a great evening.

The situations are very similar. Williams and Johnson got their surgeries almost immediately after signing their big money deals. Had they had it done before, it would have hurt their negotiating power. Merriman delayed surgery so as to not hurt his vontract negotiations. It worked, since after his rookie deal, he was franchised, then released, and got a decent deal from the Bills. Now that he's finally had surgery, we'll see what's since there are no more excuses.

You're on.

Looks like you and your personal friend WEO are having trouble with the "in Buffalo" thing. I'll chalk it up to being disingenuous because there have been no incidents with him the past couple years, IN Buffalo or out.

This is Merriman's last chance to prove he can stay healthy. I already said he's out of excuses. Again, if he can't, the worst that can be said is he was a waste of money and a bad gamble. I disagree, and it's not like the Bills didn't have the money or the roster spot. But few will call him a D-Bag, except for maybe you and WEO.

As for steroids/Alzado/muscle and tissue damage, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. I'll give your neurologist the benefit of the doubt since I don't know the context. But here's a hint: there are different kinds of steroids. Look them up. Talk to your neurologist if you must. Oh and also have a great evening.

If you would have read ALL of my posts in this thread. You would have seen I stated just that "there are different kinds of steroids". For a guy that calls himself DOC I'm sure glad your not mine. Reading can be tough at times. But thanks for the concern and have a great evening. BTW my "neurologist" runs spinal clinics I do talk to him we became friends. Your lack of facts on posting all things medical has me wondering.......

If you would have read ALL of my posts in this thread. You would have seen I stated just that "there are different kinds of steroids". For a guy that calls himself DOC I'm sure glad your not mine. Reading can be tough at times. But thanks for the concern and have a great evening. BTW my "neurologist" runs spinal clinics I do talk to him we became friends. Your lack of facts on posting all things medical has me wondering.......

I'm sure most things have you wondering. Have a great evening.