Jenkins for Leodis

stony

I usually don't like discussing/proposing trades of players because rarely do they ever happen. Generally it's a player for draft picks. However with word out of Dallas being that the Cowboys will look to trade Jenkins perhaps the Bills and Cowboys would be interested in swapping their 2008 1st round picks.

Jenkins is the better CB IMO but is currently injured.

Leodis has all the physical skills one could ask for but seems to lack the fundamental trait of looking back for the spiral shaped object when its in the air. He does have ST value as well.

Maybe it's a change of scenery type deal where both teams hope a new team can jumpstart the respective player's career.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't like discussing/proposing trades of players because rarely do they ever happen. Generally it's a player for draft picks. However with word out of Dallas being that the Cowboys will look to trade Jenkins perhaps the Bills and Cowboys would be interested in swapping their 2008 1st round picks.

Leodis has all the physical skills one could ask for but seems to lack the fundamental trait of looking back for the spiral shaped object when its in the air. He does have ST value as well.

Maybe it's a change of scenery type deal where both teams hope a new team can jumpstart the respective player's career.

No thanks. If they trade him for anything I hope it's a draft pick.

I am in the minority on this one, but I think Leodis could have a good year. He is a really good cover guy, he just needs to find the ball in the air. He could be one of the big beneficiaries of the improved pass rush.

Leodis, for all his shortcomings, is a gifted athlete in the final year of his contract.

As Buddy Nix suggested, Leodis will be motivated.

On top of that, he will have the benefit of a pass rush for the first time in his NFL career.

I'm very interested to see what kind of season he turns in.

I don't know much about Jenkins, but what makes him better than Leodis other than he doesn't play for the Bills?

Jenkins was a pro bowler in 09 and an alternate in 2010. He has 8ints for his career. I have a few friends who area Cowboya fans who have always spoken highly of him.

Leodis, for all his shortcomings, is a gifted athlete in the final year of his contract.

On top of that, he will have the benefit of a pass rush for the first time in his NFL career.

I have no grudge w Leodis and have gone out of my way to defend him here on many a thread. I think he lacks ball skills like no other CB I can remember. I don't know if a pass rush will fix this because Leods has actually done a good job of covering people it's just when the ball is in they air he doesn't make a play on it.

I have no grudge w Leodis and have gone out of my way to defend him here on many a thread. I think he lacks ball skills like no other CB I can remember. I don't know if a pass rush will fix this because Leods has actually done a good job of covering people it's just when the ball is in they air he doesn't make a play on it.

I know you have nothing against Leodis.

I'm just saying that I'd prefer to keep him around for the last year of his contract.

I think he might surprise some people this year.

No THanks on this one! I've seen Jenkins play plenty as my wife is a Cowboy fan. If Leodis was playing with Ware and company and have had the coaching that Jenkins has had he would have been Faaarrrr more productive in his career. We will see this year The boys entire secondary was lousy and has been for the last 5-7 years which is why they are having a complete overhaul back there the same way we've redone our front 7.

Go Bills!!!!!

Jenkins is pretty good, but not that good...part of the reason the Cowboys want to trade him is because he wants to get paid...really paid! At some point, I suspect, the Bills are going to have to keep an eye on the cap...honestly, I think McKelvin could still be salvagable. I know he has his woes, but I think some of his problems are correctable....he has speed, and can keep up with anyone...that is a big part of being a shut-down corner..now he just has to learn the rest of it...

This is what I am thinking as well. He has all the tools but needs to make better plays on balls in the air. An improved pass rush should lead to more inaccurate passes, which hopefully he grabs and takes to the house.

McKelvin has 5 INTs for his career. The difference of 3, when Jenkins has had a very good rush in front of him, does not sell me on him over McKelvin. I like Leodis. I think he is a good player and will have a good year and hopefully several more in a Bills uniform. Williams, Gilmore, McKelvin and Brooks are going to be pretty darn good in the Dime with Wilson and Byrd roaming behind them.

I have a few friends who area Cowboya fans who have always spoken highly of him.

Funny, my friends who are Cowboys fans always make Mike Jenkins seem like the Leodis McKelvin of Dallas. He gets all the blame, as he should.

I think Leodis makes a signifigant difference for the Bills this year. I will go on record now and say he wins a game for Buffalo on Special teams alone. This is where he will shine. I would not trade him. I also think Buffalo is done tinkering with there roster. What they have now is what they will go to training camp with.

Buffalo has difference makers on Offense, Defense and now special teams.

This is what I am thinking as well. He has all the tools but needs to make better plays on balls in the air. An improved pass rush should lead to more inaccurate passes, which hopefully he grabs and takes to the house.

+1

It was rather amazing how frequently he was in the right position and how frequently the pass was completed anyway.

Let's hope Leodis doesn't have to play enough for us to see what kind of a season he'll have.

No thanks. If they trade him for anything I hope it's a draft pick.

I am in the minority on this one, but I think Leodis could have a good year. He is a really good cover guy, he just needs to find the ball in the air. He could be one of the big beneficiaries of the improved pass rush.

:thumbsup: agreed!!! yes i get mad at him from time to time but as a nickle with the pass rush he is going to have a better year but look out for Rodgers to challenge him i have a good feeling about him

1337737390[/url]' post='2472802']

Jenkins was a pro bowler in 09 and an alternate in 2010. He has 8ints for his career. I have a few friends who area Cowboya fans who have always spoken highly of him.

must be nice playing CB with DeMarcus Ware rushing the opposing qb. I'll keep leodis and see how he does with an improved pass rush. The ability is there.