Big Problems With Bills Offense ....

Owen

The National Media says next to Nothing about the Buffalo Bills Offense... have you noticed?

Here is what I believe they see when they look at the leadership and roster....

The head coach and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey... A big time loser with the Bills... His won lost record proves it... He has bounced around from team to team... Even when Ralph Wilson chose him as head coach the Bills fans were not in favor of his hiring... Many wanted Shanahan now with Washington... Gailey has a lot to prove.

QB... Ryan Fitzpatrick ... Picked up as a free agent... Bills fans believe he is better as a backup than as a starter... He was a 7th round pick... Bills management is putting to much faith in a losing QB...

QB ... Vince Young.. Backup QB...Picked up by the Bills because no one else wanted him... Most likely washed up

QB ... Tyler Thigper... OMG are you kidding

RB ... Freddy Jackson... Another free agent pickup who starts..

RB ... C.J. Spiller ... A first round pick who has done litte and could be a bust

FB.... Corey McIntrey .. Only touched the ball 4 times last year...

TE ... Scott Chandler... Another free agent pick up no other team wanted... slow

WR ... Stevie Johnson ... A 7th round pick considered their #1 receiver

WR ... Marcus Easley .... a 4th round pick going into his 3rd year and never seen the field, maybe the #2 receiver

WR ... David Nelson .... Another free agent

WR ... Donald Jones ... Another free agent

WR ... T.J. Graham .... Picked in the 3rd round but could have been a 7th round pick

OL ... Corey Glenn .... A rookie LT

OL ... Chris Hairston .. A 4th round pick

OL ... Kraig Urbik...... Another free agent

OL ... Chad Reinhart ... Another free agent

OL ... Eric Pears ...... Another free agent

Then we have Brad Smith... What is he a WR, RB, QB, Special teamer? Bills are even not sure...

Where is the Talent to get this squad to the playoffs?

And we the media are to believe with this motley crew they will make the playoffs ? are you kidding ?

But when you ask Bills fans, many believe they are on the right track, as do I and this so called motley crew will preform to playoff standards... Do you? and why do you Believe.......???

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're only looking at where a player came from in regards to judging their talent then this post is barely worth responding to.

but if we don't know where these bills came from, how can we know where they're going?

The National Media says next to Nothing about the Buffalo Bills Offense... have you noticed?

The head coach and offensive coordinator Chan Gailey... A big time loser with the Bills... His won lost record proves it... He has bounced around from team to team... Even when Ralph Wilson chose him as head coach the Bills fans were not in favor of his hiring... Many wanted Shanahan now with Washington... Gailey has a lot to prove.

QB... Ryan Fitzpatrick ... Picked up as a free agent... Bills fans believe he is better as a backup than as a starter... He was a 7th round pick... Bills management is putting to much faith in a losing QB...

QB ... Vince Young.. Backup QB...Picked up by the Bills because no one else wanted him... Most likely washed up

RB ... C.J. Spiller ... A first round pick who has done litte and could be a bust

TE ... Scott Chandler... Another free agent pick up no other team wanted... slow

WR ... Marcus Easley .... a 4th round pick going into his 3rd year and never seen the field, maybe the #2 receiver

WR ... T.J. Graham .... Picked in the 3rd round but could have been a 7th round pick

Then we have Brad Smith... What is he a WR, RB, QB, Special teamer? Bills are even not sure...

And we the media are to believe with this motley crew they will make the playoffs ? are you kidding ?

But when you ask Bills fans, many believe they are on the right track, as do I and this so called motley crew will preform to playoff standards... Do you? and why do you Believe.......???

I think this is the most pessimistic post I have ever read by a fan. He uses whatever round someone was drafted in, be it first or seventh or whatever, as a criticism. Somehow free agency also makes someone suspect, like Freddy, "another free agent pickup who starts..."

Put a little cream in your coffee, pal!

If you're only looking at where a player came from in regards to judging their talent then this post is barely worth responding to.

It really is pathetic. Especially when you leave out the high draft choices like wood and levitre. I don't think there are "big problems" on an offense that finished in the top half of the league last year. Offense should be better now with more experience and more talent on the oline

This is really a strange post/angle on the Bills offense, but I will take a shot.

We know they are mostly castoffs, and low round draft picks, but so what, for now.

Most on this board, that post anyhow, seem to believe the main reason the Bills offense went from

very good to very bad, was the injuries that were growing and Fitz being injured.

I think this is the most pessimistic post I have ever read by a fan. He uses whatever round someone was drafted in, be it first or seventh or whatever, as a criticism. Somehow free agency also makes someone suspect, like Freddy, "another free agent pickup who starts..."

Put a little cream in your coffee, pal!

Since Freddie was a free agent pick up, he is obviously worthless. I am scared that our best pass rushers were free agent pick ups as well. Bad news!

first thanks for telling me what i think. second, i was going to totally rip you but aside from spiller being a bust(he is obviously a great talent or did you not watch any games last year?) the rest of this post is hilariously true. Which shows what dipheads the previous regime were. We are relying on ufas and 7th rounders but hey, theyre good, so wtf, if we win 3 more games than last year, were in the hunt, and our defense is awesome so be glad. oh and you left off wood and levitre why?

The National Media likely says next to nothing about the Buffalo Bills offense because all of the splashy offseason moves were on D.

In addition, while the Bills O ranked 14th in points per game scored, the Bills D ranked 30th in points per game given up. It doesn't take a genius to tell that if you score 23 pts/game while giving up 27, you lose more than you win.

So the D clearly deserves more attention at this point if the Bills are gonna turn it around.

Your belief system seems entirely predicated on where a guy came from. I don't care where a guy came from. I care where he's going. Chan came in to a team with minimal talent and a losing mentality and culture. He seems to be changing all that. I can agree (I think most fans can agree) this is a pivotal year; talented players are in place (wherever they came from), $$ have been spent, it's time to win more than we lose.

Fretting that he's a "big time loser" with the Bills and his won lost record in his 1st 2 years proves it, and that Bills fans were not in favor of his hiring and preferred Shanahan seems pointless...look at where we are, and where Washington is under Shanahan, still feel that way? Maybe RGIII will singlehandedly turn Washington around, how's that working for St Louis and Carolina?

I think the last place you want to look for an accurate macro-level view of the Bills offense is the media. They are all about glamour. Instead, try looking at the actual offensive rankings from last season. NFL.com shows that last year's Bills offense was actually ranked as follows out of 32 teams:

- 13th in rushing

- 15th in passing

- 14th in yards

- 14th in scoring

Based on these metrics, I don't see "big problems".

Freddy is not just another Fa pick up

McIntyre is a blocking FB...they usually dont get the ball, especially in an offense that uses the spread

Chandler was leading the lead in TDs before he got injured

This post is completely ridiculous

this is likely the most uninspired, nonsensical post I have read in a long time.

I guess by his measurements, Tom Brady is also suspect because he was drafted in the 6th round...

Rather than looking at how a player was acquired, look at how the player has been performing most recently. That's what you've done to evaluate Vince Young, and I think that's the reasonable approach. Labelling Freddie as "just another free agent who starts" is somewhere between misleading and ignorant.

1338134805[/url]' post='2475499']

The National Media likely says next to nothing about the Buffalo Bills offense because all of the splashy offseason moves were on D.

In addition, while the Bills O ranked 14th in points per game scored, the Bills D ranked 30th in points per game given up. It doesn't take a genius to tell that if you score 23 pts/game while giving up 27, you lose more than you win.

So the D clearly deserves more attention at this point if the Bills are gonna turn it around.

Your belief system seems entirely predicated on where a guy came from. I don't care where a guy came from. I care where he's going. Chan came in to a team with minimal talent and a losing mentality and culture. He seems to be changing all that. I can agree (I think most fans can agree) this is a pivotal year; talented players are in place (wherever they came from), $ have been spent, it's time to win more than we lose.

Fretting that he's a "big time loser" with the Bills and his won lost record in his 1st 2 years proves it, and that Bills fans were not in favor of his hiring and preferred Shanahan seems pointless...look at where we are, and where Washington is under Shanahan, still feel that way? Maybe RGIII will singlehandedly turn Washington around, how's that working for St Louis and Carolina?

You're quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. Injecting rational, factual posts into dribble threads like this needs to be done more!

Thank you. thumbsup.gif

OL ... Eric Pears ...... Another free agen

Booooo

Steve Young- guy was taken in the freakin supplemental draft and didn't see the field for years in SF after sucking in Tampa Bay

Rod Smith- Dude wasn't even drafted!

Fred Jackson- guy wasn't even drafted

Tom Brady- dude was out of shape at the combine, was a backup in college and was drafted in the 6th round! What a loser!

Wait- why did I bother responding to this post?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Tom Brady 7th round pick

Wes Welker undrafted