Famous people you've seen in person

* in new York city unless otherwise noted

Frank Gifford

Howard cosell

OJ Simpson

Matt dillon

Robert de Niro (sat next to at restaurant and walked by on street)

Jackie O

JFK jr (played flag football against in central park)

Liv Tyler

Christy turlington

Brooke shields

*Susan sarandon (buffalo airport)

*Matt lauer (played golf with on long island)

Campbell brown (worked out next to at yoga class)

Andy Rooney (sat next to at reataurant )

Michael imperioli (was in my place )

Larry king

*Bill clinton (met at golf club in new jersey)

Mike Tyson

Bill walton

Al sharpton

Bridget Moynihan (sat next to at sports bar watching pats @ bills game in 2006 when she was still seeing brady lol)

Martha Stewart (rode elevator with, big woman!)

Gina gershon

* billy Sheehan (backstage before a concert in buffalo)

* jumbo Elliott ( at car racing event in Poconos. Good guy when he found out I was from buffalo he asked "didnt you guys have a kicker named Nor-wad?") lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen, as in I saw them, or actually got to say "hi" and/or shake their hand?

Either met or were right next to. I'm not one to intro myself or ask for signature etc so most for me were of the right next to variety. The only exception was bill Clinton, which was at the prodding of a friend. If I were to expand it to people I saw from xx blocks away list would probably double

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

i shook his hand at the NYS Fair, and I am no fan of his, but it was a very memorable experience...his presence is really dynamic...then the mood was ruined when hilary walked by...

Either met or were right next to. I'm not one to intro myself or ask for signature etc so most for me were of the right next to variety. The only exception was bill Clinton, which was at the prodding of a friend.

Frank Gehry

Paul Newman (couldn't believe how short he was)

A couple of CT governors and pols

Brian Williams (NBC anchor)

Geno Auriemma running around campus back in the day

Sue Bird (sat next to her in a gen-ed French class --- she was pretty cool), Diana Taurasi, and a bunch of other UConn players

Was she with George Seifert?

I forgot who she was with, not that tall Actor Dude. I think she was in buffalo because there was a writer of some sort she was meeting, or maybe her man was from buffalo. It was early 90's, long time ago. I sat next to her in the waiting area

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Frank Gehry

Sue Bird (sat next to her in a gen-ed French class --- she was pretty cool), Diana Taurasi, and a bunch of other UConn players

I guy I went to college with used to work in a men's clothing store...he used to fit Newman for suits.

Same guy, my favorite "meeting a celebrity story": this guy was a huge Steve Martin fan. One time he's walking through one of the NY-are airports, and runs into none other than Martin. He's floored, of course, and not-so-brightly says "Hey, you're Steve Martin! What are you doing here?" Steve conspiratorially looks left and right, then leans in close and says to my friend (playfully, not snidely) "I'm taking...a plane." And walks away.

Frank Gehry

Talked to Geno for a few minutes at the NCAA Tourney in 2008. The Cornell women were the sacrificial 16-seed against UConn and I was doing play-by-play.

Geno: Care to let me in on any Achilles' Heels?

Me: I don't think you need the help. :lol:

They lost like 85-32 or something, of course.

he was former when i saw him as well...she was the senator at the time...he shook my hand and it was as if it was just he and i, not sure why it hit me like that...he must just have a ton of charisma.

Definitely exciting meeting the pres (former when I met him).

I got several autographs when I was a kid. George Steinbrenner was one. Some NY Giants players on another occassion; Harry Carson is the only one I remember.

Howard Cosell was at one of my Little League games.

Angela Lansbury sat next to me at a Broadway show.

Met Robert Downey Jr in Bryant Park during the '92 DNC. Dozens of famous peoople at that event but he was the only one I met.

Met Tim Raines and a few Expos in an elevator in San Juan back in the late 80s.

Saw Forest Whitaker in an elevator a few years ago.

Friends spot famous people in NYC all the time but I almost never recognize them on the street, other than Hulk Hogan and Miss Universe (she was wearing her sash).

he was former when i saw him as well...she was the senator at the time...he shook my hand and it was as if it was just he and i, not sure why it hit me like that...he must just have a ton of charisma.

I was having a drink with a friend at the bar when someone told us BC was in the locker room by himself. He'd played the front 9 and hurt his back and was waiting for his playing partners to finish the back 9. I didn't want bother him but my friend had other ideas so next thing I know we're in the locker room intro'ing ourselves and shooting the breeze lol

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

oh god, you have to go and meet him, especially a president....whether you agree with the politics or not, it's a president, or ex president..that's a once in a lifetime opportunity normally....

I was having a drink with a friend at the bar when someone told us BC was in the locker room by himself. He'd played the front 9 and hurt his back and was waiting for his playing partners to finish the back 9. I didn't want bother him but my friend had other ideas so next thing I know we're in the locker room intro'ing ourselves and shooting the breeze lol