Famous people you've seen in person

That night he was in Nicky's I looked out of the kitchen and he was the only person out there in the bar. Big window behind him with the late afternoon sun shining in. AlI I could see was his silloutte. Impressive dude.

I love Sinatra...hard to believe, he died exactly 14 years agao...any story behind the Chairman?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked in the music industry, in some fashion or another, full time, for about 20 years...now just dabble part time. Ironically, when I got a "real" job, it involves making parking arraingements for large events at the University of Texas. Just found out, we are hosting a Vince Young Party in a few weeks...

I won't be a name dropper, cuz I would say I have met hundreds of famous musicians, athletes and film stars over the years..I could never list them all...

Most recent:

Eva Longoria

Kelly Clarkson

Jeb Bush

All-time favorites/highlights:

Keith Richards

Merle Haggard

Pete Townsend

Ray Davies

Emmylou Harris

Willie Nelson

Joe Strummer

Townes Van Zandt

Mick Jones (The Clash)

Jimmy Carter

Bill Clinton

George W Bush (not a fan of his politics, but I got a strong sense that he was a good man)

Laura Bush

Sarah Silverman

Kevin McHale

Dennis Johnson (Celtics)

Patrick Ewing

Barry Manilow

Worst:

Lou Reed (love his music, but not a very pleasent guy...who'd have known? :P )

Chrissie Hynde (see Lou Reed)

Prince

Tony Randle

Dustin Hoffman

Rick Perry

Paul Stanley

Karen Hughes (Bush Jr campaign manager when he was governor of Texas, served in his cabinet while prez)

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Foxiest:

Elle McPherson

Liz Phair

Leah Remini

Minka Kelly

Adrianne Palikci

Eva Mendes

Kelly Willis (country singer...ohh la la)

Sara Evans

I am sure I am leaving a ton out...just some highlights...when I first started meeting lots of famous people, I got pretty excited, and would ask for autographs, as long as other people were asking too...then I just started feeling stupid asking, so I just stopped, unless the meeting was one where the person was promoting a book, or record, and was there to push a product.

Now that is impressive.

Jay Leno in outside Super Bowl XXVII, pretty cool guy asked about the Anchor Bar and Dickies Donuts.

I love Sinatra...hard to believe, he died exactly 14 years agao...any story behind the Chairman?

Oh yeah. Fed him twice. He came in to Nicky's one night. Nicky had been trying to get him in for a long time. The ticket came in and I was about to call it out and Nicky comes in and takes the order out of my hand. He changes the order and hands it back. I said "really, are you sure??". "Yes!". Conundrum. Do you change Sinatra's order? Well Nicky paid my check so I changed it. A while later Nicky comes in looking like a kid who just had his puppy stolen. I asked what was wrong. He said he just came from Frank's table. "And??? What did he say??"

"it sucked Nicky. It !@#$ing sucked!!!"

Never ever change Sinatra's order.

Oh and I gotta tell ya Elizabeth Taylor's eyes are bluer in person. Wow!!!

But the B word can't kiss to save her life.

Cuchi, Cuchi... :lol:

And, I'm not talking about a washed up has been Charo. I'm talking about 1978 height of her Cuchi Cuchi game Charo!

Although now that I think about it - I did see a washed up, coked out 39 year old Joey Hetherton standing right next to me at a bar. She looked 69. She was arrested for coke about a month later.

Nolan Ryan in 2010 while walking to

my seat on the 2nd level of Rangers

Ballpark. It was surreal!!! We passed

each other and all I could say was ""Good

Afternoon""!!!

My childhood hero! Nice!

John Lennon--walked by him on street in NY-gave him the cool nod--he nodded back--just couldnt stop him and do the swooning slobbering thing

Judy Carne--saw her in restaurant in London

LBJ--Buff airport 1965

Ann Coulter-ran into her on street in NY

Miles Davis--was at a party he was at...sheesh that was surreal

Dave Brubeck--at a restaurant in Buffalo--

Used to work as a manager at a clothing store and at a speak easy type bar in LA, so off the top of my head:

Keifer Sutherland(shared many drinks with him, nice guy)

Judd Apatow + wife Leslie Mann and their 2 kids

Britney Spears

Dave Grohl

Lindsay Lohan

Alec Baldwin

Chris Brown(the one that beat up Rhianna)

Pete Carroll

Robert Downey Jr.

Jon Favreau(was wearing a giants jersey when I met him)

Sandra Bullock

Patricia Richardson(mom from Home Improvement)

Adam Sandler

hmm, thats all I can remember at the moment...

Met a bunch of Bills players in the mid 70's to early 80's as my familys dealership used to supply cars for different functions for the bills. Too many to list. Also met a bunch of the Buc's as I was envolved with CASA down here in Florida for about 15 years. Met some actors, boxers, wrestlers, actresses, politions, etc......

One encounter with a famous person sticks out the most.......its about 30 years ago....

One night I decided to take my Girl friend to this nice resturant in Tampa, at the Hyatt, great steak.

So we decided to go to the bar for a couple of after diner drinks. Well we're having a good time, snugglin kissin an ****. Well, I had to drain the lizzard so I excused myself.......

So as I'm heading back to the bar I see this guy with his arm around my girl friend, his back is to me, they're laughin smiling have a good time. Now I'm pissed.

So I walk up tap him on the shoulder and said what the !@#$ do you think you're doing with your arm around my GF??

He turns around and its Billy Martin, Manager of the Yankees. (I'm a life long fan) He says nothin just shootin the breeze sir. I of course I forgive him right away, DUH!!

We proceed to do shots and drink for the next couple of hours just talking baseball and Yankees. Coolest night I ever had WRT "Brush with Greatness"

It was at the time where he had the cast on his arm from that run in with a reporter.

Too funny. Great night!!!!!!

RIP Billy.

I forgot Dale Earnhardt, Chocolate Myers, Richard Childless, Jack Rousch and a few other NASCAR guys

Walking through the Long Beach Grand Prix I saw a bunch of drivers but Mario Andretti walked right by me. Very cool. He was the man when I was a kid.

"Who do you think you are, Mario Andretti?"

Walking through the Long Beach Grand Prix I saw a bunch of drivers but Mario Andretti walked right by me. Very cool. He was the man when I was a kid.

"Who do you think you are, Mario Andretti?"

Myers lives here in town. You see him everywhere.

Rousch is crazy. He keeps his pool refrigerated and warmed to some certain temp all year.

Did "love in an elevator" commence?

Steven Tyler, a woman in a wheel chair, and me in an elevator. I bet that's exactly what he had in mind when he wrote the song. I just hope they don't decide to make a new video.

Ned Reagan - County Executive and State Comptroller- Spoke at honor society induction in High School

Mike Ramsey, Tony, McKegney, and either Lindy Ruff or Jon VanBoxmeer - Mighty Taco on Transit- They had played in Montreal that evening and were stopping by on the way home.

Jewel - Was staying at the Beverly Hilton for a conference and ASCAP had an awards dinner there. Someone had to point her out to me.

Arnold Schwartzenegger - last campaign stop before being elected was in the next town.

Medea Benjamin - head of Code Pink - got in an argument face to face with her when they were protesting at Schwartenegger's campaign rally.

Missed a chance at seeing Pat Benatar at Stage One (Harvey and Corky's Bar at Transit and Main) about 6 months before she hit it big). Also missed a chance at seeing Blondie at the UB Ellicott dorms just before they hit it big.

Edited by Wacka

Oh yeah. Fed him twice. He came in to Nicky's one night. Nicky had been trying to get him in for a long time. The ticket came in and I was about to call it out and Nicky comes in and takes the order out of my hand. He changes the order and hands it back. I said "really, are you sure??". "Yes!". Conundrum. Do you change Sinatra's order? Well Nicky paid my check so I changed it. A while later Nicky comes in looking like a kid who just had his puppy stolen. I asked what was wrong. He said he just came from Frank's table. "And??? What did he say??"

"it sucked Nicky. It !@#$ing sucked!!!"

Never ever change Sinatra's order.

Oh and I gotta tell ya Elizabeth Taylor's eyes are bluer in person. Wow!!!

But the B word can't kiss to save her life.

That is funny stuff! Why did Nickey want to change his order, may I ask? You don't mess with the Chairman...

Elizabeth Taylor, early 70's, Dulles Airport, absolutely beautiful, asked me for a match, sorry I didn't smoke! :cry:

Gerald Ford,(gave him a ride home from Dulles to Alexandria VA when he was House Minority Leader), OJ, George Allen, Mike Holmgren (very pompous full of himself), Ralph Wilson, Paul Maguire, Sarah Palin, (seemed very sincere for a politician), Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, Dave Winfield,

but the most important was the one, I saw and touched last night, it was NYFD Rescue 3/4 Fire truck that responded to the 9-11 WTC call. 9 of the truck crew lost their lives on 9-11, but the Truck survived and was in service for the NYFD till 2010.

It was on display in the Richmond Airport Fire House last evening. Having lost co-workers on 2 of the 4 planes on 9-11, it was a moving experience, beyond words.

Mike Holmgren (very pompous full of himself)

I had the exact opposite experience with him. Granted, it was only about a 20 minute conversation, but he was very friendly the entire time.