Is this a right-wing board?

It was suggested by one poster last week that the PPP board is heavily slanted toward the right. That once the right wingers get going, the threads turn into a self congratulatory love fest of conservatism.

However, I do not think this is the case, rather, it might appear that way because most of the drive by and troll posters (DiN, Conner) are not the most eliquent in terms of thier arguments. I am speaking in a general sense, because there are many posters who while are more left of center, can and do phrase thier arguments in a concise and intellegent manner.

So what say you all? Is this a right-wing board, or is it just a matter of there being more right wingers with a better command of the art of argument and debate?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was suggested by one poster last week that the PPP board is heavily slanted toward the right. That once the right wingers get going, the threads turn into a self congratulatory love fest of conservatism.

However, I do not think this is the case, rather, it might appear that way because most of the drive by and troll posters (DiN, Conner) are not the most eliquent in terms of thier arguments. I am speaking in a general sense, because there are many posters who while are more left of center, can and do phrase thier arguments in a concise and intellegent manner.

So what say you all? Is this a right-wing board, or is it just a matter of there being more right wingers with a better command of the art of argument and debate?

I would say there are more conservatives and they can be more attacking at times.

Duh. It's is like a gang of right wingers that jump anyone with a different opinion. My guess: 80% or more posters are white guys over 40. For some reason people think everything is black and white when the answer is really a shade of gray.

Duh. It's is like a gang of right wingers that jump anyone with a different opinion. My guess: 80% or more posters are white guys over 40. For some reason people think everything is black and white when the answer is really a shade of gray.

Hey, as a white guy, over 40, I resent this!!!! :P

PPP definitely tilts to the right.

There have been some reasonable lefties here over the years but they don't stay long. They find out real fast that they are far outnumbered. They also see some of our regular lefties here and don't care for the company

So they give up and go somewhere else

Obvious gang-bang of right wing idiocy in most of the big threads. However, there are some people more left of center and not all of the conservatives are retarded/obnoxious. But all in all, absolutely this is a right wing board. But don't let that stop you from posting whatever you want here if you are thinking about it. And remember, it's not that bad. So what. And really I would say it's more accurate to characterize the board as "extreme anti-obama" than anything else.

Edited by TheNewBills

This is the crux of my question. Is it REALLY that way, or does it just seem that way because the "white, over 40's" as you put it are better at putting up references for thier argument from reliable sources?

This is the crux of my question. Is it REALLY that way, or does it just seem that way because the "white, over 40's" as you put it are better at putting up references for thier argument from reliable sources?

LOL. No. It really is that way. The "white, over 40s" are not "better at putting up references" either (neither are the left necessarily). But the white over-40 thing is stupid anyway. Don't worry about that. Just participate and find out yourself. And remember if you aren't having some sense of entertainment out of it then you are doing it wrong.

Edited by TheNewBills

Obvious gang-bang of right wing idiocy in most of the big threads. However, there are some people more left of center and not all of the conservatives are retarded/obnoxious. But all in all, absolutely this is a right wing board. But don't let that stop you from posting whatever you want here if you are thinking about it. And remember, it's not that bad. So what. And really I would say it's more accurate to characterize the board as "extreme anti-obama" than anything else.

No worries there, I am as far from a traditional pol as you can get. I have this recurring argument with my father-in-law who is the biggest NJ democrat alive. I ususally just agree with him by saying, "yeah, I'd say the Republicans are about HALF the problem".

My personal view are fiscally conservative, but socially fairly liberal...

Hey, as a white guy, over 40, I resent this!!!! :P

50 is probably a better barrier. And it's all older people of a certain age. The younger generation grew up in a different world. Some people still are disgusted by interracial or gay couples.

And I honestly respect everyone's opinion if it is presented the right way. but you guys like DC Tom who flex their internet muscles if you have a different point a view. I hate the 2 party system. It's stupid and it's flawed. But people treat it like it's the Bloods and the Crips. You have to only support your gang at all costs. There isn't one right way to do something. The truth is somewhere in the middle. But people here hate hearing that.

Is this a right-wing board, or is it just a matter of there being more right wingers with a better command of the art of argument and debate?

Sadly, CB demonstrates the correct answer.

The majority of the board is conservative and (most) they express their arguments with more reasoning and facts.

Howver, since most of us suffer fools lightly, when any particularly dense liberal response is posted, there is usually a large, vocal response.

Those on the Left with the courage of their convictions simply laugh it off, those weak-kneed libs who try to "hit and run" usually whine the loudest, making generalized ASSumptions about those "mean right-wingers" as CB just did.

I try and stay out of that, I oft times fail.

But most of those beaten up on the board seem to ask for it.................as the the Great Bard (DC TOM) once said........................

"an Idiot, is an Idiot, is an Idiot"

I hate the 2 party system. It's stupid and it's flawed. But people treat it like it's the Bloods and the Crips. You have to only support your gang at all costs. There isn't one right way to do something. The truth is somewhere in the middle. But people here hate hearing that.

I can agree totally with this statement...

No worries there, I am as far from a traditional pol as you can get. I have this recurring argument with my father-in-law who is the biggest NJ democrat alive. I ususally just agree with him by saying, "yeah, I'd say the Republicans are about HALF the problem".

My personal view are fiscally conservative, but socially fairly liberal...

Not that it matters, but I like your way of thinking and think the US would be a better place if more people thought like.

One of my best friends is a hardcore Republican. Yet, he watches the Democratic party conferences and forms his own opinions. He voted for McCain last election. now, he doesn't favor Romney, so he is leaning towards Obama. I respect that so much more than blindly voting.

PPP definitely tilts to the right.

There have been some reasonable lefties here over the years but they don't stay long. They find out real fast that they are far outnumbered. They also see some of our regular lefties here and don't care for the company

Bingo

Exhibit A.

He voted for McCain last election. now, he doesn't favor Romney, so he is leaning towards Obama. I respect that so much more than blindly voting.

Your friend is in the minority, there will be alot more people who voted for Obama that will switch to the GOP than people who voted for McCain switching to Obama.

DC Tom is by far the most intellectual "reich" winger on this board. While his prose is excellent he lacks the statistics to back his argument. In other words he's a lot like Newt Gingrich, a professorial "douche" who uses his expanse vocabulary to ridicule those who challenge him.

His trademark "you're an idiot", post vocabulary lesson is quite hilarious.